ReACT Final Tuned

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Dectilon » July 20th, 2005, 4:13 pm

What would the point be with being able to play Aoko? With a player bright enough to keep chucking fireballs from a corner perpetually, she would be impossible to beat.

And I guess she's made to be one of those "are you fast enough" end bosses.

I wish I understood more of what they said :(
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ciel » July 20th, 2005, 5:39 pm

Dectilon wrote:What would the point be with being able to play Aoko? With a player bright enough to keep chucking fireballs from a corner perpetually, she would be impossible to beat.
Well, Act Cadenza has a playable Aoko, although toned down a lot. They could have made her like that one, or at least make another Aoko character (with one playable and one boss only) like some other games do.

White Len seems to have lost a lot, including the blood heat and most of her special/super attacks, although it seems she has some new animations for jumping.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dectilon » July 20th, 2005, 6:37 pm

White Len wasn't really a boss I think. Too easy to beat imo. Except for her air ice-attack. The strongest attack in the game maybe? It's not even a final arc and it takes 3/4 of your energy.

~~
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mysterio006 » July 24th, 2005, 9:10 pm

Version 2.501 is out... likely the compilation of versions 2.500, a, b, and c.

http://mirror.fuzzy2.com/meltyblood/
Mysterio006
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Dectilon » July 25th, 2005, 12:14 am

I would be pretty cool to play Aoko acctually :)

But, somehow I think it ruins her character that she just flings fireballs. I liked to think of the magic more along the lines of Constantine (not the movie :P); there, but untouchable.

Kinda like the glasses she gave Shiki. You know they work, but not why and what effect they really have. That's my kind of magic :)

Oh, and plzzzzzzz read my fan fic thingy. Writing is more fun if you get some feedback.
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ciel » July 25th, 2005, 6:26 am

Mysterio006 wrote:Version 2.501 is out... likely the compilation of versions 2.500, a, b, and c.
I kinda doubt it. All of them were small updates (compressed would be 8 mb at most, probably less), and each of them already included the previous one. Perhaps something more was added.
*still hopes for playable Aoko. :P

Good thing they have mirrors for the file, the fuzzy2.com server's awesome speeds don't go over 2 kb/sec. :\

Edit: Well, i got it. The reason it's so big is cause they modified the 270 mb big 07.p file and included it. The other file seems to have some additional fixes for Hisui since 2500c.

At least 07.p can now be opened/extracted. I guess that's good for the translation, as it has some final tuned exclusive stuff, including japanese text.
Edit2: Nevermind that. For some reason I can open the old file now. The last time i tried it seemed to be empty. .__.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ares » July 26th, 2005, 1:04 am

Am I the only one that noticed that there four new costumes for each player? :shock:
They messed with the colours. From what I've seen so far: Blond Akiha, pink and white haired Ciel. I can't wait to see the rest lolz
Ares
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby linalys » July 26th, 2005, 2:52 am

linalys
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Great Taming » July 29th, 2005, 3:07 pm

Is it just me, or does the link for patch 2.500b on the official website for Melty Blood not work? I got a and c fine. It's just b that seems to be missing..
Great Taming
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » July 30th, 2005, 12:30 pm

If you have 2.500c, you don't need b or a, since all of them replace the exact same files.

Not that it matters since 2.501 is out already, and it replaces the exact same files (and additionally 07.p) again. :P

Edit: Well, 2.501a is out already. :o
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby GoodAndy » August 2nd, 2005, 4:35 pm

I like the update. Although there really isn't too much added. It fixes bugs and balances more of the gameplay. The new options menu lets you change almost everything in gameplay. (Enter options menu while holding button 4.)
I think there needs to be a way to let many americans know about this game. It has nothing in there that makes it so awesome, only that it is just well planned and the gameplay is balanced perfectly. I don't even play Guilty Gear anymore.
GoodAndy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Ciel » August 3rd, 2005, 8:31 am

The options menu is pretty interesting, too bad it doesn't allow one to disable the lifebars completly (as in everything, not just the active content).
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mysterio006 » August 3rd, 2005, 7:41 pm

Hm, reminds me of this game where the boss's final move gradually makes each bar disappear, one by one. Very cool.

Mysterio006
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Great Teacher Largo » August 5th, 2005, 7:08 pm

I can't seem to install the patch for some reason. It gives some odd error that I can't understand since I do not understand Japanese. ^^;

Anyone know what's wrong?
Great Teacher Largo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Soulfang » August 5th, 2005, 8:30 pm

Great Teacher Largo wrote:I can't seem to install the patch for some reason. It gives some odd error that I can't understand since I do not understand Japanese. ^^;

Anyone know what's wrong?

If you're not in Japanese locale mode (if you don't know how to do it, look around the forums, there's a guide somewhere, I'm sure), do so, and if the error persists, take a screenshot of the error and post it here.
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Unread postby Great Teacher Largo » August 5th, 2005, 9:43 pm

The applocale thing didn't work. Think it was the same error just displayed with better looking japanese ^^;

Here was one error message.

This one I got as well.
Great Teacher Largo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby emperor » August 5th, 2005, 11:53 pm

It says your don't have enough space! 28MB or more are required. Why do I have a hard time believing this? Lol.
emperor
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Dectilon » August 6th, 2005, 12:07 am

Because it's probably not true. I've had the same problem, but I don't remember how I fixed it ^^
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ciel » August 6th, 2005, 5:29 am

The easiest way to fix it is just to copy the patch files (ones from the 'file' folder, 07.p, 00ft.p and mbr.exe) to your react folder, overwriting the old ones. No need to install them.

GTL: Isn't that my old avatar btw? :P
Last edited by Ciel on August 6th, 2005, 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Great Teacher Largo » August 6th, 2005, 8:34 am

Well now that I did that the game won't even run. -_-
Great Teacher Largo
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to Melty Blood Chat