Problems uninstalling and reinstalling MB and ReAct

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Problems uninstalling and reinstalling MB and ReAct

Unread postby jm » September 25th, 2004, 2:23 pm

I don't know if I'm posting in the right forum but I think this is the best place to ask this question...

I was able to install MB and ReACT without any problems. However whenever I play longer than 30 mins in ReACT an error message appears and it closes the game. I thought the best way to solve this problem was to uninstall BOTH MB and ReACT and reinstall those two again. I uninstalled ReACT first but there were some left over files which I thought was normal. Then I uninstalled MB but an error message shows up.

I got so frustrated that I installed MB again thinking that it might overwrite the old files. But I forgot that I renamed MB. And now I have two MB game files. I can't uninstall both files as well. I tried to use Applocale to uninstall it but it doesn't work as well.

Whenever I try reinstalling ReACT an error message pops up even if I use Applocale.

I'm in desperate need of help and any assistance is greatly appreciated.
jm
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AstCd2 » September 25th, 2004, 4:25 pm

What you may want to try is deleting everything related to MB off your computer. Then, copy the files MB needs to run into a folder, and tell ReAct to install into that folder. That usually does the trick for me.

Note also that ReAct is a very unstable game by nature, but you can reduce the crash frequency by doing the following:

1. Changing your regional settings to Japanese in control panel. Seriously, this isn't as bad as it sounds, and your Japanese programs will have less issues.

2. Getting the latest patch (2.007) from Watanabe Seisakujou's site:
http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~k_wata/mbr0916.exe

3. Playing the game in full screen. For some reason, it seems to crash less that way for me.
AstCd2
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby jm » September 26th, 2004, 12:18 am

Thanks AstCd2. I'll try your solution tomorrow morning. Hopefully it works.
jm
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby jm » September 26th, 2004, 9:42 am

I tried what you wrote AstCd2. Everything seems to be going really well...

This is really weird. Everytime the installation window for ReACT pops up it closes. That's the only problem now.
jm
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby jm » October 1st, 2004, 12:47 am

Finally got ReACT working.

I had to make changes on the _Path.dat file for ReACT to recognize that MB is already installed.

If some people are having instalation problems or if ReACT won't run, I suggest you try this

1. Melty Blood should be installed already.
2. ReACT should be installed next. If an error box in japanese pops up that means you need to make changes on the _Path.dat file.
3. Use Notepad and browse through you're ReACT folder find the file named "_Path.dat" file.
4. In the "_Path.dat" file you'll see a directory listed. Some thing like "C:\Program Files\?????\MeltyBlood\".
5. Change the directory to where you installed Melty Blood. For example, I installed mine in "C:\Program Files\MB\MeltyBlood\"
6. Save the changes in Unicode.

Sorry if this has been posted before and pardon my english. English is not my first language.
jm
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Soulfang » October 1st, 2004, 2:22 am

jm wrote:Sorry if this has been posted before and pardon my english. English is not my first language.

Your English is great! I wouldn't have known...
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Return to Melty Blood Chat