reasons for it to be free and on sale

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

reasons for it to be free and on sale

Unread postby zaeda » December 4th, 2008, 5:28 am

for me, i think the game should remain free.

1. it doesn't have any upgrade options, or level up a mobile suit, or be able to win cash/gold in the game where you will be able to upgrade/buy weapons for you mech.
2. it doesn't have a story line where in every mech has it's own story to start with.
3. doesn't have a pilot's story or something.
4. it doesn't have lots of stages to choose from.
5. it does have a difficulty to boost a mech. Needs boosters to fly while walking and a booster to jump/fly upwards. a mech like a gundam needs a lot of boost of course.
6. doesn't have any multi lock-on for enemies.
cant remember all.

if it they would put it on sale...

1. needs a lot of tweaking for the movements of the mechs.
2. upgraded weapons while maintaining the balance of the game. over powered mechs, people wont be able to play the other mechs.
3. option for upgrading weapons.
4. a mouse mode for the game. if its a pc game, it should be able to use the mouse in the game, exclude the picture thinggy.
5. also all of the above problems, they need to fix it.

there's still more i need to clear out, just blacked out right now. XP

for me, it really should remain a free game. no offense, but it just doesn't suit to be on sale. sorry. but I love your game though. I play it here with a friend. I just don't think there'd be alot of changes if you put it on sale. Well, good luck!
zaeda
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 4th, 2008, 6:16 am

Mirror Moon aren't the ones selling it, LOL.

I agree though, it's not worth the 20$ it'll cost.

I mean, there are a wealth of way better mech games already out, and for free. This game would need a new graphics engine, update to the gameplay itself, better coding and such, a million things that would make it just easier to start from scratch.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Re: reasons for it to be free and on sale

Unread postby nobaka » December 4th, 2008, 7:57 pm

zaeda wrote:for me, i think the game should remain free.

1. it doesn't have any upgrade options, or level up a mobile suit, or be able to win cash/gold in the game where you will be able to upgrade/buy weapons for you mech.
2. it doesn't have a story line where in every mech has it's own story to start with.
3. doesn't have a pilot's story or something.
4. it doesn't have lots of stages to choose from.
5. it does have a difficulty to boost a mech. Needs boosters to fly while walking and a booster to jump/fly upwards. a mech like a gundam needs a lot of boost of course.
6. doesn't have any multi lock-on for enemies.
cant remember all.

if it they would put it on sale...

1. needs a lot of tweaking for the movements of the mechs.
2. upgraded weapons while maintaining the balance of the game. over powered mechs, people wont be able to play the other mechs.
3. option for upgrading weapons.
4. a mouse mode for the game. if its a pc game, it should be able to use the mouse in the game, exclude the picture thinggy.
5. also all of the above problems, they need to fix it.

there's still more i need to clear out, just blacked out right now. XP

for me, it really should remain a free game. no offense, but it just doesn't suit to be on sale. sorry. but I love your game though. I play it here with a friend. I just don't think there'd be alot of changes if you put it on sale. Well, good luck!

I think he's actually doing most of those things for the retail version.

Also, NOT MADE BY MM. They just translated it.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Siroh32 » December 4th, 2008, 9:19 pm

While I don't have the following, based on what I know I will--to the best of my ability--reply by comparing to "Gundam vs. Gundam" [Wiki] and other related Gundam arcade-esque games:
zaeda wrote:1. it doesn't have any upgrade options, or level up a mobile suit, or be able to win cash/gold in the game where you will be able to upgrade/buy weapons for you mech.

Some MSs in "Gundam vs. Gundam" have different configurations that appear in the game. The GP01 from Stardust Memory, for example, is present in the PSP version of "Gundam vs. Gundam" in normal and FB mode.
zaeda wrote:2. it doesn't have a story line where in every mech has it's own story to start with.

I don't think most any of the "Gundam vs." arcade games, including the latest ones, have even a Mortal Kombat-esque storyline for each character. The closest kind-of storyline is a main one that sort-of varies but stays true to a main storyline. "AEUG vs. Titans," I believe, follows the main storyline of Mobile Suit Z Gundam.
zaeda wrote:3. doesn't have a pilot's story or something.

See above.
zaeda wrote:4. it doesn't have lots of stages to choose from.

I'll give you that, but at least in the retail version of BFW that's being improved on. How many stages do you wish for a game like BFW or "Gundam vs. Gundam"?
zaeda wrote:5. it does have a difficulty to boost a mech. Needs boosters to fly while walking and a booster to jump/fly upwards. a mech like a gundam needs a lot of boost of course.

But the game needs balance. It's an arcade-esque game like "Gundam vs. Gundam" and not super-faithful to mecha anime or adrenaline-racing like the "Another Century's Episode" trilogy of games that always has you flying your mecha at Mach 1.# or something.
zaeda wrote:6. doesn't have any multi lock-on for enemies.

I never saw a "multi lock-on" for any of the "Gundam vs." arcade games. Not from the first "Renpou vs. Zeon" game seven years ago. Not "Gundam vs. Gundam" today. Now the retail version may surprise me and further distance itself from being a clone from the mentioned Gundam arcade games, but wouldn't that deviate from the original point why games like "Blue Heat" and "Bootfighter Windom XP SP-2" were made in the first place? I would ask that about your suggestion of a mouse or mecha movement-tweaking (and other deviating-from-being-a-clone suggestions) as well; BFW isn't a First/Third-Person Shooter like Operation Troy. Nor was the mentioned Gundam arcade games.

And if the retail version of BFW seriously updates its graphics engine as Mkilbride suggests it should, then I wouldn't bother getting the game; I would be left to the more expensive options of getting a new standard or portable gaming console and a Gundam game that clones like Silver Knights and BFW were based on. The best my computer can handle at its peak is games similar to Quake III or Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (to name First Person Shooters on the perspective of graphics).
Siroh32
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby zaeda » December 5th, 2008, 12:06 pm

wow, you've narrowed it down on me.
Well, I didn't say the game wouldn't progress. and If they could, I would buy it myself. But only if it suits my taste. I have my own taste and you have yours. so there you go. XP
zaeda
Totally hardly posted

Return to WindomXP Chat