Game on Vista

Wanwan Panic~~! Loli croissant yeastiality game coming your way!

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby HashiriyaR32 » November 24th, 2008, 3:30 am

Okay, so I just got a copy of the game, installed it, and then applied the english translation onto it. After going through this thread, I decided to do a few tests. I'm running Vista Home Premium with Aero off (eats CPU power, DO NOT WANT)

Test 1: Disc in Drive, no media playler open. Works.
Test 2: Disc not in drive, no media player open. Bugged me for the disc, but continued anyway. Title screen had no BGM until I jumped into the extras section and back out. Works otherwise.

Note that I have not actually STARTED playing this so I don't know if the game will work properly without the disc in the drive.
HashiriyaR32
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby bvinicius » December 11th, 2008, 3:08 am

Just found another way to run the game. Just kill the process audiodg.exe, need to click in the button of task manager to see all processes. Mark the option for XPSP2 compatibility before launching the game, kill the process and restart it "windows audio" or something.
Only worked for me after doing that. I am using windows Vista Home Basic, so no aero stuff here.
Sorry for my english ^^".
bvinicius
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Hawkes » December 11th, 2008, 8:17 am

bvinicius wrote:Just found another way to run the game. Just kill the process audiodg.exe, need to click in the button of task manager to see all processes. Mark the option for XPSP2 compatibility before launching the game, kill the process and restart it "windows audio" or something.
Only worked for me after doing that. I am using windows Vista Home Basic, so no aero stuff here.
Sorry for my english ^^".

Yeah that works for me.

I opened up task manager, clicked services tab, stopped "Audiosrv", launched the game, and started Audioserv again. If there is still no sound, hit End, then Return to Title Screen.
Hawkes
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Tyrlidd » December 21st, 2008, 10:00 pm

Onigiri wrote:I used to hang on the black screen as well on vista. However, one time I decided to watch some anime with the game window up and !!!!! the menu screen was working and I could play the game perfectly. Might not work for everyone, but play wanko while playing a video (i was using mpc). Just open up a video, pause it and minimize it and wanko should work just fine.
I love this game btw, i've been playing it japanese(my japanese sucks) til i found out there was a english patch!

As odd as this sounds it works if you have the black screen problem on vista. I finished downloading it played it loaded fine, decided not to start acctually playing it since I just downloaded and had Toradora Ep 12 finished about half way. went to play it later didn't work, came here figured what the hell opened another .MKV anime up and it plays. (note you don't have to keep the video open) Note: this was using mediaplayer classic with K lite Codecs, real-media alternative and CCCP so no idea what truly helps it.
Tyrlidd
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby starnight090 » December 24th, 2008, 8:17 pm

I need some help. I tried nearly all the things that was mentioned but it doesn't work. The only one that works is getting rid of audiodg.exe or if I disable my speaker device thing. So I can safely assume that it is because of sound issues. But if I do that, then there is no sound at all and if I enable the speaker again, the game stops working. Any advice that I can use?
starnight090
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 26th, 2009, 7:47 am

If I remeber correclty it's because this game doesn't work overly weel in Vista Aero. So you may have to change the viewing settings to Vista Basic for it to be more compatable to play the game. Although I'm not sure if that will work 100% though, but it's worth trying since some games force Vista in to Basic mode to run properly, and sometimes it doesn't work out that way.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby arokan » January 29th, 2009, 2:45 pm

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and was running Windows Vista 32-bit before that.

Both installations, the game has worked perfectly. Looking at all your problems, it appears to be a codec issue.

Install this file: http://www.free-codecs.com/download_sof ... 5013&s=775 and choose full installation.
This should fix any codec problems you have.

If you own a creative sound card, find a copy of daniel_k's drivers for your OS. That is the only way i have gotten audio in the intro to work.

You can try running the game im compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2.

Something people may want to try:
Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Select your speakers -> Properties -> Advanced
And set Default format to the lowest setting. This will affect the audiodg.exe process (in my case, before i upgraded, the cpu usage went from 63% to 3%. No typos guaranteed there). Maybe as a result or side-effect, programs such as mpc or Utawarerumono(voice patched) actually ran.

Just my two cents, which may or may not be superbly relevant seeing as I never had WtK fail on me
arokan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » January 29th, 2009, 5:05 pm

arokan wrote:Install this file: http://www.free-codecs.com/download_sof ... 5013&s=775 and choose full installation.
This should fix any codec problems you have.

Pro tip: Installing K-Lite codec pack is a VERY bad idea. Furthermore, installing K-Lite codec pack entirely is an EXTREMELY bad idea. Just thought I'd mention this before someone actually tries to take your advice into practice.

Unread postby arokan » January 29th, 2009, 10:23 pm

hmmmm?
How come?

I've never had problems with the pack, and the latest version (containing Media Player Classic Homecinema)
doesn't have the compatibility issues that were present with the old packs (you can have ffdshow running in multiple instances, aero doesn't randomly switch off, the crackling issue seems to have gone)

If you are going to offer advice like that, care to give a reason also?
arokan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » January 30th, 2009, 6:48 am

arokan wrote:If you are going to offer advice like that, care to give a reason also?

Not much of a reason needed other than the hundreds of disaster stories people've been voicing about this particular pack. It could be that it's improved over the past year, but I still believe it was applicable to give some counterweight to your suggestion.

This thread goes back ontopic ---> now.

Unread postby Gradow » February 11th, 2009, 10:04 pm

I managed to get it done like this: Task Manager/Services and then "Services...". Then I opened the game and, with the game opened, I restarted the Audiosrv (Windows Audio or something like that). Then I kept restarting it until it came to the Title Screen, soundless. At last, I went to the End/Return to Title, and it got sound.
Note that all of the other processes mentioned above didn't work and I'm using Vista Home Basic and I didn't have to deactivate Aero.
Gradow
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby tyciol » February 22nd, 2009, 8:22 am

Hi, I am running the demo (1.01) and I experienced the black screen error on vista.

Running a wmv file did not fix the problem (probably because it is set to play on WMP) but running an MKV did fix it because those are played using MPC.

You don't need to keep it running, but you DO need to keep it running long enough for it to pass the white logo screen. Otherwise it stalls. Also, you need to keep it up until the cursor activates the menu, otherwise the cursor will not activate it.

When you click 'Save' during the game it activates 'QuickSave' actually (it should probably say this). At first I thought it didn't save anything, because I couldn't find anything in the 'Save' folder for the game. Once I ran the program I also thought it wasn't saved. But then I scrolled down and it was at the total bottom (slot 99) while all the others were unsaved.

I'm not really sure why it does this.

Also, I don't think you can save multiple scenes in the same game. You can save different games, but if you click QuickSave it saves over only your most recent one.

I think saving manually is a better option. I would only use QuickSave for emergencies (such as panic mode, if you need that).

Anyway all that aside this game is a lot of fun so far. I'm going into my Choose Your Own Adventure panic mode as I generally do when presented with multiple options. I'm a bit at ease that this game seems to have plot railroading in that all your choices don't make much of a difference, though I could be wrong.
tyciol
Totally hardly posted

Re: Game on Vista

Unread postby rexxarhunter » November 22nd, 2009, 7:32 am

guys i got it! heres how you do it:

Game Blackscreen and no sound:
1.control panel > administrater tools > services >stop at Windows Audio
2.run game
3.In Windows Audio, click Restart the service
4.End and return to title
5.Working game with sounds!
If this doesn't work, god help ya.
rexxarhunter
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Symptom » December 29th, 2009, 4:56 am

Here's a simple solution if anyone's having problems with it getting to run a vista:
1. Go to youtube and start any video and pause it.
2. load game
I'm not lying it works. you can close the video after the game starts.
Symptom
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby mario1996 » March 13th, 2010, 4:50 am

Can't open the set up file >.> says i can't play its not compatible with the windows version im running. using vista home premium 64-bit
mario1996
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby dubeena » July 4th, 2010, 5:33 am

How can i add vista professional to my new home premium vista pc? Our new pc is a japanese home premium vista edition and i want to add English version to enable me too since my wife is a japanese. Any help please?

Previous

Return to Wanko to Kurasou Chat