Texture Problems!@

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Texture Problems!@

Unread postby shaolinx » June 10th, 2005, 11:10 pm

I have ATI Raedon 9700 pro. I have upated the video card and everything i could think of but i still get this problem

press here if u cant view

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/alucard3131-weee.JPG

does anyone know why this is?
shaolinx
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby The_One » June 11th, 2005, 4:19 am

Hmm, the only problem I can think of off the top of my head is your Graphic Card's driver version. Try updating it, if that still doesn't work, tell us the specs of your PC and I might be offer some more help.
"If you understand the human mind not, all your understanding are for naught."
The_One
Might just like this board

Unread postby shaolinx » June 11th, 2005, 4:45 am

well i got

Amd Athlon(tm) XP 1600+, (1.40Ghz)
512 of DDR Ram (set at dual channel)
RADEON 9700 Pro

i went to the ati website and download the newest Catalyst 5.6 for Windows XP, this has the diver version 6.14.10.6546 for the ati Radeon cards. The Cpu is set at default and not overclocked. i also have the newest direct X. iam also using the newest ver 1.100.

i have tried with ver 1.000 and 1.004 but they both dont work. still had same problems
shaolinx
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby The_One » June 11th, 2005, 5:08 am

Hmm... So you updated and everything. Another question, does this happen all the time?

Perhaps there's some incompatibility with 9700 series cards... Hmm, perhaps someone more knowledgable then myself in this matter could offer some insight.
"If you understand the human mind not, all your understanding are for naught."
The_One
Might just like this board

Unread postby TheXev » June 11th, 2005, 5:18 am

Your system is very similar to mine, however, I?ve seen/had this problem before (is not good). What is your motherboard make and model? And what chipset is running on your motherboard?

I myself haven?t updated to the new Catalyst drivers yet(no need to spend the time on my modem right now, really).

As far as possible other reasons, at all cost, Melty should be run in 16-bit mode on Radeon?s. This corrects graphics issues even I?ve had with Melty Blood. The other option is to try getting a hold of Melty Blood ReACT. It has yet to cause me any problems on my Radeon 9700 Pro.

Enabling alternate pixel center in the driver panel for DirectX helps Melty. Turn it off for other games though!

As far as what I can remember for experience your particular graphics issue (and yes, I have), I believe I had to disable Fast writes in the bios, which should always be done on Radeon?s anyway. If that isn?t it.. and if you have an evil VIA chipset as I?m suspecting? well, you don?t want to know what happened to that motherboard.

My config:
Asus A7N8X
Athlon 2000+
Built by ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
512MB?s Mushkin DDR 2700
Seagate 200GB 8MB cache
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby shaolinx » June 11th, 2005, 5:38 am

i got Abit AT7 and a VIA VT8367 Apollo KT333

should i try to update both my mother board and chipset?
shaolinx
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » June 11th, 2005, 5:54 am

It?s as I feared. I?d suggest trying other games, if you run into some trippy graphic issues like I have in other games, you may be loosing your south bridge (which is responsible for the AGP port). In all honesty, when I started seeing that graphics issue in Melty Blood, it was less then a week before my motherboard died on me (yes, you should be worried). I RMA?ed my Asus A7V8X (also KT333 based), but I ended up replacing it with an A7N8X, which is based on nForce2. As far as chipsets go, nForce2 is the most stable for Athlon K7?s like ours.

I hope you can at least RMA your motherboard if worse comes to worse, the newer KT333a?s AGP seems far more stable (mine was a first generation KT333 from Oct 2003)
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby shaolinx » June 11th, 2005, 6:07 am

yeh, my motherboard has been very unstable. but other games works fine. just problems with melty blood. this motherboard is also very old :(
shaolinx
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » June 11th, 2005, 6:23 am

Generally, I avoid VIA chipsets like the plunge now. I find that nearly any stability issues on most peoples PC?s can be pointed directly to their VIA chipsets. It doesn?t matter if the users has an Intel or AMD processor, if the board has VIA on it, it will run unstable more often then SiS, nVidia, or Intel chipsets. Some people think I?m crazy, but over time, VIA chipsets will break down, do weird shit, and they?ll make their users pay for it. VIA chipsets also have the worst hardware compatibility record around, period. Give any VIA chipset two generations of new hardware ahead of it, and it will bugger up faster then you can eat a cheeseburger.

On AMD, stick with nVidia chipsets, on Intel, stick with Intel. That simple.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Melty Blood Chat