The "(Un)Official WindomXP Chat Server" is here!

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

The "(Un)Official WindomXP Chat Server" is here!

Unread postby Gatherix » September 20th, 2009, 10:19 pm

Before I begin, please note that I am NOT game administration.

I haven't been playing WindomXP for long, but I love the game.
With all games I play (or most at least), I always enjoy chatting with other players of the game. Most games do have forums, though with forums it's like e-mail instead of live chat, which always bugged me. Because of this, or many games I somehow develop something that allows players to live chat. By website with software, by central message streaming server, by automatic programs, etc. So with WindomXP, I decided to Central running macro-run server, which I have done with many games. It's basically a game server that is continuously running. A pre-programed macro and/or other computer program does the work of keeping it up and running, without me having to be there. So what I'm going to do is have a server and give you an external IP address for you to use to connect. The server, most likely, would run from 4pm to 10pm EST (EST is 5 hours earlier than GMT time. Do the math), a total of 6 hours. Please reply to this post with suggestions, feedback, etc. Please note that even though I did read the rules and do think this project is OK, I have not run this by game administration. Even if it isn't you should be fine using it, as It'll be my fault, not yours. The IP address to connect to is 192.168.1.99 on planet Venus (that should be easy enough to remember, right?). I havn't tested this completely, so I may have some server problems. No, it won't harm your computer, and I can't test it if people don't use it. Also note that it may not run continuously for 6-hours. It may pause for a couple minutes, end a little sooner, etc. Thank you for your support (if you have any). Good luck, and have fun playing WindomXP! :D

-Gatherix
Gatherix
Totally hardly posted

Re: The "(Un)Official WindomXP Chat Server" is here!

Unread postby Message » September 21st, 2009, 5:01 am

Gatherix wrote:So what I'm going to do is have a server and give you an external IP address for you to use to connect.(...) The IP address to connect to is 192.168.1.99

Yeah... Good luck with that.

I think I've got a better idea. There's this crazy little thing called IRC? Google it. orz

Re: The "(Un)Official WindomXP Chat Server" is here!

Unread postby borgie18 » November 14th, 2009, 9:51 am

ei, is there someone out there is online in windomXP now?
borgie18
Totally hardly posted

Return to WindomXP Chat