Was wondering

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Was wondering

Unread postby Senopui » May 22nd, 2005, 2:38 pm

I was wondering what is a good gamepad for Melty Blood.
Senopui
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby johnsgs » May 22nd, 2005, 7:15 pm

The traditional wisdom on this matter is that you want a good arcade joystick for best results. If you don't have a joystick, then use the keyboard. It's faster and more accurate than you might think. If your mind screams in rebellion against using the keyboard, then and only then should you use a pad.

I use some generic pad, myself. It sucks but I only play for fun so I don't have to be super good.
johnsgs
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Senopui » May 23rd, 2005, 4:11 pm

You think x-arcade would be good then?
Senopui
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby johnsgs » May 23rd, 2005, 10:07 pm

If you don't mind throwing down the money to get one, then sure. And do be careful when plugging them in/unplugging them. They can be testy about that stuff at times.
johnsgs
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby TheXev » May 31st, 2005, 4:23 am

I use my PS2 Duel Shock + a PSX=>USB converter that you can pickup at any Radio Shack. As far as controllers go, you won?t do much better. I?d say, go for an X-Arcade pad if you got the money to toss down on one, I know I would.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Arcueid » June 10th, 2005, 1:18 am

I recomend a Saitek P880 Controller it may not look like much but me and my freind find it to be our favorite controller and we find ourselves wishing we could use it on the xbox and PS2
"I guess i don't like imaginary things after all."
Arcueid
Might just like this board

Unread postby TheXev » June 10th, 2005, 6:06 am

Arcueid wrote:I recomend a Saitek P880 Controller it may not look like much but me and my freind find it to be our favorite controller and we find ourselves wishing we could use it on the xbox and PS2

Yeah, the P880 is a solid controller. The only thing that bugged me was the D-stick on it, really. While the D-pad was great, the D-stick was designed to make playing a fighting game a completely hassle. Its obvious no one thought the stick would be used for it.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Arcueid » June 13th, 2005, 4:29 pm

Yea the stick can be anoying the square thing that holds the stick(don't know what else to call it) makes it a little difficlut to use, when i tried to use it i was always going diagonal accidentally, but if you use the d-pad there should be no problems.
"I guess i don't like imaginary things after all."
Arcueid
Might just like this board

Unread postby md » June 18th, 2005, 4:04 am

I use a Logitech WingMan Rumblepad. I'm very hesitant about recommending that, I've had a lot of problems getting it to work with my motherboard's USB, and I'm not satisfied that it's the motherboard's fault. Worried it's going to melt this hub someday.
md
Crack Addic!

Return to Melty Blood Chat