Last Arc Drives

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Arlieth Tralare » January 23rd, 2008, 9:08 pm

One tip: Against characters that have multi-hit attacks, you can press and hold Shield for the first hit, then tap Shield (to get the EX Shield) for the second hit. For example, Satsuki's crouching C sweep is two hits, so if you sit down and hold D to Shield, you automatically Shield the first hit (but it won't trigger Last Arc). Then right after, you TAP D to EX Shield the second hit (which DOES trigger Last Arc).

Note that some characters have Last Arcs that can only be done in the air. Arcueid, Kouma and Ciel are good examples.
Melty Bread - Tournament & Video Site for MB:AC.
http://www.meltybread.com
Arlieth Tralare
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby MestHoop » February 5th, 2008, 2:26 pm

TBH the last arcs can be a great asset, but only use em when you can... don't try to ex shield everything when you hit blood heat.

For example, I was playing kouma vs aoko.
I was getting low on hp and just got heat after blocking a few attacks. I go blood heat and aoko does ex-22C to finish it off...
I jump back as a automatic response (gives you that extra 0.25 seconds to think about your action) and I ex-shield the attack instead of blocking, triggering last arc and putting me back into a HP advantage.
MestHoop
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Melty Blood Chat