Bootfighter suddenly became crap after a reformatted PC

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Bootfighter suddenly became crap after a reformatted PC

Unread postby thejanman » December 29th, 2008, 2:55 pm

Bootfighter was running well with all the nice graphics and stuff. But after I reformatted the PC using the same OS it was running before and after reinstalling bootfighter, the graphics went black.

I mean, i cant see the windams, I cant see the backgrounds, and I cant see other stuff. All I see are the texts, pilot faces, and windam pictures(during selection of robots). I can still hear the sounds nicely though.

So what should be the problem in this? HELP MAH PLEAZzE :P
thejanman
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby skywave » January 1st, 2009, 7:37 pm

You said you reformated and reinstalled your whole PC right? I bet you need to reinstall directX and all that good stuff. I just got a new PC and had to do the same thing: all the little helper game/graphic programs got wiped during your install. I'd make sure you have the latest directX and that .dll file bootfighter loves so much, see if that fixes the graphics problem.
skywave
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby thejanman » January 2nd, 2009, 1:45 am

Well I did all those good stuff including the directx. I also checked the .dll that bootfighter loves so much. Can I ask for a list of things you installed? Maybe I missed something. AND I MEAN EVERYTHING :P ONEGAI SIMASU!!
thejanman
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby skywave » January 2nd, 2009, 7:33 pm

thejanman wrote:Well I did all those good stuff including the directx. I also checked the .dll that bootfighter loves so much. Can I ask for a list of things you installed? Maybe I missed something. AND I MEAN EVERYTHING :P ONEGAI SIMASU!!

OK, still sounds like a graphics issue. When you start up, what graphics setting are you running bootfighter on? Start from the lowest and go up from there. If it won't run on even the lowest setting, maybe update your graphics card drivers?
skywave
Totally hardly posted

Return to WindomXP Chat