How to Patch MB and MB Re-Act -- Using MB Re-Act Final Tuned

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

How to Patch MB and MB Re-Act -- Using MB Re-Act Final Tuned

Unread postby th3sh4k4 » March 4th, 2008, 2:31 am

As all of you know, to apply the patches, you'll need the separated versions MB and Re-Act but...

I have the Compilation (which installs both games) called MB Re-Act Final Tuned, so i can't apply the patches, because at some point, the patch asks me to insert the "CD" with the respective game (in wapanese) but, i don't have a Cd, because my Final Tuned was released in DVD.

There's some special procedure to Patch (Both files) using the Final Tuned DVD?

PD: I'm working on my English, but i hope that the request was clear
th3sh4k4
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kura » March 4th, 2008, 3:04 am

It came on a DVD because you downloaded the pirated copy off bittorrent.
Kura
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby marus » March 4th, 2008, 4:00 am

Yeah, because the only way to get pirated goods is through bittorrent.

At any rate, Melty Blood and Melty Blood ReACT were only officially released separately on CDs. There was never a DVD release. If you want to use the English patches you'll need to get those CDs. Also note that the Final Tuned patch wasn't released as a package together with any of the games.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Re: How to Patch MB and MB Re-Act -- Using MB Re-Act Final T

Unread postby Message » March 4th, 2008, 8:59 am

th3sh4k4 wrote:I have the Compilation (which installs both games) called MB Re-Act Final Tuned

This is a known bootleg (illegal copy), and the translation will not work with it. You will have to buy legal copies of Melty Blood and Melty Blood ReACT if you want to use our translations.

kk

Unread postby th3sh4k4 » March 5th, 2008, 2:35 am

Got it... E-bay, here i come T-T
th3sh4k4
Totally hardly posted

Re: kk

Unread postby -[J1N]- » March 5th, 2008, 3:25 am

th3sh4k4 wrote:Got it... E-bay, here i come T-T

Just for an extra tip, the eBay Melty Blood that comes with the patch is an obvious bootleg, please try and find the original. All major game sites will sell MB Act Cadenza Ver. B.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » March 5th, 2008, 8:19 am

Indeed. Be VERY careful with buying Melty Blood off eBay. There is a certain asshole who is selling copies "together with the English translation patch". These are bootlegs. Please don't buy his shit. Your best bet is actually Yahoo Japan Auctions, through an auctioning agent such as Akibado.

Re: How to Patch MB and MB Re-Act -- Using MB Re-Act Final T

Unread postby Superflonic » March 5th, 2008, 3:52 pm

th3sh4k4 wrote:I have the Compilation (which installs both games) called MB Re-Act Final Tuned

I now feel your pain, I hope you didn't pay too much?
I had the same thing, it's just so annoying.

Anyway, I yet have to find Re-Act, but I already got the original MB :)
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby th3sh4k4 » March 6th, 2008, 4:21 am

I see, so e-bay might be a risk
Japan Auctions...

The reason that i downloaded the Bootleg version is because i live in Colombia, and in this region, the incoming tax for products in most cases is higher than the product itself (For example: MB+MB Re-Act $20.00 + Shipping $45.99 WTF!!!1)...

Damm you TLC
th3sh4k4
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » March 6th, 2008, 7:13 am

I'm sorry, but downloading is a no-no. Please buy the games if you want to use our translations.

Unread postby Superflonic » March 6th, 2008, 7:13 am

th3sh4k4 wrote:I see, so e-bay might be a risk
Japan Auctions...

The reason that i downloaded the Bootleg version is because i live in Colombia, and in this region, the incoming tax for products in most cases is higher than the product itself (For example: MB+MB Re-Act $20.00 + Shipping $45.99 WTF!!!1)...

Damm you TLC

Well, I hope you know that this forum does not support illegal downloading/torrenting, and wants us all to purchase legal versions of the game.
Of course, shipping may be expensive, but it is worth every penny/dollar/euro/yen, whatever.

-Edit
Message wrote:I'm sorry, but downloading is a no-no. Please buy the games if you want to use our translations.

DAMN YOU MESSAGE, DAMN YOU TO HECK.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Raw » March 13th, 2008, 1:05 am

You should all learn to buy in advance. 4 years ago, Tsukihime wasn't as WTFingly rare, as well as MB wasn't as rare 3 years ago.

BUY IN ADVANCE, learn your lessons.

PS: I know your pain, I live in Mexico, and while it isn't that expensive (the shipping & tax i mean), it's still a bother. Also, my friends and I all bought copies together, so we could share the shipping.

PS 2: And remember, once you got your own copy of the game, lock it under key or put in a safe or make a hole in wall and hide it there, you won't want to lose it or even share it with your friends. IT'S GOLD my friend, GOLD!
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Return to Melty Blood Chat