Ultimate Knight WindomXP Damage Tests (and bugs)

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Ultimate Knight WindomXP Damage Tests (and bugs)

Unread postby maloncanth » March 7th, 2009, 9:21 am

A friend and I have been doing a bit of testing using English patched 1.007. So far just basic tests with MillR and XP-3 using S class power upgrades but if we do more, I'll update.

Beam Rifles
Different beam rifles can do different damage. We tested the rifles on the Mill-R and XP-3 and found that the base damage of the Mill-R is 90 whereas that of the XP-3 is 100. Using the Mill-R, we found that there is no dropoff in damage out to a range beyond 750m if at all.

The +XX long range attack upgrades are straight percentage increases, with the final number rounded down. So stacking S upgrades to +75 on a Mill-R yields 90*1.75 = 157.7 = 157 damage per shot.

Boomerang
The boomerang has a base damage of 60 base damage (30 on the hit out, and 30 on the way back in). It is affected by range attack upgrades.

Bits
If the target is stuck in the beams the whole time, the entire 4-bit setup on the XP-3 deals about 200 damage. It is not affected by range attack upgrade.

Melee (bugged)
The base damage on the Mill-R model beam saber is 60 against another Mill-R on the first hit (we did not test combos) while XP-3's anti-ship buster dealt 72 to another XP-3. Seems pretty modest an increase to be honest, considering how terribly two-handed it is. However, there is a huge bug involved. An S-class power upgrade, of course has both a range attack and melee attack component. The ranged attack component works properly, but the +X Melee Attack actually increases the melee attack of your opponent. You might say it is in fact a -X Melee Defense instead.

Oddly enough, there is a slight discrepency in damage for the XP-3 as well. Its base damage is 72 it seems, but when swung at an S-class Power "boosted" (nominally +73 Melee Attack) XP-3, it dealt 120 damage, which is about 4 less than the expected 124. The reason for this is unknown.

I posted regarding this bug on their site's little bulletin board, but I dunno if any of them'll be able to read English. Seems like a big bug though.
maloncanth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nobaka » March 7th, 2009, 5:26 pm

VERY interesting. I would also like to say that grenades ARE affected by long range upgrades, as far as I can tell. I usually test with MS-98's single grenade, but damage seems to be a bit too variable for me to be certain.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby maloncanth » March 7th, 2009, 7:53 pm

If that's true, it would point at bits being independent entities and grenades being just another form of attack. I wonder if it'd be possible to mod bits to fire grenade waves. That'd be a riot. :D
maloncanth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nobaka » March 7th, 2009, 8:04 pm

maloncanth wrote:If that's true, it would point at bits being independent entities and grenades being just another form of attack. I wonder if it'd be possible to mod bits to fire grenade waves. That'd be a riot. :D

That would be DOOM.

Hell, as it is, MS-98 is Mid-High Tier.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Break » March 8th, 2009, 10:04 am

nobaka wrote:Hell, as it is, MS-98 is Mid-High Tier.

I can't help but be curious as to why you think this is, because this is still not my experience.
Sapere aude.
Break
Addict

Unread postby Vahn Strife » March 8th, 2009, 3:53 pm

Has anyone else verified the bugged melee as mentioned above? As an XP SP3, I feel this is a major issue for me...
Vahn Strife
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Break » March 8th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Vahn Strife wrote:Has anyone else verified the bugged melee as mentioned above? As an XP SP3, I feel this is a major issue for me...

Denning has. How YSK has gone this long without fixing such a major issue, I don't know.
Sapere aude.
Break
Addict

Unread postby nobaka » March 8th, 2009, 7:36 pm

Break wrote:
nobaka wrote:Hell, as it is, MS-98 is Mid-High Tier.

I can't help but be curious as to why you think this is, because this is still not my experience.

Full auto on the machine gun is a big reason. Even if you run out of energy, you can still keep firing, and all bots (and a bunch of human players, until they catch on) will simply continue to block as you plod towards them, dinking away. And, of course, once you reach them, grenade rape.

Honestly, I've sorely underestimated the single grenade in the past. Its recharge rate is RIDICULOUS, so if you can get into a narrow area (canyon, corner), they're in serious trouble.

I also love the Millenium-B, but that's a different story.

This is NOT to say I condone the Millenium-R. It is, hands down, worst mech in the game.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby maloncanth » March 9th, 2009, 11:04 am

Funny. Mill-R is currently my best bot. :p I was pretty surprised to find it at the bottom of the guide. Feels nuts to me.

Anyway, I think my question right now is whether it just affects S class power items or all applications of +X Short-ranged Attack.
maloncanth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby maloncanth » March 11th, 2009, 2:16 am

Anyhow, I posted about the bug on their webboard a while ago but there's no indiciation anyone's read it. Maybe someone can translate the gist of the bug into jp for them?

Also I wouldn't have believed you could trick an AI into sitting there blocking machinegun bullets forever until I tested. I swear no one I play with would ever let me get away with that. :? I still say there's no replacement for good old megaparticles.
maloncanth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nobaka » March 11th, 2009, 5:37 am

maloncanth wrote:Anyhow, I posted about the bug on their webboard a while ago but there's no indiciation anyone's read it. Maybe someone can translate the gist of the bug into jp for them?

Also I wouldn't have believed you could trick an AI into sitting there blocking machinegun bullets forever until I tested. I swear no one I play with would ever let me get away with that. :? I still say there's no replacement for good old megaparticles.

I recommend Google Translator. It actually works reasonably well. Just translate their posts first to see what words you'll have to plug in so they know what you're talking about.

If I could find people to actually play against, I would. Advice?
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Return to WindomXP Chat