MB MIDI files?

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

MB MIDI files?

Unread postby Superflonic » January 2nd, 2008, 10:48 am

So, a friend of mine came by and played my copy of MB a bit.

She likes the music very much, and was wondering if there are MIDI files of the game music out on the net.
(She plays the piano, and wanted to find MIDI files so she can use one of her programs to import them and print them as piano tablature)

I googled and translated a lot of pages, but I wasn't able to find something useful.

She really liked The end of 1000 years and the opening song.

Also, is it illegal for someone who owns MB to download the songs?
There is a file with all the in-game music on the net, so I wanted to be sure before I downloaded it :)
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Re: MB MIDI files?

Unread postby Message » January 2nd, 2008, 12:09 pm

Superflonic wrote:Also, is it illegal for someone who owns MB to download the songs? There is a file with all the in-game music on the net, so I wanted to be sure before I downloaded it :)

This depends on the country, but in the Netherlands it is legal.

I've never come across MB music in midi format... But perhaps someone can write out her favourite song(s) manually?

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 3rd, 2008, 12:04 am

Message wrote:I've never come across MB music in midi format... But perhaps someone can write out her favourite song(s) manually?

Men can't write their own songs manually? =P

Is it still illegal to download software if you own it yourself? I know the laws change in different countries, but things such as emulators are legal to use as long as you have the actual console and games (at least the actual emulator is).
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ciel » January 3rd, 2008, 1:02 am

Dunno, from what i hear the use of emulators themselves is totally legal since they're completely different from the console they emulate. However you have to own the console to get the bios for use with it, and downloading the bios is about as illegal as downloading the games themselves.

http://www.geocities.jp/gs_hasimo/midiroom.html
http://www.pico-score.com/kinen/noble_mind.htm

Here are some MB midis btw.

Also
Also, is it illegal for someone who owns MB to download the songs?

If you already own it you can download the susie plugins and extract the music from the game itself, or even better, put the game on practice mode and record it with some sound recording software. Just remember to disable the sound effects first in the options. :P

Can't really say where the plugins are since I don't know, but I seem to remember they were once on either revolve or mirrormoon, though there's nothing there anymore and several pages lead to access denied error.

So I guess goggle them. axmbp.spi and ifex3.spi are their filenames if I remember correctly. Won't work on act cadenza though, and several tracks got shortened a bit in it too.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Superflonic » January 3rd, 2008, 9:42 am

Hmm, maybe it would be useful to give links of the sites I came across (:
Just a sec.

http://game-melody.com/cgi-files/csyste ... pc-pc.html

And

http://www.geocities.jp/psquare_midi/midi.html

where a few sites I translated.
But I really didn't get any wiser out of it.

So, you know, maybe you could help me a bit? :]

-Edit
About the sound files, I noticed a .torrent file called Melty Blood OST, which included pretty much all the MB songs, not ReAct, just plain MB :)
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » January 4th, 2008, 8:26 pm

Actually, just in case you don't know, MIDI files are created the thorough your sister's program, but only in reverse. So it is most likely that somebody played by ear, and wrote it and convert the score into a MIDI file. MIDI files are not wave files, as most games use. If you want to find a MIDI file (an arrangement, to be exact), it would have nothing to do with having the original wave file in game.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » January 4th, 2008, 8:38 pm

Einherjar wrote:Actually, just in case you don't know, MIDI files are created the thorough your sister's program,but only in reverse. So it is most likely that somebody played by ear, and wrote it and convert the score into a MIDI file. MIDI files are not wave files, as most games use. If you want to find a MIDI file (an arrangement, to be exact), it would have nothing to do with having the original wave file in game.

Maybe you got me wrong, maybe I didn't explain myself right.
What I meant was, someone indeed created the arrangement through ear and saved it as a .MIDI.
Now if I were able to download that MIDI file, she would be able to open it and print the chords.

There's a handy freeware program called Finale Notepad for that, in which you can create your own arrangements and open other MIDI files.

So my question is still there, are there MIDI arrangements from songs in Melty Blood, preferably the ones I stated in the first post?
The links provided were good, but the first link wasn't downloadable, and the second link had some trouble loading ):
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » January 4th, 2008, 9:24 pm

Oh, my apologies for misunderstanding you.

Anyways, this is all I can find for now: http://game-melody.com/cgi-files/csyste ... pc-pc.html

Apparently, I think you need a Japanese cellphone for this. O_o
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Iason » January 19th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Hmm, I'm actually working on transcribing some stuff from the MB soundtrack myself, and this piece is definitely one of the easier ones to do. I may post a rough version here when I get to this piece.
Iason
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Superflonic » January 19th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Iason wrote:Hmm, I'm actually working on transcribing some stuff from the MB soundtrack myself, and this piece is definitely one of the easier ones to do. I may post a rough version here when I get to this piece.

That would be great :D
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Return to Melty Blood Chat