MELTY BLOOD Actress Again

Let's talk about the port of the port of the port of the update of the port of the port of the update of the expansion of the game that will apparently never be awesome enough.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby abscess » October 6th, 2008, 5:05 pm

NanatsuYa wrote:Since there were a lot of complaints about the wait between the ports of AC, wouldn't the producers think of that this time, and try and get the different ports done ASAP?

It's highly unlikely they will rush things. If they release the PS2 ver, the people playing the arcade version will most likely buy the PS2 one and stop playing it in the arcade, thus making less money. The same with the PC, less people will play the arcade ver, and, as far as I know, very few people play fighting games in the pc.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 6th, 2008, 7:44 pm

abscess wrote:
NanatsuYa wrote:Since there were a lot of complaints about the wait between the ports of AC, wouldn't the producers think of that this time, and try and get the different ports done ASAP?

It's highly unlikely they will rush things. If they release the PS2 ver, the people playing the arcade version will most likely buy the PS2 one and stop playing it in the arcade, thus making less money. The same with the PC, less people will play the arcade ver, and, as far as I know, very few people play fighting games in the pc.

Damn =/ then that means... that PC and Console ports taking a heckuva long time to come out makes perfect sense... DAMMIT!!! ><
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ryanbomber » October 6th, 2008, 10:20 pm

What's the source on those dates anyway, or is it just speculation?
Ryanbomber
Might just like this board

Unread postby s4itox » October 7th, 2008, 10:08 am

Ryanbomber wrote:What's the source on those dates anyway, or is it just speculation?

Did you not notice the posts debunking those dates as being pulled out of a poop-chute? Try re-reading the thread.

Also, sigh... I really hope it doesn't take 2 years for the PC port to come out.
s4itox

Unread postby ayadew » October 7th, 2008, 11:38 am

s4itox wrote:Also, sigh... I really hope it doesn't take 2 years for the PC port to come out.

Best to not think about it.
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryanbomber » October 7th, 2008, 12:16 pm

s4itox wrote:
Ryanbomber wrote:What's the source on those dates anyway, or is it just speculation?

Did you not notice the posts debunking those dates as being pulled out of a poop-chute? Try re-reading the thread.

Also, sigh... I really hope it doesn't take 2 years for the PC port to come out.

I love you too, honey.

(I read the whole thread and thought I remembered it well enough. Guess not. Meh.)
Ryanbomber

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 8th, 2008, 7:57 am

Cloud Nine wrote:seriously, they should stop with Melty Blood after Actress Again and then make another fighting game on another series like Fate/Stay Night or something

Cross-over TYPE-MOON game (like BattleMoonWars but a fighting game instead)??? Maybe introduce some "new characters" (no more like old ones, but characters that never appeared before, imagine Zelrecht in a fighting game for example^^). A new MB taking place after Tsukihime 2 maybe??? Then they could add some new DAA and Magic acossiation/church characters. Shiki would be switched to Satsujinki and so on...
"Be sliced by the blades of Summer Snow, fragile thing..." - Nanaya Shiki.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AvatarofRage » October 8th, 2008, 10:18 am

If they actually had a fighting game focusing around Zelretch, that would be cool. A plot along the lines of alternate realities collapsing into a subdimension would be enough of an excuse for the crossover. You could have characters real, fake, alive, dead, and mutually exclusive or even from different continuities all fighting against one another. A subplot then would be Shiki vs Shirou, with Shiki/Nanaya hunting down all the 'inhuman aggressors (read: servants and the like) while Shirou tries to defend the innocents caught up in the battle whilst fending off the efforts of not only Shiki, but the Dead Apostles, the church, the Magi institution and everything in between.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby s4itox » October 8th, 2008, 11:45 am

AvatarofRage wrote:If they actually had a fighting game focusing around Zelretch, that would be cool. A plot along the lines of alternate realities collapsing into a subdimension would be enough of an excuse for the crossover. You could have characters real, fake, alive, dead, and mutually exclusive or even from different continuities all fighting against one another. A subplot then would be Shiki vs Shirou, with Shiki/Nanaya hunting down all the 'inhuman aggressors (read: servants and the like) while Shirou tries to defend the innocents caught up in the battle whilst fending off the efforts of not only Shiki, but the Dead Apostles, the church, the Magi institution and everything in between.

I would love to see just Shiki vs Shirou, let alone all of what you said there. :o Hell, I'd love to see Nanaya vs Lancer.
s4itox

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 8th, 2008, 12:18 pm

s4itox wrote:
AvatarofRage wrote:If they actually had a fighting game focusing around Zelretch, that would be cool. A plot along the lines of alternate realities collapsing into a subdimension would be enough of an excuse for the crossover. You could have characters real, fake, alive, dead, and mutually exclusive or even from different continuities all fighting against one another. A subplot then would be Shiki vs Shirou, with Shiki/Nanaya hunting down all the 'inhuman aggressors (read: servants and the like) while Shirou tries to defend the innocents caught up in the battle whilst fending off the efforts of not only Shiki, but the Dead Apostles, the church, the Magi institution and everything in between.

I would love to see just Shiki vs Shirou, let alone all of what you said there. :o Hell, I'd love to see Nanaya vs Lancer.

Arc vs. Saber and Akiha vs. Rin, and Kotomine vs. Ciel^^
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nobaka » October 8th, 2008, 1:20 pm

s4itox wrote:

Lancer would win. Why? Gae Bolg. :D

Spears that kill you BEFORE the fact = win.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby s4itox » October 8th, 2008, 1:31 pm

nobaka wrote:
s4itox wrote:

But you have to assume that Lancer won't be taking Nanaya seriously enough to use Gae Bolg at the very start, meaning that Nanaya has a few chances to cut some lines and stab some points before being spear'd thanks to Lancer's Battle Continuation.
It's still a fight I'd love to see.
s4itox

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 8th, 2008, 2:26 pm

nobaka wrote:
s4itox wrote:

If Nanaya would have Shiki's Eyes of Death Perception in the crossover, wouldn't he be able to destroy Gae Bolg by cutting it's lines or piercing the point/origin of death?
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

The Sixth: An Impossible Future

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 8th, 2008, 4:33 pm

The Tsukihime/2/Melty Blood characters sets out to find out about the strange events happening.
The Fate/Stay Night/Hollow Axataria/Zero characters face of in yet another Holy Grail War.
The Church sends Burial Agency members to end the Holy grail war by any means neccessary.
The Magic Acossiation arrives to investigate what caused the Holy Grail war to happen with such small gap between the fifth (F/SN) and the sixth (crossover grail war) and the thing with the alternative realities merging with eachother, causing impossible existences.
The Dead Apostles fights everyone in hopes of gaining the power of the Holy Grail, even if it comes to killing eachother.

"The Sixth: An impossible future." could be a fitting name :D The name can relate to many things, like Wallachia, who tried to obtain "The Sixth", an impossible future (and he returns of course, in hopes of obtaining it with the help of the Holy Grail). It could relate to the sixth Holy Grail war, taking place and so on...

But this is probably what the true meaning behind "The Sixth" as this game's name means:
A Crossover fighting game by TYPE-MOON where Fate characters and Tsukihime characters face off against eachother is indeed "the Sixth" (AN IMPOSSIBLE FUTURE) xD
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Re: The Sixth: An Impossible Future

Unread postby Rainoffire » December 8th, 2008, 10:27 am

If everyone is still wondering about the move-sets changes, those would apply to half-moon and full-moon. While crescent-moon sticks with the original move-set from MB:AC. If you look at the videos closely, it tells you if they're using crescent, half, or full moon and those using crescent have almost the same moves as MB:AC while half and full have different moves. I just saw Nanaya, Kohaku-Hisui, and Akiha and their moves are almost exactly the same, only some very slight changes. Like I never seen a poison piranha plant from kohaku before...

Also if you were thinking of a plot were there is a tsuki-fate cross-over then I think Type-Moon Complex X would be a good one.
It was made by a doujin circle call Crazy Clover Club or CCC I think.
Well here is what I can summarize so far, warning to anyone that want to read it themselves.
WARNING ***MAJOR*** SPOILER:
The story starts off with shirou and others at this new years or christmas party (I forgot which one), and everyone is having fun and stuff like it was paradise. Well it turns out to be that the perfect world they were in was cause by a fake holy grail. If I remember correctly the Holy Grail was created to fulfill someones wish and cause the re-existance of ROA. That then alerted the guys from the Tsuki-universe to come. When Rin, Shirou, and Saber went to check about what's happening from some dude (forgot too), it's said that some from the burial agency (I think) is coming to take care of the problem. And the person from the burial agency turns out to be ciel. Well... ye, (fast forward) Shiki arrives with Arcueid, short but awesome battle scene happens.... ye, ye, more stuff. Then it shows ROA, Who gets pwned by ASSASSIN, but then get revived. I don't know when the next volume comes out.
Anyways I like how the story goes and would really make a good plot for a cross-over.

Well there you have it
Rainoffire
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AvatarofRage » December 8th, 2008, 2:26 pm

NanatsuYa wrote:
nobaka wrote:
s4itox wrote:[quote="AvatarofRage"]If they actually had a fighting game focusing around Zelretch, that would be cool. A plot along the lines of alternate realities collapsing into a subdimension would be enough of an excuse for the crossover. You could have characters real, fake, alive, dead, and mutually exclusive or even from different continuities all fighting against one another. A subplot then would be Shiki vs Shirou, with Shiki/Nanaya hunting down all the 'inhuman aggressors (read: servants and the like) while Shirou tries to defend the innocents caught up in the battle whilst fending off the efforts of not only Shiki, but the Dead Apostles, the church, the Magi institution and everything in between.

If Nanaya would have Shiki's Eyes of Death Perception in the crossover, wouldn't he be able to destroy Gae Bolg by cutting it's lines or piercing the point/origin of death?[/quote]

Considering Shiki's fight vs Ciel in the school, I think it's safe to say that Shiki can make the Luck saving throw to dodge Gae Bolg like Saber did
Crack Addic!

Unread postby s4itox » December 8th, 2008, 5:36 pm

Considering Shiki's fight vs Ciel in the school, I think it's safe to say that Shiki can make the Luck saving throw to dodge Gae Bolg like Saber did

Sure, Shiki can avoid getting pierced in the heart because of his luck+Tohno gland combo, but it doesn't change the fact that he just got freaking stabbed by a spear and it'd injure him like crap. Granted, he could probably go Nanaya on Lancer's ass after he gets stabbed by Gae Bolg, but Shiki'd need some medical attention immediately afterward.
吾は面影糸を巣と張る蜘蛛。――ようこそこのすばらしき惨殺空間へ。
I am the spider that spins this web. ――Welcome, to the site of this magnificent slaughter.
s4itox

Unread postby AvatarofRage » December 10th, 2008, 2:46 am

s4itox wrote:

Sure, Shiki can avoid getting pierced in the heart because of his luck+Tohno gland combo, but it doesn't change the fact that he just got freaking stabbed by a spear and it'd injure him like crap. Granted, he could probably go Nanaya on Lancer's ass after he gets stabbed by Gae Bolg, but Shiki'd need some medical attention immediately afterward.

True, but but it's not like he hasn't nearly died in/after almost every other major fight he's been in
Crack Addic!

Previous

Return to Melty Blood Chat