Last Arc Drives

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Last Arc Drives

Unread postby ThrobbingGristle » November 13th, 2007, 1:06 am

Hello.

Can anyone tell me if there's a reason why my Last Arcs rarely activate? I went through the trouble of timing shields correctly just to learn them in real battles. They always work on the first shield during training mode. However, when I play against my friends on netplay, I always go into Blood Heat mode as Nanaya, shield (while standing) several times (I even shielded Ciel's whole special where she throws Black Keys over and over), and the Last Arc NEVER activates.

What am I doing wrong? It's really frustrating that I just need to shield ONE TIME in training mode to activate Last Arc but in VS mode I shield like 5 times and it never works. Any help will be appreciated
ThrobbingGristle
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby mir » November 13th, 2007, 9:10 am

Extended shield maybe? You need to ex shield hit while on the ground (or air depending on character). If you're extended shielding a move the last arc won't trigger.

And to be honest, the last arcs aren't all that useful, though they're a nice flashy finish every now and then.
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby JimmyT64 » November 13th, 2007, 12:15 pm

The second Arc Drives (Arc drive in blood heat) are usually more powerful and use the same amount of heat meter (all of it) while the first arc drive does similar damage with less hassle and heat used.

In conclusion - I really wish I could pull off Last Arcs in a real battle, if only to show off.
Tsukihime drinking game. 1. Every time a word or a phrase is repeated 3 or more times, take a drink (eg. This chair).
2. Every time Shiki claims not to understand something already explained, take a drink
3. Every time Shiki doesn't realize someone is hitting on him, take a drink.
4. Every time someone who should be dead, isn't, take a drink.
5. Every time Shiki does something ridiculous with points\lines.
JimmyT64
Might just like this board

Unread postby Einherjar » November 13th, 2007, 9:41 pm

You're thinking of Another Arc drive. Last arc is when you ex-shield, for example with Nanaya, He'll unleash Kyokushi: Nanaya (throws his knife and pulls it out behind the opponent.).

Anyways, try pressing parry only ONCE and see what happens, as special will be canceled if you shield again.
Last edited by Einherjar on December 8th, 2007, 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Re: Last Arc Drives

Unread postby okuhoshi » November 14th, 2007, 2:45 am

last arc just eyescandy things

if u like to watch them, just download this video

http://arcanaheart.sakura.ne.jp/0726mb_last.lzh
「ま、オレとしちゃあ厄介事が増えるのは喜ばしいかぎりだが。」
okuhoshi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby -[J1N]- » November 20th, 2007, 5:30 am

I find it very possible to release the Last Arcs, but it only seems to be worth doing for human players rather than a CPU. The way in which I use it is when you get your 300% heat bar up, blood heat urself, and then (assuming you are using one of the chars which have a ground Last Arc) pretend you're trying to use the Arc-Drive. then press the counter button instead. It basically relies on your skill in deception, and deception's quite a useful skill in any fighter game.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby marus » November 20th, 2007, 9:23 pm

How often does that work? Not trying to bash you, but if I knew (or thought I knew) that my opponent was gonna use their Arc Drive, I wouldn't try and attack them, since most Arc Drives have invincibility startup or super armor, and will beat any other attack. I'd just block or evade then try to put myself in a good position from there, except that if you just shield instead, you'll be left open to a grab/mixup/whatever I decide to do (generally, depends on the situation, but in most cases you'll be at a disadvantage).
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby mir » November 21st, 2007, 4:25 am

well, I guess you can always ram yourself into an Aoko bomb if you really wanted it. The drives work once in a blue moon if the other person makes a mistake. I wouldn't bet on it, though the output for some of the charas is pretty nice (*cough* vsion *cough*). In most cases, however, going for a mixup and combo will net you more damage and allow to keep pressure.
mir
Crack Addic!

Re: Last Arc Drives

Unread postby okuhoshi » November 21st, 2007, 4:54 am

actually, BH with LA is making another player not to attack so fiercely and u can return yr blood somehow more savely
「ま、オレとしちゃあ厄介事が増えるのは喜ばしいかぎりだが。」
okuhoshi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby -[J1N]- » November 21st, 2007, 6:20 am

Yes, exactly. The problem with just keeping back while they blood heat is that they will regenerate health at an insane rate if you leave them alone. A good counter against this would be to simply wait for your BH to come up and do the same thing, but everyone's way of playing is different. Some will just attack normally even if a player BH, or some will hide. Either way, leaving or attacking is dangerous. About the shield thing, like i said, it's all about deception and anticipation. You gotta know ur opponent if you want to LA, otherwise the risk is too high.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby serious8 » December 7th, 2007, 11:20 pm

Wow
you are experts.
so would you please tell me, what must I actually do to perform a Last arc drive?
I have just seen it in youtube.
I havetried everithing
Democracy = 50+1 .: If you are the one you are the democracy
serious8

Unread postby Einherjar » December 8th, 2007, 2:13 am

You're thinking of Another Arc drive. Last arc is when you ex-shield, for example with Nanaya, He'll unleash Kyokushi: Nanaya (throws his knife and pulls it out behind the opponent.).

Anyways, try pressing parry only ONCE and see what happens, as special will be canceled if you shield again.

Quote the instruction I posted earlier... -_-
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby marus » December 8th, 2007, 6:46 am

Also note:

Arc Drive = special move activated by half-circle forward + C during heat or blood heat
Last Arc = special move activated by EX Shield during blood heat

Proper terminology is the path to salvation! At the very least, don't combine both terms into one, then it's just confusing for everybody.
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby serious8 » December 8th, 2007, 9:07 pm

Wow thanks!!
Ehmmm
and which button should I press in order to do the Ex shield?
serious8

Unread postby mir » December 8th, 2007, 10:36 pm

serious8 wrote:Wow thanks!!
Ehmmm
and which button should I press in order to do the Ex shield?

The parry one. Also note that some characters have ground last arcs, so you have to shield while on the ground (akihas, shikis, sions, white len, etc etc), while some, however require you to shield while airborne (Arcueid, Ciel, Len...)
mir
Crack Addic!

Unread postby serious8 » December 9th, 2007, 6:16 pm

oohhhh Thank you
I wil try it right now.
maybe later though
serious8

Unread postby noradseven » January 2nd, 2008, 4:23 am

last arcs are always a huge gambit, I personally do enjoy comboing into my second arc drive in massively huge 6000dmg combos with chaos and Ciel but normally I don't use my drives very much unless its against a n00b who is just asking for by doing something stupid, or being overly predictable.

But other than that its just for showing off.

Personally I dislike using arcs and heats except as a last chance AKA im getting wooped normally im a max n00b, yeah for 2 free special attacks.

Arg you don't know how much I hate how the bigger your combo the less damage otherwise I would use arcs more its very annoying when in pratice mode it says this huge combo did 5000 damage but without the dropped dmg from combos it would of done 24000.
noradseven

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 2nd, 2008, 7:58 am

If combo damage doesn't reduce, then this game would turn out to be quite similar to TEKKEN - hit em up, kill em, except in this case all you need would be 1 combo. It does get annoying when your combo does a lot of attacks, because the damages don't get nearly as high as just smashing them with harder hits.
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby noradseven » January 3rd, 2008, 2:44 am

ohh I know and I love the system and I understand its purpose for balancing. It just annoys me how my final arc by itself does more damage then a 15 hit combo that did 2500 damage then the final arc.
noradseven

Unread postby zeldaevolution » January 21st, 2008, 5:25 pm

I think Last Arcs are called Last Arcs because of the damage they make, it's not as great damage as Arc Drives but Last Arcs looks like a finishing move like this...

Nanaya
*Blood Heats

Tohno
*Desperate, 1hp left attacks at full risks, no more thinking of counters...

Nanaya
*Waiting, recovering hp

Tohno
*double back steps, then long jump and hit, while...

Nanaya
*back steps...

Tohno
*Charging, dashing to Nanaya, and presses on the A button to start a combo while,

Nanaya
*Blood Heat almost over but parries, thus...
*Kyokushi... Nanaya!!

Ends the battle...

That one looks like a more mere finishing move that Chokushi no Magan, doesn't it?...
Things won't get better if you kept in them to yourself... or...
Thing won't be better too much if you're saying it and people won't listen to you... even though you have no lies...
zeldaevolution
Posting more than n00bs

Next

Return to Melty Blood Chat