General Wanko Discussion (old screenshot thread)

Wanwan Panic~~! Loli croissant yeastiality game coming your way!

Moderator: Staffers

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » September 23rd, 2008, 1:38 pm

I don't know why, but I still want this game. In any case I'll wait for an Installer to be in the works before I even play it though.

SlashZero
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by SlashZero » September 23rd, 2008, 6:42 pm

Just so there's no potential confusion, we only plan to release a patcher (i.e. a program that creates the necessary files to play the game in English on top of your install), not an installer (i.e. a program that takes the disk data and installs the game on your computer + English patch).

Dirkkun
Might just like this board

Unread post by Dirkkun » September 23rd, 2008, 8:35 pm

SlashZero wrote:Just so there's no potential confusion, we only plan to release a patcher (i.e. a program that creates the necessary files to play the game in English on top of your install), not an installer (i.e. a program that takes the disk data and installs the game on your computer + English patch).
TakaJun wrote:There is actually an installer in the makes. It wasn't bundled with the patcher this time since it wasn't ready yet.
We'll release an installer whenever it's ready.
:P

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » September 27th, 2008, 7:28 pm

Everyone should play this game without fears. Lolicon can be cured.

► Show Spoiler

TakaJun

Unread post by TakaJun » September 28th, 2008, 8:40 am

New screenshots with image translations.

ImageImage
ImageImage

The month/day thing still looks a bit weird, so we'll work on that. Any suggestions on a good fix for it?

nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!
Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread post by nanaya_shinya » September 28th, 2008, 9:04 am

@Shikiller
Is that poster for real?

Off-topic:
I got my AG3 just now, I'm one more step closer to "killing" my lolicon persona.
*after playing for about an hour*
*let's make that six hours*
(real-life) lolicon persona is now "dead"
(videogame/anime) lolicon persona is now "sealed"

On-topic:
My (pure)gamer-side still forces me to take interest in this game...
!すでのな

Azuriazu

Unread post by Azuriazu » September 28th, 2008, 12:06 pm

TakaJun wrote:New screenshots with image translations.

The month/day thing still looks a bit weird, so we'll work on that. Any suggestions on a good fix for it?
I think it looks fine. Unless you want to translate the months, you could opt to remove the number and replace the "month" with the actual name of the month (January, Febuary, etc). The day thing can stay there, I don't see any problems with it.

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » September 28th, 2008, 5:45 pm

In the end my inner lolicon actually wants me to play this game. Heck even my Visual Novel side is intrigued on how this story turns out. In any case more then half of me is looking forwaord to playing this game, once it's finished.

Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Shikiller » September 29th, 2008, 2:18 am

the poster is real, yes.

i like this game so far, the story is nice and funny, that's all that i need.
Last edited by Shikiller on September 29th, 2008, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrunkDragon
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by DrunkDragon » September 29th, 2008, 8:22 am

TakaJun wrote:New screenshots with image translations.

ImageImage

How about changing the month/day vertically instead of horizontally, right below the location? It'll look like how it was originally with the game but the date and location reversed.

or you can change month/day to something like Feb. 20 and so on, but the month is abbreviated so it'll fit in the image.

teiglin

Unread post by teiglin » September 30th, 2008, 12:31 am

From a programming perspective, it seems likely that changing "5 month 9 day" to "May 9" would be nontrivial unless the tools to create a lookup table (or some utility month number -> name function) are readily available in whatever logic displays the days.

Why not just remove the day and replace month with a big slash? I suppose that has potential to confuse people in different regions (I like to be in America/Okay by me in America...), but would certainly look better.

If you don't like that, you could change it to "Month 5, Day 9" which looks a little stupid but not as bad as "5 Month 9 Day." :P

Azuriazu

Unread post by Azuriazu » October 1st, 2008, 12:13 pm

Quick question I hafta ask.

The breeds of the dogs are all made up aren't they? Or are they based on breeds that have different names than the ones used in our world?

Dirkkun

Unread post by Dirkkun » October 2nd, 2008, 12:48 am

Azuriazu wrote:Quick question I hafta ask.

The breeds of the dogs are all made up aren't they? Or are they based on breeds that have different names than the ones used in our world?
Silvie is a Shih Tzu ( http://druglaw.typepad.com/photos/uncat ... ih_tzu.jpg ), but they say Golden Shih Tzu and there's no such breed of real dogs to my knowledge. Mikan is said to be an Irish Crown but the only reference to that I saw was the name of a thoroughbred dog ( http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/irish+crown ). So I guess a bit of both.

Kind of make sense if you think about it, anthro dogs shouldn't be the exact same breed as normal dogs. They're not dogs given human form through gene manipulation, but a separate evolution of canines from ancient times as they say when Yuuichi googles it.

Azuriazu

Unread post by Azuriazu » October 3rd, 2008, 12:40 pm

Yeah, lol I tried looking it up and I was like WTF they don't exist in their doggie counterparts? lol

I know Silvie's existed, but as for Golden Shih Tsu I assume it was referring to her hair color (golden I guess)

The one that was the most interesting was Kotarou's breed, I believe it was Highland Wolfhound or something?

I searched high and low and was like whaaaaaaaaaaat is Kotarou darn it!?

zqube
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by zqube » October 4th, 2008, 2:47 am

Golden Shih Tzu seemed strange to me at first. Well, I can take it so it doesn't really bother me. I don't like to get picky on details like that.

Ryougi07
Addict

Unread post by Ryougi07 » October 6th, 2008, 4:12 pm

Dirkkun wrote: Kind of make sense if you think about it, anthro dogs shouldn't be the exact same breed as normal dogs. They're not dogs given human form through gene manipulation, but a separate evolution of canines from ancient times as they say when Yuuichi googles it.
Does that mean that they're not really dogs rather they're just something similar to dogs?
Or even with the evolution they are still dogs....
Sorry I'm kinda confused..

Winter
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Winter » October 7th, 2008, 1:37 am

What it means, in my opinion, is that dogs, just like humans evolved in to a human like form. Perhaps similar how humans became what they are from monkeys. (I believe Darwins theory) This is just a thought... Perhaps they evolved in to something that is more like human but never reached the capacity as humans, so eventualy went extinct.

lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread post by lolipedofin » October 7th, 2008, 2:23 am

Well, i've just started 'wanking' yesterday... and i can't believe just how absorbing this game is..... Definitely a great pick and a refreshing one to satiate your eroge need...

And i also think that it's a great feeling to play a main character who actually relied upon by others around him, cool, suave and mature... I just had enough with the recent overflow of wimpy virgins as main chara....

What i can't believe is that i actually more looking forward to the release of the patch for this game rather than F/SN..... You just made my day for translating this Taka... Thanx a bunch... And i just can't wait to continue wanking... >v<
Uchi kaeru....

IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread post by IceCold_Asssassin » October 7th, 2008, 2:49 am

i like the new day/time icons. looks great.

Azuriazu

Unread post by Azuriazu » October 7th, 2008, 2:27 pm

Ryougi07 wrote: Does that mean that they're not really dogs rather they're just something similar to dogs?
Or even with the evolution they are still dogs....
Sorry I'm kinda confused..
Actually, dogs did not evolve into a human form.

When Yuuichi googles the information on anthropoid dogs, it says this:

"We first need to clarify a big misunderstanding about anthropoid animals. It is often assumed that they were created due to excessive genetic engineering. While this is true in part, it is fundamentally wrong. Anthropoid animals have existed since ancient times. They existed a few thousand years ago. Genetic engineering merely helped their rebirth. This process includes excessive inbreeding to create species that are easier to take care of, and selective breeding to make them more human like. But anthropoid animals are not something humans created, they are animals that the world created. How they came to obtain human form is unknown and still being researched. It is said that it is a form a mimetism (copying humans) to survive. We believe that they obtained human form to live with people. They do not have the skills necessary to survive in the wild, therefore suggesting they lived with humans. Alot of anthropoid animals understand human language and are able to communicate much better than most animals.

Therefore, according to the website Yuuichi googled, anthropoid animals once existed, then somehow died (with their dog form counterparts surviving, my guess is that since dogs have skills to survive the wild, but the anthropoids do not, they must have survived) and then with the help of humans, we're able to revert to their anthropoid forms.

Refering to what Winter said:

Winter wrote:What it means, in my opinion, is that dogs, just like humans evolved in to a human like form. Perhaps similar how humans became what they are from monkeys. (I believe Darwins theory) This is just a thought... Perhaps they evolved in to something that is more like human but never reached the capacity as humans, so eventualy went extinct.

This is (for the most part) true. Dogs evolved into a human part, but by doing so, they lost the ability to survive in the wild (thus devolved as well), therefore, since they must rely on humans for their needs, if humans went extinct (apparently a few thousand years ago we all died) then the anthro ones would naturally die as well. Some MIGHT have devolved back into there dog form, therefore obtaining the ability to survive in the wild once more. It is not explicitly stated in the story though.

The types of dogs in the games are all references to the real ones, but they are selectively breeded and given new names which are derived from their doggie counterpart.

The game mentions these breeds of dog:

Medium Sized Anthro-Dogs:

White Shiba
English Collie
Scottish Terrier

Small Sized Anthro-Dogs:

Golden Shih Tsu (Silvie is this breed)
Welsh Corgi
Irish Crown (Mikan is this breed)

Large Sized Anthro-Dogs:

Highland Wolfhound (Kotarou is this breed)
Siberian Biter
Ireland Retriever

So, in short, they are dogs, just evolved or devolved, depending on how you look at it. They could have evolved from dog forms to human like forms (which supposedly allows better adaptability to the world) , or they could have devolved from their doggie form (a form thats able to survive in the wild by themselves) to the human form (a form which relies on human interaction and guidance in order to survive).

lolipedofin wrote:Well, i've just started 'wanking' yesterday... and i can't believe just how absorbing this game is..... Definitely a great pick and a refreshing one to satiate your eroge need...

And i also think that it's a great feeling to play a main character who actually relied upon by others around him, cool, suave and mature... I just had enough with the recent overflow of wimpy virgins as main chara....

What i can't believe is that i actually more looking forward to the release of the patch for this game rather than F/SN..... You just made my day for translating this Taka... Thanx a bunch... And i just can't wait to continue wanking... >v<

I agree with your wimpy virgin main character dilemma. It pisses me off when the main character is some idiot who knows nothing, yet everyone falls for him. I'm glad that the main character is a
► Show Spoiler