Arcade stick...

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Arcade stick...

Unread postby unluckyvampire » February 23rd, 2008, 2:18 am

Anyone know of a decent arcade stick for ps2 or pc? I recently found out that the arcade nearby has melty blood and I wanna practice at home first.
Right now I'm thinking about http://www.xgaming.com/solo.shtml?__utm ... sr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=31650494
But if i can, i wanna try to save some bucks.
unluckyvampire
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby gokieks » February 23rd, 2008, 7:04 am

Get a good PlayStation - USB adapter and use any of the arcade sticks available for PS2. PS3/X360 arcade sticks might work on PC just with USB, though I haven't tried any.
gokieks
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby puKKa » February 23rd, 2008, 9:12 am

That one looks crap. I got a VSHG and I'm happy with it. If you want a stick for PS2, but a HRAP2 even if they are harder to come by. Or you could just get a custom made one.
puKKa
I kick on girls trying to kill me

Unread postby mir » February 24th, 2008, 9:16 pm

HRAP3 + sanwa buttons + 8-way gate = pretty good. I was considering a custom one, but most of the stick makers use crappy parts (ps1 pad pcbs are meh) and also make them too small. I like the size of the hrap as it makes the stick much more stable.

Of course you can go the other way and make your own stick. It's a lot of fun and quite satisfying once the job is done. With the right pcb and layout you won't feel differences between yours and factory-made sticks.
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby marus » February 24th, 2008, 10:38 pm

Those X-Arcade sticks are known to have problems with a lot of converters, and in general the parts are considered crappy. You can search on the Shoryuken forums and find a lot of complaints about them (as well as a load of info on other sticks if you feel like doing some research).

If your arcade isn't too far away I'd just recommend you just play there for a while until you can save up to get a nice joystick. You'll learn a lot more playing with other people, plus if you can find out what kind of sticks they use in their cabinets it'll give you something to compare with when you decide to pick out a joystick for yourself (unless you already know what kind of sticks you like).
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby unluckyvampire » February 25th, 2008, 1:02 am

:O thanks for all the advices
unluckyvampire
Totally hardly posted

Return to Melty Blood Chat