need help with the java

Talk about Gravity's Arcturus here!

Moderator: Staffers

need help with the java

Unread postby asiangurl » December 4th, 2004, 2:32 pm

I downloaded the java runtime environment but after I installed, the icon says "Java Web Start" and I have no idea how to use it (I downloaded from java.sun.com). I also have another java called DJ Java Decompiler 3.7 but I don't know if I can use this to extract the files from unpack. I've been struggled to find the answer for days now, arg... Can anyone help me? T_T

PS. what does the unpack do anyway?
sorry if I'm bothering you, I'm not very good with all the software things
asiangurl
Totally hardly posted

Re: need help with the java

Unread postby starkwong » February 9th, 2005, 2:45 pm

asiangurl wrote:I downloaded the java runtime environment but after I installed, the icon says "Java Web Start" and I have no idea how to use it (I downloaded from java.sun.com). I also have another java called DJ Java Decompiler 3.7 but I don't know if I can use this to extract the files from unpack. I've been struggled to find the answer for days now, arg... Can anyone help me? T_T

PS. what does the unpack do anyway?
sorry if I'm bothering you, I'm not very good with all the software things

You need to run the download jar in console mode (i.e. Command Prompt) by typing "java -jar [filename_of_jar]".

DJ Decompiler is used to extract source codes from compiled java intermediate files (i.e. class files)

If you want a more friendly UI for extraction, you can use my modified GrfWiz, which can be found at http://starkwong.ivehost.net/arc/?section=english
starkwong
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Arcturus Chat