melty blood and react

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

melty blood and react

Unread postby cloud1989 » March 28th, 2008, 4:07 am

so from what I hear they both have the same story line and re act is a expansion and not a new game, why do they install as two seperate games then, I installed melty blood with the patch and then installed melty blood react with the patch and FT update, and they installed as two seperate games, did I do something wrong or is it suppose to end up like that. Here is what I did, I inserted the melty blood cd and patched it as normal, then for react I ran the "setup file" first, got a bunch of gibberest as it loaded something then disappeared, so I just put in the cd again and with out installing anything, ran the patch and directed it to the cd and installed it, it did a separate installation, was that setup file gibberish loading the melty blood RA content to the melty blood folder and then I was suppose to patch the folder, it seems odd that something that is suppose to be an expansion would install as a separate game.
cloud1989
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby -[J1N]- » March 28th, 2008, 12:29 pm

MB is the original game.

MB Re-Act is a separate game, which is like an expansion to MB. MB Re-Act Final Tuned is the patch version, which patches your MB Re-Act, not MB. In other words, MB and MB Re-Act are separate.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ciel » March 28th, 2008, 12:47 pm

But you still can't play re-act without mb installed, so it's not totally separate. Re-act uses a lot of resources from original mb.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby cloud1989 » March 28th, 2008, 5:40 pm

ok, from what I read I always pictured this to be an expansion, but my idea of an expansion is installing a disc that adds to the original game, like world of warcraft, so I got kind of confused, so since it uses resources from the original MB, I guess I can't uninstall and leave just react on there, what really through me off was looking through the forum and noticing a topic that inclined you only need one disc and all the patches, I still don't know what to make of that.
cloud1989
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryuusoul » March 28th, 2008, 7:40 pm

cloud1989 wrote:ok, from what I read I always pictured this to be an expansion, but my idea of an expansion is installing a disc that adds to the original game, like world of warcraft, so I got kind of confused, so since it uses resources from the original MB, I guess I can't uninstall and leave just react on there, what really through me off was looking through the forum and noticing a topic that inclined you only need one disc and all the patches, I still don't know what to make of that.

You probably just misread something.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Return to Melty Blood Chat