Unlimited Fuel.

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Unlimited Fuel.

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 7th, 2008, 3:08 am

Wouldn't that just be nice? I guess you have a limited amount to be more tactical, but eh.

It's kinda like Exteel, I love preforming badass stunts using EN, or Fuel or whatever, just in general, you get enough for 2-3 seconds and then the funs over till you recharge and it's annoying.

I wish more Mech games allowed you to do stuff like this unlimited. Ammo's unlimited, so why not fuel?

So many cool things could be done with it.

Maybe have it as an option to turn it on or off in retail. I hope the people making it do something like that, cause alot of current mech games screw up and barely give you time to do cool stunts.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Logtaga » December 8th, 2008, 4:56 am

by unlimited fuel you mean unlimited flight? yes, you can actually do that..

start a server, login, add bots, then before you press f1, there are options on the lower-right part, look for the "generator ratio" and set it to "unlimited" (by default, this is set as 1.0, just increase this until you reach "unlimited")

I recommend you start windom xp without fullscreen-mode before doing this(because somehow, i cant change the multiplayer options when im on fullscreen)

hope this helps :)
Logtaga
Might just like this board

Unread postby Siroh32 » December 8th, 2008, 6:49 pm

Logtaga beat me to the instructions of tinkering with generator ratio. Going past that, you can then fly to the top of the map as the added AI or your fellow players will, transform, fire bolts, try and get close but miss in their melee attacks, etc.

I don't see how wrong the arcade-style of gaming this and the actual (and fun) Gundam arcade games it's based on are. You're supposed to be concerned with how much you have in engine/weapon power and health and be strategic. It doesn't prevent you from doing cool moves (I take it you like playing as Darth Maul or Mark McGwire?).
Siroh32
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Logtaga » December 9th, 2008, 12:27 am

Siroh32 wrote:Logtaga beat me to the instructions of tinkering with generator ratio. Going past that, you can then fly to the top of the map as the added AI or your fellow players will, transform, fire bolts, try and get close but miss in their melee attacks, etc.

I don't see how wrong the arcade-style of gaming this and the actual (and fun) Gundam arcade games it's based on are. You're supposed to be concerned with how much you have in engine/weapon power and health and be strategic. It doesn't prevent you from doing cool moves (I take it you like playing as Darth Maul or Mark McGwire?).

yeah, having unlimited fuel meants you have to get near to the enemy just to hit them, so its kinda not-fun for me..

on the contrary, i find it more fun playing as ms-98(all the bots as well), then set the generator ration to 0.1, playing team vs. team, you know,, it's like playing an old-school-fashioned mech war, with no boosters whatsoever(or is it just me?)
Logtaga

Unread postby Siroh32 » December 9th, 2008, 2:05 am

I tried that once or twice; some of the more traditional ground-based mecha battles that didn't involve arial combat (putting aside the Super Robot elements that sneaked its way into some real robot shows, ala the first real robot show, Mobile Suit Gundam).

If you do want something like that, Mkilbride, a fun game series (it looks like it can be, anyway) is the Another Century's Episode trilogy. Even the original Gundam in the last game of that trilogy was souped up to fly as fast as if it were a jet fighter.
Siroh32
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Teddy » January 2nd, 2009, 5:13 pm

But is there a way to have unlimited fuel in survival?
Teddy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Logtaga » January 3rd, 2009, 7:52 am

Teddy wrote:But is there a way to have unlimited fuel in survival?

well, if you really want unlimited fuel that bad then you could always make/use a trainer, it really isn't that hard you know(i managed to create one w/c gives me unlimited fuel, hp, ex-gauge & weapon gauge)

...that or you could just choose "survival mode" when you start a server then play it w/ unlimited fuel, its up to you pal :P
Logtaga

Unread postby Shinryu » January 13th, 2009, 1:05 am

Logtaga wrote:on the contrary, i find it more fun playing as ms-98(all the bots as well), then set the generator ration to 0.1, playing team vs. team, you know,, it's like playing an old-school-fashioned mech war, with no boosters whatsoever(or is it just me?)

Even without lowering the ratio, playing as the low end mechs made for more interesting/intense battles in my opinion; I wasn't too fond of the grenades, though. I remember one battle I had with my girlfriend, I was using MS-98 and she was using a Millenium. We were both running in the same direction (My left, her right) firing the machine guns, only to have all our bullets cancel out... Except her last one, which blew me up, haha.
Shinryu
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Logtaga » January 16th, 2009, 2:19 am

playing as the low end mechs made for more interesting/intense battles in my opinion

me too , i dunno, maybe because all those colorful laser attacks makes the battle look more like, um, a magic war?(I really cant describe it :? ) unlike bullets which make the battle look more realistic, especially when they fly all over the place :o
Logtaga

Return to WindomXP Chat