Newbie getting Up-To-Date from the beginning.

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Newbie getting Up-To-Date from the beginning.

Unread postby Orochi Iori » February 25th, 2005, 12:26 am

Heya im new and its my first post basically i just got Melty Blood and ReACT, played it and luved it.
Im killing myself trying to find out how to play as secret characters but i need to get the basics out of the way>>>

I have found lotsa of dead links and pages to updates and files but i want everything in tip top order. My version is unpatched and i dunno what the number is (installed and untouched by updates, clean new).
I need to know or get:

1) VeryLatest Working Update for Melty Blood ReACT
2) Character Unlocker (that matches with the update above)

3) What is this Tsukihime character/level/thing and is there a working file link that works to get this? If you can only buy this, is there a website i can get it from available? (not including ebay)
-
Im mainly desperate to play as Aozaki Aoko to just watch in awe at that kickbutt BloodHeat final attack with the beams compleately anailating my framerate (sucky comp but just about stable). But i do wanna get to select and go everyone available in the game (unless its one thats gunna crash the engine it doesnt matter)

Many thx for replys!

-Kenichi Osarupin

[EDIT] Dont include english translators plz ^_- *kisses you*
I dont know why i kill...but i like it, it even tastes good.
Orochi Iori
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » February 26th, 2005, 6:22 am

Okay, you want some info, so here it is (I might even sticky this thread as this is a really good question).

1) Right now, you can always find the newest Japanese patch for Melty Blood here. Right now the newest patch is mbr1119a, or 2.009a after you update.

2) As for the character unlocker, I am unsure if tjm updated it to work with 2.009a, but I?ll ask him in IRC and let you know.

3) As for Tsukihime, if you are unsure what Tsukihime is, or are looking to buy it, the best place to start is EvoSpace?s website. Currently, Tsukihime and the complete set of Tsukihime games (excluding Melty and ReACT) Tsukibako are no longer available. Your best bet is searching on an online action site like Yahoo Japan, or using a service that will search for Tsukibako for you. Typically is as been running for around $150 to $200 USD in Japan, so it is not a cheap investment.

As for actually playing as Aozaki Aoko, she is still rather buggy, but hopefully a latter official patch will unlock her, and make her playable without bugs.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Ciel » February 26th, 2005, 6:44 am

http://onionimu.hp.infoseek.co.jp/usr/r ... 01/01.html

Diffrent than tjm's since it's a patch, that puts the characters on select screen instead of allowing to select them through palette select.

[size=0]Also the site has the 'Kanna patch' for EFZ bad moon ed. 3.10 if anyone's interested.[/size]

Edit: Some things fixed.
Last edited by Ciel on February 27th, 2005, 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Why buy for $200?

Unread postby l46kok » February 26th, 2005, 12:07 pm

Why buy for $200 when you can download it??

I'll send you the files on MSN messenger, if you so desire it.
l46kok
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » February 26th, 2005, 1:20 pm

You are soooooooo asking to have you butt kicked... Thank you very much for messing up a thread that even was about to get stickied because of the useful content.

Unread postby Ryuusoul » February 27th, 2005, 5:23 am

Answer to l46kok's question: Because piracy is illegal and wrong.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Orochi Iori » February 27th, 2005, 10:06 pm

*tuts dissapointingly at l46kok*

Hey thanks for the links guys i got it all smoothly now. Yeah it has been expensive but i luv the game so much, the combo-ing (that the correct english word?) system is far greater and complex than the street fighter games i play. I got the character unlocker working.

I went through these unlockers ranging from installation 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2005. Must have been an old copy i bought but hey i got everything working fine when using the 2000 unlocker.

I cant sit or use more than 2 moves that arent specials with Aoko but i never wanted to exploit her too much anyways, i like the moves she has anyway :o

That Godly giant character is awesome to go against but when i try to select it as player 1 the game closes.

Im into it sooo much now that iv started to look for the anime series iv now heard about, looks coel!... Peopl who download the game must really suck in life, the day a cop investigates them for software without official CD's and keys they become: in $000000's worth of fines in copyright illegalities (that the right english word?).

Wuv yall! Might stick around too :P

[EDIT] and downloading the files from you over msn l46kok? i think you should learn the hard way instead of me attempting to stop you downloading, the big *At your own risk* comes to mind, but i deny the file i have already bought it with a unbeliebable big smile. :)
Orochi Iori
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » February 28th, 2005, 5:57 am

Orochi Iori wrote:That Godly giant character is awesome to go against but when i try to select it as player 1 the game closes.
Was fixed in 2.009a, you can now play as her normally.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Orochi Iori » February 28th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Now working :o WOO! I luv you!!!
Orochi Iori
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby The_One » June 12th, 2005, 9:57 am

Orochi Iori wrote:Now working :o WOO! I luv you!!!
Ugh... I envy you people who seem to be able to get anything working :cry:.
"If you understand the human mind not, all your understanding are for naught."
The_One
Might just like this board

Re: Why buy for $200?

Unread postby Soulfang » June 12th, 2005, 2:02 pm

l46kok wrote:Why buy for $200 when you can download it??

I'll send you the files on MSN messenger, if you so desire it.

I'd ban you, but I'm tired. You better not post something like that again.
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Unread postby Message » June 12th, 2005, 3:25 pm

The_One wrote:Ugh... I envy you people who seem to be able to get anything working :cry:.

I just saw two warning lights turning on. Thread necromancy & off-topic. :roll:

Unread postby Ninja9kun » June 25th, 2005, 2:37 am

How do you patch the file
Ninja9kun
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » June 25th, 2005, 7:55 am

Please remove your signature.

Unread postby Ciel » June 25th, 2005, 9:26 am

Ninja9kun wrote:I really want to know how to patch it. Whenever I try it gives me some error about mbr.exe
Perhaps your version is too old. It requires 2.0.0.9a to work. You must put the patch files in the same folder as re-act.

Also what's up with 3 posts in a row within 20 minutes? This is not a chat room, and you have the edit button if you forgot to add something.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ninja9kun » June 25th, 2005, 6:24 pm

Message wrote:Please remove your signature.

Why?

Ciel wrote:
Ninja9kun wrote:I really want to know how to patch it. Whenever I try it gives me some error about mbr.exe
Perhaps your version is too old. It requires 2.0.0.9a to work. You must put the patch files in the same folder as re-act.

Also what's up with 3 posts in a row within 20 minutes? This is not a chat room, and you have the edit button if you forgot to add something.

Leave me alone. I'm just 13. I'm not used to message boards.

Please forgive me for all the things i have done and said. Could anyone tell me how to do some of aoko's special moves.
Ninja9kun
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Soulfang » June 25th, 2005, 8:12 pm

Age isn't an excuse, I was using message boards when I was younger than you are...

Incase you don't know, things like posting more than once in a row (especially within a 20 minute period) and signatures the size of wallpapers are generally frowned upon on message boards. Like Ciel said, this isn't a chat room; it takes time for people to respond to your posts, especially since this isn't the biggest forum in the universe.
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Unread postby Dectilon » July 20th, 2005, 4:09 pm

$000000's worth of fines

Oh noes! I could never come up with a $000000-bill. I'm so doomed :(

:D

Luckily, I got it "the nice and honest way" :)

Add online play next!
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

God 700!!!

Unread postby Azkagoth » January 2nd, 2006, 7:37 pm

In my country money 200,00 dollars would cost 700,00 of my money!Holy Lord!!!For all thta is sacred I think its....how to say....7 games like Fable,Age of empires3, Warcraft Battle set (I started playng w3 4 years ago) , Age of Mythology gold, Armies of Exigo, Fall of Rome and Dungeon sige2.
Any way where to get the game the oack or the single doesn't matter.
Azkagoth
Totally hardly posted

Return to Melty Blood Chat