I can help?

Talk about Gravity's Arcturus here!

Moderator: Staffers

Vivid
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 2
Joined: August 28th, 2004, 6:47 pm

I can help?

Unread post by Vivid » August 28th, 2004, 6:51 pm

I don't how different the game is from Korean Version to other versions but I'm pretty fluent in Korean and I have the game itself (I bought it when I was at the trip there, couple years ago)...

Not sure if this translating project is active but I can help around if you guys need one...O_o

User avatar
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy
Posts: 495
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 2:17 am
Location: Corry PA, USA
Contact:

Unread post by TheXev » August 30th, 2004, 2:08 am

The project is active, and we most defiantly can use your help. I?ll direct Daichi and Azn to this thread

AznTyrant256
Might just like this board
Posts: 36
Joined: March 30th, 2004, 5:11 am

Unread post by AznTyrant256 » August 30th, 2004, 2:11 am

alriught so we got more translators... does that I can quit? :lol:
Your MOM!

User avatar
Zoel
Might just like this board
Posts: 51
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 5:08 am

Unread post by Zoel » August 31st, 2004, 8:47 am

One more question now. What Translation are you gonna use now? The Korean version or the Japanese version. ( i only have the jap version.)

User avatar
Daichi
Mazin Go!
Posts: 55
Joined: March 13th, 2004, 11:28 pm
Location: Pacific Coast

Unread post by Daichi » August 31st, 2004, 10:01 am

Zoel wrote:One more question now. What Translation are you gonna use now? The Korean version or the Japanese version. ( i only have the jap version.)
I have access to the script files of all three (five if you include the demos) versions of the game. So it's not that big a deal of which translation to use... As for which one will be easiest to get up and running with a full patch. Thats going to be the Japanese version game because Falcom did some nice stuff to make it much everything easier :wink:.

So for those of you who haven't bought the game yet, I do suggest the Japanese version. As far as translators go, it would be nice to translate mostly from the original language, Korean or the Japanese game which has a higher quality translation then the Chinese game.

-Daichi :wink:

Vivid
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 2
Joined: August 28th, 2004, 6:47 pm

Unread post by Vivid » September 1st, 2004, 1:14 am

I'll do what I can in this project.
Arcturus is one of my favorite RPG games, actually and I'm pretty much into it, in all times. xD

User avatar
Zoel
Might just like this board
Posts: 51
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 5:08 am

Unread post by Zoel » September 6th, 2004, 2:16 am

Daichi wrote:
Zoel wrote:One more question now. What Translation are you gonna use now? The Korean version or the Japanese version. ( i only have the jap version.)
I have access to the script files of all three (five if you include the demos) versions of the game. So it's not that big a deal of which translation to use... As for which one will be easiest to get up and running with a full patch. Thats going to be the Japanese version game because Falcom did some nice stuff to make it much everything easier :wink:.

So for those of you who haven't bought the game yet, I do suggest the Japanese version. As far as translators go, it would be nice to translate mostly from the original language, Korean or the Japanese game which has a higher quality translation then the Chinese game.

-Daichi :wink:
Well good cause the jap version is what i own. Anyways , what did Falcom add to Arcturus , i don't have the other 2 versions to tell a differences.

User avatar
Daichi
Mazin Go!
Posts: 55
Joined: March 13th, 2004, 11:28 pm
Location: Pacific Coast

Unread post by Daichi » September 6th, 2004, 9:25 pm

Zoel wrote:Well good cause the jap version is what i own. Anyways , what did Falcom add to Arcturus , i don't have the other 2 versions to tell a differences.
All the various menus and misc text is hardcoded into the Korean EXE file :evil:.

In both the Japanese and Chinese game, these texts are stored in simple easy to edit text files. :)

-Daichi 8)

starkwong
Posting more than n00bs
Posts: 20
Joined: May 10th, 2004, 1:15 pm

Unread post by starkwong » September 7th, 2004, 1:26 pm

Daichi wrote:
Zoel wrote:Well good cause the jap version is what i own. Anyways , what did Falcom add to Arcturus , i don't have the other 2 versions to tell a differences.
All the various menus and misc text is hardcoded into the Korean EXE file :evil:.

In both the Japanese and Chinese game, these texts are stored in simple easy to edit text files. :)

-Daichi 8)
Just add a few words...
You can still find the Korean menu strings in ArcExe.exe in both versions, however Japanese and Chinese version will read all these strings from message_xx.txt, you may try that.

Besides, only Japanese version itself uses a simple text files (xxx.jp), Chinese version hard-coded that on the scr files directly and will not substitute any words if you add xxx.ch files.

Japanese version is definitely the best version to translate.

Post Reply