How can I use the Unpack ?

Talk about Gravity's Arcturus here!

Moderator: Staffers

How can I use the Unpack ?

Unread postby Bountyhunter » July 10th, 2004, 1:28 pm

I've downloaded the Unpak for Arcturus and I already have the Java Runtime Environment but the .jar file didn't work. Can you sho me how to do with this ?
Bountyhunter
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby starkwong » July 15th, 2004, 2:36 pm

You may extract the files by using the following command syntax:
java -jar arcturus_unpack.jar c:\path_to_your_arcturus\data.pak

If you want to specify the extraction directory, you may add --d=c:\your_destination_path.

Instead of using the unpacker here, you can use my enhanced GrfWiz, which can extract file names in desired encoding and to choose the type of files to be extracted.

My GrfWiz can be downloaded at http://starkwong.ivehost.net/arc/download/GrfWiz.zip (With source, written in VB .NET and you need .NET Framework runtime 1.1)
starkwong
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Bountyhunter » July 19th, 2004, 4:06 pm

Thanks a lot
Bountyhunter
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Gryban » March 27th, 2005, 2:30 am

works fine, but when I open my cooledit and play the adp files they seem to be filled with noise and the music is in the background.

I also tried your other program...just the same. :(

Am I doing something wrong?
Gryban
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 14th, 2005, 12:56 pm

You know, repeating a question doesn't make it any more intelligent. :roll:

I don't think you're doing anything wrong - the decoders probably presume another format than is actually used. From your description it looks like it a sign problem - the source may be signed and the decoder is assuming unsigned, or vice versa. You could try to skip the adp converter and open the files as raw in cooledit/goldwave/whatever, playing around with the bits per sample and signed formats and see if that works. Or perhaps there are commandline options to use?

Unread postby starkwong » April 14th, 2005, 3:23 pm

I also tried that before using many programs. The most strange thing is that they are not decodeable by ADPCM (Whatever which format of ADPCM).

And I am pretty sure that the adp format they used is not proprietry because I found that there are some other games are using exactly the same format, and producing the same result (They are the Angelic series from Kogado Software Products, including Angelic Concert, Angelic Serenade, and Symphonic Rain, all using the same adp format)
starkwong
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Arcturus Chat