Attacks requiring a "Z" movement

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Cat Megex » May 27th, 2008, 1:42 am

SeruraRenge wrote:
Cat Megex wrote:
SeruraRenge wrote:true. At least Raging Storm is powerful enough to make up for the ridiculous input that has to be done.

....???

King of Fighters. I mentioned it cuz they both use that godawful input.

Oh.

Also, in ReACT: Final Tuned (on default settings), at least, shielding is always an instantaneous thing (that is, you have to hit the shield/guard button at the same time as an enemy attack for it to work; holding it down does nothing).
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Seven Deadly Sins » August 24th, 2008, 7:41 am

You're talking about the Drag-On Input, for Kohaku, right? Yeah, it's hellish to input on a keyboard, so don't even try. However, it's far from a shitty move. It gives you full Blood Heat and full Superarmor for as long as said Blood Heat lasts, which means you just get carte blanche to ruin their face. Too bad Kohaku's damage output is godawful.
Seven Deadly Sins
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryanbomber » August 24th, 2008, 10:49 pm

A few clarifications:

Last Arcs are done by EX-Shielding while in Blood Heat. Most characters need to be on the ground, but some characters (Arcueid and Mech-Hisui are the only two I can think of off the top of my head but I know there's more) need to be in the air. Most, but not all, Last Arcs hit the opponent with Circuit Break, which kills their circuit and makes it so they cannot generate any for a short time. There are three moves that cause Circuit Break that are not Last Arcs, NA's 6236C, NAC's alternate Arc Drive, and one of G666's moves. Cats get all the perks.

EX-Shielding is activating the shield within a very short timeframe of the attack - probably somewhere in the timeframe of "single-digit frames" but I don't know offhand. Shielding is having the shield active after the time limit for EX-Shield. It takes longer to recover from a Shield, and keeping a Shield up eats up circuit like mad. EX-Shields cost no circuit. Back in RE-Act, there was only the "short time limit" Shield, and it was just called "Shield." They added the new name and the new version in AC.

Kohaku's pretzel move is baffling. I also thought it was an actual pretzel (1632143) or something. Who knows!
Ryanbomber
Might just like this board

Unread postby Seven Deadly Sins » August 25th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Shielding DOES have long recovery, but it can be canceled into a number of things. The most notable one is for Kouma, dashing in with an open Shield if your opponent likes to poke on dashin, because you can cancel directly from a Shield into a Grab if the Shield gets popped. Generally, it's better to EX Shield or just Block if you're not going for a grab cancel. Of course, you can also get into Shield Whiffing for combos like Ciel uses, but then that's just nuts.
Seven Deadly Sins
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryanbomber » August 26th, 2008, 2:50 am

Seven Deadly Sins wrote:Shielding DOES have long recovery, but it can be canceled into a number of things. The most notable one is for Kouma, dashing in with an open Shield if your opponent likes to poke on dashin, because you can cancel directly from a Shield into a Grab if the Shield gets popped. Generally, it's better to EX Shield or just Block if you're not going for a grab cancel. Of course, you can also get into Shield Whiffing for combos like Ciel uses, but then that's just nuts.

Now we're in over my head. I mostly know the mechanics, not how to break them.

Gotta keep Shield-to-Grab-Cancel in mind, though.
Ryanbomber
Might just like this board

Previous

Return to Melty Blood Chat