Using numpad on PC to play?

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Using numpad on PC to play?

Unread postby Question » January 21st, 2008, 6:38 pm

Ive heard of people using the numpad to play, but the question is, how? Its disabled by default, and the key configuration program doesnt pick up on the diagonal directional keys on the numpad, so in essence its not any different from using the arrow keys. Trying to pull off a arc drive with the 4 arrow keys is next to impossible.
Question
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Mazyrian » January 21st, 2008, 8:10 pm

I don't have much trouble pulling an Arc Drive with the arrow keys (actually, I find it easier than with a joystick). Just back, down, forward; I think the trick is not to press more than one key at once (back, then down, then forward)
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 22nd, 2008, 12:47 am

I find it easier to hold forward first, then swipe back and do a semi-circle.

I can't seem to do it as a semi-circle straight away
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby noradseven » March 5th, 2008, 10:51 pm

thats weird I play keyboard no problems, on the half circle the bigest prob is making sure you accually inputed down just go to practice mode turn on input display and get your timeing for each direction 2 frames or lower, arc drives are really char dependent for many chars they are just plain useless.
-please make sacchin happy, make a sacchin arc.
noradseven
Might just like this board

Return to Melty Blood Chat