Attacks requiring a "Z" movement

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Attacks requiring a "Z" movement

Unread postby Cat Megex » May 19th, 2008, 10:46 pm

(Note: I use a gamepad to play rather than my keyboard)

I can generally execute the attack commands correctly (they are quite simple compared to some); however, I can almost never perform moves that require that zig-zag or "z" movement. Is it just 6-4-6 (or 4-6-4, for some moves), or is there supposed to be some vertical movement in there as well?
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Re: Attacks requiring a "Z" movement

Unread postby abscess » May 19th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Cat Megex wrote:(Note: I use a gamepad to play rather than my keyboard)

I can generally execute the attack commands correctly (they are quite simple compared to some); however, I can almost never perform moves that require that zig-zag or "z" movement. Is it just 6-4-6 (or 4-6-4, for some moves), or is there supposed to be some vertical movement in there as well?

Forward -> down -> down-forward -> forward + [button]
It's like Ryu's (street fighter) shoryuken.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Re: Attacks requiring a "Z" movement

Unread postby Cat Megex » May 19th, 2008, 11:31 pm

abscess wrote:Forward -> down -> down-forward -> forward + [button]
It's like Ryu's (street fighter) shoryuken.

...Seriously? o_O That sure could have been represented better in the Commands section of the help.

Anyway, thanks!
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby nobaka » May 19th, 2008, 11:37 pm

Yeah, it took me a while to figure out what that actually meant before I remembered that keyboards don't have a neutral position (5) to start at.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » May 19th, 2008, 11:43 pm

Had the same problem with other fighting game I already forgot it's name. I remember it was for the DC (Dreamcast, oh how I love that console! although mine is dead...) and was from CAPCOM
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Cat Megex » May 19th, 2008, 11:55 pm

...On another note, but still related to the subject: I just discovered that Akiha's move "Brilliant Impetus, Autumn Leaves" (which uses the Shoryuken-style thing) is actually performed in the opposite direction to that given in the commands list. (i.e. it's 6236 rather than 4214). Where would I post to report that? (Because the only threads I've seen for reporting are for bugs or spelling/grammar errors.)
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » May 19th, 2008, 11:58 pm

Cat Megex wrote:...On another note, but still related to the subject: I just discovered that Akiha's move "Brilliant Impetus, Autumn Leaves" (which uses the Shoryuken-style thing) is actually performed in the opposite direction to that given in the commands list. (i.e. it's 6236 rather than 4214). Where would I post to report that? (Because the only threads I've seen for reporting are for bugs or spelling/grammar errors.)

Are you talking about the "backwards-shoryuken"?
abscess

Unread postby Cat Megex » May 20th, 2008, 12:16 am

abscess wrote:Are you talking about the "backwards-shoryuken"?

Well, yes, but my point was that the command is listed wrong in the graphic.

(For that matter, I think one of Vampire Sion's moves is mislabeled, too.)
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » May 20th, 2008, 12:29 am

Well, I don't know if Re-Eact has any command list, I only know that AC has one, but I very rarely use it. If you are talking about Re-Act, and there is a graphics error of some kind and no thread to report it my best recomendation is to contact one of the guys that worked on the patch. If you are talking AC, as far as I know no patch of any kind is out (at least not from MM), and there being no patch it's not much of a problem that they have to fix. Maybe your best shot would be to contact one of the guys that is working on AC patch to let them know about that problem and it may be fixed when the patch is out.
Hope I helped

A question of my own. In AC, how do I use the Last Arcs? I have only used so far the common powered-up special moves, the Arc-Drives and the Another Arc-Drives, but I have never been able to use a Last Arc.
abscess

Unread postby Cat Megex » May 20th, 2008, 12:43 am

abscess wrote:A question of my own. In AC, how do I use the Last Arcs? I have only used so far the common powered-up special moves, the Arc-Drives and the Another Arc-Drives, but I have never been able to use a Last Arc.

Use the shield button while in Blood Heat (and, in doing so, successfully block an attack). However, while this is done in the neutral pose for most of the characters, some of the characters have to be in midair (for one, Arcueid), and I think one or two may need to be crouching.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » May 20th, 2008, 12:48 am

Cat Megex wrote:
abscess wrote:A question of my own. In AC, how do I use the Last Arcs? I have only used so far the common powered-up special moves, the Arc-Drives and the Another Arc-Drives, but I have never been able to use a Last Arc.

Use the shield button while in Blood Heat (and, in doing so, successfully block an attack). However, while this is done in the neutral pose for most of the characters, some of the characters have to be in midair (for one, Arcueid), and I think one or two may need to be crouching.

just that? no freaky sequence or anything??
abscess

Unread postby Cat Megex » May 20th, 2008, 2:07 am

abscess wrote:just that? no freaky sequence or anything??

Unlike what the HTML-based help document says, no freaky sequence(s) are needed. So, yes, just that.

EDIT: well, that's the case in ReACT...I'm not too sure about Act Cadenza, but I don't think it would be too different.

Anyway, go into Training Mode (if they have that in AC), set the P2 actions to "CPU", set Magic Circuit gauge to MAX, go into Blood Heat, and try it out with different characters (I'm pretty sure Shiki's is done while standing, but I know for a fact that Arcueid's is while in midair).

EDIT #2: Also, if you research it, Satsuki's Last Arc (which is activated when shielding while standing) turns out to be something quite rare (here's a hint: it involves something that the final boss mentions before battle #10 [that is, the final battle] when playing as Satsuki in Arcade Mode).
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby yud1 » May 23rd, 2008, 11:35 am

abscess wrote:just that? no freaky sequence or anything??

just like that... I think. some characters need to perform in midair and such, but the basics are about shielding in the blood heat mode.

...wait. or does it have to be EX-shield? I think I remember doing midair shielding in blood heat (I used Nanaya), and the Last Arc didn't pull. it worked the other times though, but I'm not really sure whether it's triggered by EX-shield. :roll:
yud1
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby JimmyT64 » May 23rd, 2008, 2:36 pm

Its Ex-sheild. In fact, I've got a replay where I have to ex-sheild twice to get the damn thing to activate. I think there was some reason it didn't work, but it was so annoying at the time...
Tsukihime drinking game. 1. Every time a word or a phrase is repeated 3 or more times, take a drink (eg. This chair).
2. Every time Shiki claims not to understand something already explained, take a drink
3. Every time Shiki doesn't realize someone is hitting on him, take a drink.
4. Every time someone who should be dead, isn't, take a drink.
5. Every time Shiki does something ridiculous with points\lines.
JimmyT64
Might just like this board

Unread postby Cat Megex » May 23rd, 2008, 7:04 pm

...EX-Shield?
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby SeruraRenge » May 24th, 2008, 5:06 am

Yeah, zigzag is the Shoryuken input.

Cat Megex wrote:...EX-Shield?

I've never 100% figured it out, but I'm pretty sure it's when u tap and shield the move with perfect timing, as opposed to just holding down the shield.

on the note of pulling moves off, is there any way to easily pull off Kohaku's pretzel move? I have enough trouble with Geese's version of it (aka Raging Storm).
SeruraRenge
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby abscess » May 24th, 2008, 5:49 am

SeruraRenge wrote:Yeah, zigzag is the Shoryuken input.

Cat Megex wrote:...EX-Shield?

I've never 100% figured it out, but I'm pretty sure it's when u tap and shield the move with perfect timing, as opposed to just holding down the shield.

on the note of pulling moves off, is there any way to easily pull off Kohaku's pretzel move? I have enough trouble with Geese's version of it (aka Raging Storm).

On Ex-Shield:
It is when you time it exactly the right moment when you recieve an attack. From what I've seen it has to be a physical attack for the Last-Arc to happen. The ones that I have seen so far aren't the most powerful of the moves in the repertoire but renders useless the magic circuit of the opponent.

On Kohaku's "pretzel" move (forward -> down-forward -> down -> down-backwards -> back -> forward + C [the hardest attack button]):
Not as far as I know... It's pretty useless if you ask me, it's input is quite hard compared to the other moves and it does no extra damage or status ailment or something, at least not that I know.

Hope that helped.
abscess

Unread postby SeruraRenge » May 24th, 2008, 11:14 pm

abscess wrote:
On Kohaku's "pretzel" move (forward -> down-forward -> down -> down-backwards -> back -> forward + C [the hardest attack button]):
Not as far as I know... It's pretty useless if you ask me, it's input is quite hard compared to the other moves and it does no extra damage or status ailment or something, at least not that I know.

Hope that helped.

true. At least Raging Storm is powerful enough to make up for the ridiculous input that has to be done.
SeruraRenge
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Cat Megex » May 25th, 2008, 10:47 pm

SeruraRenge wrote:true. At least Raging Storm is powerful enough to make up for the ridiculous input that has to be done.

....???
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby SeruraRenge » May 26th, 2008, 6:01 am

Cat Megex wrote:
SeruraRenge wrote:true. At least Raging Storm is powerful enough to make up for the ridiculous input that has to be done.

....???

King of Fighters. I mentioned it cuz they both use that godawful input.
SeruraRenge
Posting more than n00bs

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat