I can help?

Talk about Gravity's Arcturus here!

Moderator: Staffers

Vivid
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 2
Joined: August 28th, 2004, 6:47 pm

I can help?

Unread post by Vivid » August 28th, 2004, 6:51 pm

I don't how different the game is from Korean Version to other versions but I'm pretty fluent in Korean and I have the game itself (I bought it when I was at the trip there, couple years ago)...

Not sure if this translating project is active but I can help around if you guys need one...O_o

TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy
Posts: 496
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 2:17 am
Location: Corry PA, USA
Contact:

Unread post by TheXev » August 30th, 2004, 2:08 am

The project is active, and we most defiantly can use your help. I?ll direct Daichi and Azn to this thread

AznTyrant256
Might just like this board
Posts: 36
Joined: March 30th, 2004, 5:11 am

Unread post by AznTyrant256 » August 30th, 2004, 2:11 am

alriught so we got more translators... does that I can quit? :lol:
Your MOM!

Zoel
Might just like this board
Posts: 51
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 5:08 am

Unread post by Zoel » August 31st, 2004, 8:47 am

One more question now. What Translation are you gonna use now? The Korean version or the Japanese version. ( i only have the jap version.)

Daichi
Mazin Go!
Posts: 55
Joined: March 13th, 2004, 11:28 pm
Location: Pacific Coast

Unread post by Daichi » August 31st, 2004, 10:01 am

Zoel wrote:One more question now. What Translation are you gonna use now? The Korean version or the Japanese version. ( i only have the jap version.)
I have access to the script files of all three (five if you include the demos) versions of the game. So it's not that big a deal of which translation to use... As for which one will be easiest to get up and running with a full patch. Thats going to be the Japanese version game because Falcom did some nice stuff to make it much everything easier :wink:.

So for those of you who haven't bought the game yet, I do suggest the Japanese version. As far as translators go, it would be nice to translate mostly from the original language, Korean or the Japanese game which has a higher quality translation then the Chinese game.

-Daichi :wink:

Vivid
Totally hardly posted
Posts: 2
Joined: August 28th, 2004, 6:47 pm

Unread post by Vivid » September 1st, 2004, 1:14 am

I'll do what I can in this project.
Arcturus is one of my favorite RPG games, actually and I'm pretty much into it, in all times. xD

Zoel
Might just like this board
Posts: 51
Joined: February 10th, 2004, 5:08 am

Unread post by Zoel » September 6th, 2004, 2:16 am

Daichi wrote:
Zoel wrote:One more question now. What Translation are you gonna use now? The Korean version or the Japanese version. ( i only have the jap version.)
I have access to the script files of all three (five if you include the demos) versions of the game. So it's not that big a deal of which translation to use... As for which one will be easiest to get up and running with a full patch. Thats going to be the Japanese version game because Falcom did some nice stuff to make it much everything easier :wink:.

So for those of you who haven't bought the game yet, I do suggest the Japanese version. As far as translators go, it would be nice to translate mostly from the original language, Korean or the Japanese game which has a higher quality translation then the Chinese game.

-Daichi :wink:
Well good cause the jap version is what i own. Anyways , what did Falcom add to Arcturus , i don't have the other 2 versions to tell a differences.

Daichi
Mazin Go!
Posts: 55
Joined: March 13th, 2004, 11:28 pm
Location: Pacific Coast

Unread post by Daichi » September 6th, 2004, 9:25 pm

Zoel wrote:Well good cause the jap version is what i own. Anyways , what did Falcom add to Arcturus , i don't have the other 2 versions to tell a differences.
All the various menus and misc text is hardcoded into the Korean EXE file :evil:.

In both the Japanese and Chinese game, these texts are stored in simple easy to edit text files. :)

-Daichi 8)

starkwong
Posting more than n00bs
Posts: 20
Joined: May 10th, 2004, 1:15 pm

Unread post by starkwong » September 7th, 2004, 1:26 pm

Daichi wrote:
Zoel wrote:Well good cause the jap version is what i own. Anyways , what did Falcom add to Arcturus , i don't have the other 2 versions to tell a differences.
All the various menus and misc text is hardcoded into the Korean EXE file :evil:.

In both the Japanese and Chinese game, these texts are stored in simple easy to edit text files. :)

-Daichi 8)
Just add a few words...
You can still find the Korean menu strings in ArcExe.exe in both versions, however Japanese and Chinese version will read all these strings from message_xx.txt, you may try that.

Besides, only Japanese version itself uses a simple text files (xxx.jp), Chinese version hard-coded that on the scr files directly and will not substitute any words if you add xxx.ch files.

Japanese version is definitely the best version to translate.

Post Reply