a question about melty blood and eternal fighter

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

a question about melty blood and eternal fighter

Unread postby eastyy » September 10th, 2004, 10:53 pm

just recently ordered melty blood and the addon react also got eternal fighter zero plus both addons but i wondered if there was any files or updates that i need for potential problems.i am using winxp
thanks
eastyy
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Leo Van Newhouse » September 16th, 2004, 11:29 am

You wouldn't by any chance happen to know any more fighting games like those for the PC would you??? (Street Fighter not included)
Leo Van Newhouse
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Daichi » September 17th, 2004, 8:20 pm

What kinda problems?

-Daichi :?
Daichi
Mazin Go!

Unread postby eastyy » September 19th, 2004, 12:39 am

hmm guilty gear x2:reload is out for the pc
its for sale here http://shop.himeya.com/products/win_oth ... eload.html

there is a pretty good fighter here and its free
http://pine.zero.ad.jp/~zaj80448/avs/

queen of the heart 99 and 2001 :party breakers is worth a look

destruction desire looks promising look here
http://www.vector.co.jp/download/file/w ... 18627.html

and lastly super cosplay war ultra is pretty good
eastyy
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby Haeleth » September 19th, 2004, 10:32 am

Leo Van Newhouse wrote:You wouldn't by any chance happen to know any more fighting games like those for the PC would you???

The "Eternal Fighter Zero" series is supposed to be pretty good (another bishoujo fighter using girls from Key games).
Haeleth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby the.blunderbuss » February 6th, 2005, 5:50 pm

.:|I'd like to give a little input, if I may. I have both Melty Blood and REAct at this very moment, installed on my PC, which runs on that funky thing called Windows XP; on the same subject I used to have Eternal Fighter Zero installed and working with both expansions on the same operative system. Regarding problems you might find with both games...if we are talking about problems solely caused by Win XP, I really haven't had any in my personal experience (on the other hand, it has been suggested by []"oh too many"[/i] people that you should change your configs to Japanese language, and while I can sure tell you it has helped with some games...for this two, I don't really think it makes a difference). What did happen somewhere along the line, were some problems regarding graphical cards (guys, help me out here, it was a problem with the backgrounds and was posted in this forums...I've been away, sorry), but that was also pretty rare|:.

.:|What I WOULD recomend is a good chunk of RAM, my lad. You see, in my experience 256MB should be a good minimun: It will let you play the game and you won't complain much. But actually it does pose some problems...huge bizarre loading times, strange lag with some moves (double jump, landing, dash, and charge moves), and THE SLOWDOWN OF DOOM (tm), which happened to most of us, one time or the other (I remember I had a talk with a couple of guys here that had the same issue). Now, I'm not saying, go and spend large chunks of money on RAM...but, it would be a good idea. Why? with 512 you most likely won't have any more slowdown issues (I'm not talking just about the game...I'm talking about the computer as a working station), and your computer life will go smoothly|:.

.:|Oh, and on the "other games like this" agenda...how about we all do a list of said games that can be obtained through the "oh we love you" internet?...and yeah yeah, for the sake of goodness and George Bush, only free games would be listed. See you later folks, have a grand weekend|:.

the.blunderbuss
the.blunderbuss
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Zero3K » February 25th, 2005, 3:47 am

Zero3K
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Melty Blood Chat