General Wanko Discussion (old screenshot thread)

Wanwan Panic~~! Loli croissant yeastiality game coming your way!

Moderator: Staffers

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » October 7th, 2008, 4:24 pm

Wow.... that's some extensive explanation, since it touched evolution matter, i think i'll throw in some of thoughts as well.... Oh, but please note that i don't believe in evolution, i just find the idea stupid that we and monkeys are originated from the same species, and not to mention that i 'somehow' a religious person, just don't ask how can someone who play eroges claim to be a devoted christian... lolol.

well, the term of devolution itself is somehow wrong... because in evolution there's no such thing as forward or backward, evolution is a 'progress' of species to adapt to it's changing environment, to survive. So there should be no reason that ancient dogs try to evolve into something that make them extinct.

In my eyes the only explanation are, they were seeded out during natural selection, or they are still in the middle of evolution but went extinct before they finish it... There's a theory i read somewhere that a species during evolution is in it's most vulnerable condition, the discovery of something like a winged lizard was their proof... not only the wing was not sufficient enough for them to fly, it also serve as hindrance when they are on the ground to run or hide from predators, making them the easiest of prey.....

Or maybe, this is just an eroge and we shouldn't think too hard about it... lol. There's so many thing in the game that if you are trying to be critical, the world in the game is just ridiculous. Here's one easy example, people would actually justify whale as an intelligent animal and it's wrong to kill them, but an anthropoid dog that clearly waay smarter than whale, could be sent to a pound to be euthanized just because they have no owner. Mind you, this an intelligent species that speaks human language, has expression, and shaped as human....

I agree with your wimpy virgin main character dilemma. It pisses me off when the main character is some idiot who knows nothing, yet everyone falls for him. I'm glad that the main character is a
► Show Spoiler
Lol, yeah... this one is really refreshing... although of course i would hate a main chara like the one in virgin roster, but i think it's nice to have one like this... I sometimes play games with those characters, and cringe at the way they behave, they talk, their pattern of thinking, sometimes the choices given to us still make us like sissies... I just love the part in this game when i get to
► Show Spoiler
, you don't get stuffs like that playing those wimpy characters....

I used to hate Makoto from School Days, but at least he is not a loser like others... he actually took advantage of the girls and screw around for all he cared... But yea, he should know where he should've stopped and draw a line somewhere... fail to do so and you got your entrails ripped from your gut... :lol:
Uchi kaeru....

omark
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by omark » October 7th, 2008, 11:03 pm

this game is awesome!!!! thanks taka, great work!! i'm looking forward for the next patch :D

zqube
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by zqube » October 8th, 2008, 1:51 am

I read a short manga recently, titled Inumimi, about 3 dogs who turn into humanoid dogs much to the surprise of the owner. Obviously I thought of this game when I saw the cover. It was a short story so I felt like it wasn't a waste of time. Overall it was decent.

URL removed.

Azuriazu
Might just like this board

Unread post by Azuriazu » October 8th, 2008, 9:24 am

lolipedofin wrote:
Or maybe, this is just an eroge and we shouldn't think too hard about it... lol. There's so many thing in the game that if you are trying to be critical, the world in the game is just ridiculous. Here's one easy example, people would actually justify whale as an intelligent animal and it's wrong to kill them, but an anthropoid dog that clearly waay smarter than whale, could be sent to a pound to be euthanized just because they have no owner. Mind you, this an intelligent species that speaks human language, has expression, and shaped as human....
Yeah, lol after getting too much into the game world, its weird that an intellegent animal would get euthanized, while humans can't get euthanized. But then again, the anthro-animals all rely on their human counterparts to take care of them, so its kinda like "Okay, here's an intellegent speaking human shaped anthro-animal, but since it has no owner, it cannot think for itself, therefore we must do something for this animal." It sucks though that they would have euthanize em. Why isn't adoption a choice? (I haven't seen anything on adoption yet in the game so far lol).

Unread post by Message » October 8th, 2008, 10:00 am

zqube, by posting a link to a site hosting illegal copies of the Inumimi manga, you are in violation of rule number 2. Consider this your first and only warning.

Winter
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Winter » October 8th, 2008, 10:23 am

Well if you really think about it... people do get euthanised (god I have no freaking idea how to spell that right), it might not be the same case as is described in Wanko... but similar, the idea is that some hospital patients become "vegetables" and the people who watch over the person (spouse, parents and w/e) can make a decision to euthanise that person... then there is the cases of capital punishment, where people are put to death by lethal injection (which is supposed to be painless and peacefull way to kill them)

either way the only reason it looks cruel in this case is because it is looked upon as a normal thing. And the "victems" are those hopless cute human looking people...

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » October 8th, 2008, 12:51 pm

Euthanasia on a living human, is indeed approved in some countries, but only if the subject itself agree to it... From what i know, it's usually done by terminally ill patient, that has no much longer to live, and just want to die without experiencing further pain through his/her disease. While in the case of euthanasia for Persistent Vegetative State, the legality is actually still under scrutiny in global scope.... It's true that after prolonged PVS, a recovery is a 'miracle', furthermore, a total recovery of all body functions can be classified as 'divine intervention'. Meaning that after an undecided length of time, recovery is improbable and the patient should be allowed to die.
Well, there's also euthanasia for capital punishment, but let's not indulge about the morality behind it for now.

The case in the game is totally different... it's an intelligent species, comparable to that of human, a civilized species, but put to death because no one own them. The idea is just beyond silly. not to mention their hefty price tag, couldn't they just sell them, let someone adopt them, make them work according to their abilities... but no, for the sake of drama, they decided to put abandoned anthropoid dog to death in a pound when their owner abandon them... :lol:

Well, enough talk about stuffs that people won't even bother reading.... right now i just can't wait to continue playing it... :D
► Show Spoiler
Uchi kaeru....

Azuriazu

Unread post by Azuriazu » October 8th, 2008, 2:12 pm

lolipedofin wrote: The case in the game is totally different... it's an intelligent species, comparable to that of human, a civilized species, but put to death because no one own them. The idea is just beyond silly. not to mention their hefty price tag, couldn't they just sell them, let someone adopt them, make them work according to their abilities... but no, for the sake of drama, they decided to put abandoned anthropoid dog to death in a pound when their owner abandon them... :lol:
Yeah, I found this quite idiotic lol, considering that the cheapest one is 35,000 yen I think? (Thats what? 350 USD?) and then Mikan costs 6-8 million yen (60k to 80k USD) its like "OMG You're gonna kill a 6 million yen dog just cause they don't have an owner!?"
Even if they can't do adoption, they should at least do auctioning (although it might be a bit inhumane, but still, imagine the money that goes to waste :()
lolipedofin wrote:
► Show Spoiler
The only ones translated so far are the ones you've seen. I have a 100% save, and those two are the only ones translated when I go through the database.

About Yuuichi's past:
► Show Spoiler
Also, in the course of the game:
► Show Spoiler

Ryougi07
Addict

Unread post by Ryougi07 » October 9th, 2008, 3:25 pm

One of the things that's so good about this game is Yuuichi's character. He's not your typical annoying , wimpy, etc. main char. At least he knows what he's doing and he's not so innocent.

BTW
► Show Spoiler

Dirkkun

Unread post by Dirkkun » October 9th, 2008, 6:26 pm

lolipedofin wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Technically, in the last public patch, there are five. But one of those has no CG or scene attached to it in the DATABASE menu. They are:
► Show Spoiler
All the ones from Nadeshiko's route are translated as far as non-public goes, along with the other scenes in the common route. So 25 more H-scenes.

Azuriazu

Unread post by Azuriazu » October 10th, 2008, 8:36 am

Dirkkun wrote:Technically, in the last public patch, there are five. But one of those has no CG or scene attached to it in the DATABASE menu. They are:
► Show Spoiler
All the ones from Nadeshiko's route are translated as far as non-public goes, along with the other scenes in the common route. So 25 more H-scenes.
Oh dang, I just noticed the
► Show Spoiler
one, lol IT IS TRANSLATED :D. I guess I must have missed it since I'm (quite obviously now) on the Risa track.

I just played through Nadeshiko's route, dang I missed alot of stuff! I laughed when
► Show Spoiler

TakaJun

Unread post by TakaJun » October 10th, 2008, 9:37 am

Dirkkun wrote:
Azuriazu wrote:Quick question I hafta ask.

The breeds of the dogs are all made up aren't they? Or are they based on breeds that have different names than the ones used in our world?
Silvie is a Shih Tzu ( http://druglaw.typepad.com/photos/uncat ... ih_tzu.jpg ), but they say Golden Shih Tzu and there's no such breed of real dogs to my knowledge. Mikan is said to be an Irish Crown but the only reference to that I saw was the name of a thoroughbred dog ( http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/irish+crown ). So I guess a bit of both.

Kind of make sense if you think about it, anthro dogs shouldn't be the exact same breed as normal dogs. They're not dogs given human form through gene manipulation, but a separate evolution of canines from ancient times as they say when Yuuichi googles it.
Shit! You should've told me about it! I searched a loooooooong time because I thought they were real dog breeds.
Ryougi07 wrote:One of the things that's so good about this game is Yuuichi's character. He's not your typical annoying , wimpy, etc. main char. At least he knows what he's doing and he's not so innocent.

BTW
► Show Spoiler
Yeah, I really like Yuuchi. It's so nice to translate a game where the main character is not an ass. (*cough* Shirou *cough*
I really loved the part where he went and bought Silvie.
Mikan likes the orange box... just because she likes small, confined places. No other explanations are given.

Ryougi07
Addict

Unread post by Ryougi07 » October 10th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Sorry for this noob question but...how do I know which route I've taken?

Azuriazu

Unread post by Azuriazu » October 10th, 2008, 2:27 pm

TakaJun wrote: Yeah, I really like Yuuchi. It's so nice to translate a game where the main character is not an ass. (*cough* Shirou *cough*
I really loved the part where he went and bought Silvie.
Mikan likes the orange box... just because she likes small, confined places. No other explanations are given.
In response:
► Show Spoiler
And yeah, the whole box thing, its the only reason given. Kuu said she's similar to a cat, since cats like small spaces, and according to Risa, Mikan might have used to live in an orange box (when she notices the box in Yuuichi's house, she says that "Mikan likes the orange box here too...", which implies that she lived in one before). Naturally, the pun on Mikan (orange in japanese) is intended, since Mikan likes orange boxes, and has orange hair.
Ryougi07 wrote:Sorry for this noob question but...how do I know which route I've taken?
There are some key scenes when you play the game.

I know that if you're on the Nadeshiko route, you'll see more scenes where Nadeshiko and Kotarou have talks, and they're quite funny.

If you're on the Risa route, you tend to see more Risa scenes, where Risa comes into focus.

I didn't even know about the Nadeshiko and Kotarou scenes until today, when Dirkkun posted about the H-scenes translated.

Its kinda easy to pick a route honestly. Just choose answers that are against the other one.

Ex. Within the course of the game
► Show Spoiler
There is a walkthrough somewhere, just not translated. But its nice to see the scenes from each route. I enjoy Kotarou's innocence and honesty. She's my favorite doggie! If the world creates anthropets, I would so ask for one like her breed. :twisted:

Ryougi07
Addict

Unread post by Ryougi07 » October 10th, 2008, 5:11 pm

Azuriazu wrote: I enjoy Kotarou's innocence and honesty. She's my favorite doggie! If the world creates anthropets, I would so ask for one like her breed. :twisted:
Yeah, Kotarou is definitely one of the best , and to add to that she's also one of the most amusing but it makes me wonder, how old is she anyway? her speech is kind of childish but she doesn't that much of a like a child...

Azuriazu

Unread post by Azuriazu » October 12th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Ryougi07 wrote:
Azuriazu wrote: I enjoy Kotarou's innocence and honesty. She's my favorite doggie! If the world creates anthropets, I would so ask for one like her breed. :twisted:
Yeah, Kotarou is definitely one of the best , and to add to that she's also one of the most amusing but it makes me wonder, how old is she anyway? her speech is kind of childish but she doesn't that much of a like a child...
Well, normal dogs go into heat 6 months after they are born, but as for anthropets, I'm not sure. Kotarou must be at least 2 years old, since she has experienced heat before, as stated in the storyline. The translated section might tell us how old Kotarou is though, because
► Show Spoiler
On another topic, I just noticed that Nadeshiko looks better in some scenes. Even her inital ivory character outline looks better lol.
► Show Spoiler
But then again, Kotarou wins the cake.
► Show Spoiler
And just to be fair to Risa, her sister looks good lol.
► Show Spoiler

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » October 12th, 2008, 6:25 pm

Ryougi07 wrote:
I think her form of speech has nothing to do with her age, but more to her breed... it is stated that anthropets intelligence are somewhat dependent to its breed. Mikan's breed, Irish Crown is a rare one and especially smart, Kaei looks also seems quite intelligent, while Kuu is the most exceptionally smart among all the pets....

I think Kotarou's breed just happen to be not as smart as others in the game. Should be noted though that Mikan and Kuu, both are from very exceptional and expensive breeds.

It is also said that Silvie, at most, could be as smart as an 8 year old kid, because her breed is more about look rather than brain. So maybe the same apply to Kotarou, since she is more of a hunter dog.

Btw, since we're talking about breed, what do you guys think about Mikan's breed?? It's clear that Sylvie's real life counterpart as a "Golden Shih Tzu" is the "Shih Tzu" itself... but how about Mikan...?? She is an "Irish Crown", there is no breed such as Crown, and all dog breeds that start with 'Irish' like Terrier and Setter, hardly resembles Mikan, they're mostly big guard/hunter dog.... "Irish Water Spaniel" is kinda close though, it is quite intelligent and a family dog... but again, the appearance just looks different to that of Mikan....

Well, i try to think about it, and i come to this conclusion, I know it is kinda forced, but at least to me it is still quite close to "Irish Crown", and its appearance is also resemble Mikan a lot... it's "Welsh Corgy". what do you think?? 'Ireland' and 'Wales' are both Home Nations right?? so I guess it's still kinda similar...

and here's some fact about Welsh Corgi (Cardigan):
wikipedia wrote:Originally bred for herding sheep and cattle, they have proven themselves as excellent companion animals and are also competitive in sheepdog trials and dog agility. Cardigan Welsh Corgis were bred long and low to make sure that any kicks by cattle would travel safely over the dogs without touching them. Like most herding breeds, Cardigans are highly intelligent, active, athletic dogs. Affectionately known as "a big dog in a small package," Cardigans are affectionate, devoted companions that can also be alert and responsible guardians. Cardigan Corgis are typically a 'one-man dog'. They tend to be wary of strangers and to reserve their affection for a select few with whom they are familiar. If socialized at a young age, they can be nice with other dogs and housepets.
What do you guys think?? Any other Dog lovers out there that have different/same idea?
Uchi kaeru....

Azuriazu

Unread post by Azuriazu » October 13th, 2008, 8:19 am

lolipedofin wrote: Btw, since we're talking about breed, what do you guys think about Mikan's breed?? It's clear that Sylvie's real life counterpart as a "Golden Shih Tzu" is the "Shih Tzu" itself... but how about Mikan...?? She is an "Irish Crown", there is no breed such as Crown, and all dog breeds that start with 'Irish' like Terrier and Setter, hardly resembles Mikan, they're mostly big guard/hunter dog.... "Irish Water Spaniel" is kinda close though, it is quite intelligent and a family dog... but again, the appearance just looks different to that of Mikan....

Well, i try to think about it, and i come to this conclusion, I know it is kinda forced, but at least to me it is still quite close to "Irish Crown", and its appearance is also resemble Mikan a lot... it's "Welsh Corgy". what do you think?? 'Ireland' and 'Wales' are both Home Nations right?? so I guess it's still kinda similar...

What do you guys think?? Any other Dog lovers out there that have different/same idea?
Thats what I thought at first as well. After I couldn't find Irish crown, I searched orange haired dogs and Welsh Corgi came up, so my guess was that they got the idea from a Welsh Corgi. Welsh Corgi's come from Wales, so who knows she might be based off of that breed.

While we're on breeds, my guess is that Kotarou's breed resembles a wolfdog (Yes, believe it or not, they exist, check HERE) since her breed's name is "Highland Wolfhound", but wolfhound usually refers to a dog that is designed to hunt wolves.

I wonder if Kuu's breed is ever said later. Kuu has to be of a high breed since Kana's parents are having a hard time finding a cat with a pedigree to match Kuu's pedigree.

Kaie's breed, I have no clue what breed he is. I might have missed it somewhere.

Ryougi07
Addict

Unread post by Ryougi07 » October 13th, 2008, 12:24 pm

lolipedofin wrote:
I think her form of speech has nothing to do with her age, but more to her breed... it is stated that anthropets intelligence are somewhat dependent to its breed. Mikan's breed, Irish Crown is a rare one and especially smart, Kaei looks also seems quite intelligent, while Kuu is the most exceptionally smart among all the pets....

I think Kotarou's breed just happen to be not as smart as others in the game. Should be noted though that Mikan and Kuu, both are from very exceptional and expensive breeds.

It is also said that Silvie, at most, could be as smart as an 8 year old kid, because her breed is more about look rather than brain. So maybe the same apply to Kotarou, since she is more of a hunter dog.

Just started from the beginning again, I missed that part. So does that mean Kotarou nor Silvie possess no hope in reaching, even if just a little, Mikan's level even if they were trained? and here I was thinking Kotarou was the best...*heartbroken* lol

Azuriazu

Unread post by Azuriazu » October 13th, 2008, 12:46 pm

Ryougi07 wrote:
Just started from the beginning again, I missed that part. So does that mean Kotarou nor Silvie possess no hope in reaching, even if just a little, Mikan's level even if they were trained? and here I was thinking Kotarou was the best...*heartbroken* lol
Yes, unfortunately, it is true. Mikan's breed is rare, and Seika states that her breed is rare because she is able to understand her commands, which are high level. Mikan's level of intelligence can match up to Kuu's intelligence if she tries, but Silvie is a show dog breed, so her intelligence is not up to par with Mikan, and it is made apparent in later scenes with Risa, when she confuses Risa with her explanations (they even confused me lol, I had to look at it from a child's perspective in order to get it) and does other things to the effect.

Kotarou is the same as well. Since Kotarou is a sport dog breed, she is more trained to follow orders and do more physical labor than other things. Naturally, she has some level of intelligence since she has a light duty workdog license and a police dog license as well. If you had to order the anthropets in terms of intelligence, I think it would be something like (From smartest to not so smart):

Kuu > Kaie* > Mikan > Kotarou > Silvie

*I'm not to sure on Kaie's intelligence, but since he is a high class breed and Seika's anthropet, he must be smart, plus he works with the police force on special training regimens, so he has to possess high intelligence to do things like that.

Naturally, Kuu is at the top since shes an anthrocat, cunning yet mischevious, with intelligence VERY close to a human's level. I'm assuming that Anthrocats have a natural higher intelligence than Anthrodogs.

Anyhow, It just means that Kotarou won't be a scholar lol, but in my case I wouldn't want Kotarou to be a scholar, I want her to be herself, a cute working doggie whose innocence and attitude defines her personality.