Melty Blood manga

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Melty Blood manga

Unread postby DragoonKnight » March 29th, 2008, 12:33 am

For those who've read it, is it good and how's the story + action?
DragoonKnight
Might just like this board

Unread postby Stifler » March 29th, 2008, 3:55 am

I actually felt it to be inferior to the Tsukihime manga. Character art is strange, and the fighting scenes isn't all that great. Story wise, it roughly follows the "Night of the Blood Lair" route, with extra stuff thrown in, like Sion meeting Akiha.
Stifler
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atriel » March 29th, 2008, 4:14 am

Yeah... the art style is so-so. It is quite inferior to the Tsukihime manga. Don't get me wrong, it is a bit entertaining.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby DarkEyes » March 29th, 2008, 9:04 am

Yeah, a bit... Less action than Tsukihime.. The art is different (I like Tsuki art better) and the story ain't too kewl :?
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » March 29th, 2008, 11:56 am

I've got the manga in my house, but unfortunately I can't read Japanese =(.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby kensain » September 21st, 2008, 1:42 pm

Woe is ye, I feel your pain.

But it's not THAT bad. I mean, if you don't look at it as a piece of the nasuverse francise, it's actually fairly good.
In terms of character design and such :wink:

Seriously though. You guys seen the F/Sn manga?
I'd describe the horror, only I'm not too sure about this boards rules on swearing.
The one who desires only perfection. Repeat.
The one who sees only flaws. Repeat.
The one who is unable to see alternative. Repeat.
The one who sees the unattainable perfection. Repeat.
The one who is blind. Relinquish.
kensain
Addict

Unread postby AvatarofRage » September 22nd, 2008, 8:04 am

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall the manga mentioning that Shiki killed Satsuki in an alley (and then Tatari/Satsuki appears), however that never happens in any of the tsukihime routes, as Satsuki is always killed in the park...

Could this be seen as insight onto the fabled Satsuki route, or just a dumb mistake?
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » September 22nd, 2008, 8:24 am

AvatarofRage wrote:I may be wrong, but I seem to recall the manga mentioning that Shiki killed Satsuki in an alley (and then Tatari/Satsuki appears), however that never happens in any of the tsukihime routes, as Satsuki is always killed in the park...

Could this be seen as insight onto the fabled Satsuki route, or just a dumb mistake?

Aaahhh.... I think she is actually killed in the alley in the Far Side Routes, but I could be wrong... my memory isn't very good and I read it around... 6 months ago...? Anyway... I don't think there is anything canonical in it, later on Nrvnqsr fights with Ciel and that never happens in Melty, nor the battle with Satsuki and Shiki in Nanaya mode (too bad, I liked that fight in the manga!). I think it was said that Melty happened after Sachin's normal ending, which would mean that, in that ending, Shiki ends with Arc, Ciel stays interested in Shiki and Sacchin is... well... still sad... but alive at least! :P
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby kensain » September 22nd, 2008, 9:27 am

Satsuki's place (and manner) of death change quite significantly.
pretty sure it depends on
a) how you act to her (how hard you look for her, and your answer to her question)
and b) whose arc you're in.

If you absolutely flirt with her, than she actually regains her senses after bashing you around a bit, and stops attacking. Shiki promptly offers his blood for a variety of reasons.
Literally as she bites you, you change your mind (for akiha's sake, in her arc) and stab her. She proceeds to die in your arms, shakespeare style.
As it's more dramatic, it's generally the more used. In akiha's arc, shiki feels guilty about it for nearly the whole thing.

If you aren't that attactched to either of them, than Nanaya baisically murders her on the spot and doesn't give a shit.
kensain
Addict

Unread postby abscess » September 22nd, 2008, 8:38 pm

kensain wrote:Satsuki's place (and manner) of death change quite significantly.
pretty sure it depends on
a) how you act to her (how hard you look for her, and your answer to her question)
and b) whose arc you're in.

If you absolutely flirt with her, than she actually regains her senses after bashing you around a bit, and stops attacking. Shiki promptly offers his blood for a variety of reasons.
Literally as she bites you, you change your mind (for akiha's sake, in her arc) and stab her. She proceeds to die in your arms, shakespeare style.
As it's more dramatic, it's generally the more used. In akiha's arc, shiki feels guilty about it for nearly the whole thing.

If you aren't that attactched to either of them, than Nanaya baisically murders her on the spot and doesn't give a shit.

???.... Really?... I've never seen that scene! apparently I always showed some interest in Sacchin.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby kensain » September 24th, 2008, 9:29 am

It's a lot worse(and short). To the point of boring. I suppose it's to emphasise that it was accidental, and to make sure Shiki didn't agonise over it for most of the twin's arcs.

Try picking one of the twins, not searching for her as much as you can (without dying, she goes to find you if you don't see the "bloody hands" scene), and then saying "I hate you" when she confesses.

I also seem to recall that one time, she killed me when I picked the "Dunno, lol" choice.
On the subject of weird endings, just how ~DO~ you get geka geka animal land ?
kensain
Addict

Unread postby Rikh » September 24th, 2008, 9:24 pm

kensain wrote:It's a lot worse(and short). To the point of boring. I suppose it's to emphasise that it was accidental, and to make sure Shiki didn't agonise over it for most of the twin's arcs.

Try picking one of the twins, not searching for her as much as you can (without dying, she goes to find you if you don't see the "bloody hands" scene), and then saying "I hate you" when she confesses.

I also seem to recall that one time, she killed me when I picked the "Dunno, lol" choice.
On the subject of weird endings, just how ~DO~ you get geka geka animal land ?

if only tsukihime had a tiger dojo...
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Cat Megex » September 26th, 2008, 2:20 am

Rikh wrote:if only tsukihime had a tiger dojo...

Well...it does have "teach me, Ciel-sensei".
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rikh » September 26th, 2008, 2:29 am

Cat Megex wrote:

but it has no loli's!!! :(
Also no moe taiga..

All its got is neko-arc and ciel :(
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » September 26th, 2008, 6:59 am

Rikh wrote:
Cat Megex wrote:

but it has no loli's!!! :(
Also no moe taiga..

All its got is neko-arc and ciel :(

but maybe in the remake they will do a better Teach me Ciel-sensei...
I mean...Tsuki deserves it and the fans too.
If they only want me to buy because of the Saccin's route they can go and "saccin"* themselves in hell!!
Anyway...if I think about this...I should make a new topic...

*: censorship.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » September 26th, 2008, 7:06 am

I'll buy the remake BECAUSE of Sacchin's route AND for the sake of COMPLETING the story...and not for a better Teach me Ciel-sensei EXCEPT if going for all dead-ends and taking all of Ciel-sensei's "lessons" unlocks some more extra stories or extra features.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby kensain » September 26th, 2008, 8:19 am

nanaya_shinya wrote:I'll buy the remake BECAUSE of Sacchin's route AND for the sake of COMPLETING the story...and not for a better Teach me Ciel-sensei EXCEPT if going for all dead-ends and taking all of Ciel-sensei's "lessons" unlocks some more extra stories or extra features.

Looking at the difference between "old tsukhime" (am I the first to call it that?) and fate, I'd be very not-surprised if they did.
And I do hope that "vampire exterminating howitzer" makes an appearance. Quite badly.

Also, looking forward to cell shaded backrounds. And a remix of "under the moon".

Perhaps yet another "emiya" remix to keep the running joke?
kensain
Addict

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » September 26th, 2008, 8:23 am

Yeah, I mean... who knew that the Tohno family keeps a cannon in their mansion?! Ok, Ciel has a pile bunker but...a cannon as an anti-vampire weapon? It's not like they'll just stand still. Maybe the Dead would just zombie-walk in a straight line and BOOM! MULTI-KILL!!!
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby kensain » October 1st, 2008, 6:31 am

Nah, it's anime.
So naturally, if they shoot it dead straight into the air, the wind will carry it onto the vampire's heads. After all, it works for archer in unlimited codes.
Or maybe it's like caladolg, and has such a massive explosion it doesn't have to "hit" in the strict sense of the word.

Or perhaps Akiha's hair keeps them in place while it's wheeled into place by the twins? :wink: (that is quite an epic image)

PS: Derailing is more fun than I thought.
kensain
Addict

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 1st, 2008, 6:37 am

I can imagine it now...

Hisui: Akiha-sama, we're ready to fire.
Kohaku: Coordinates set, are you ready Hisui-chan? se~no~
Akiha: FIRE!

BOOM!
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat