No more updates for the 'Free version of Bootfighter'

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Break » February 3rd, 2009, 10:44 pm

Sapere aude.
User avatar
Break
Addict
 
Posts: 99
Joined: August 6th, 2008, 1:00 am
Location: incomplete without surface noise

Unread postby nobaka » February 4th, 2009, 2:53 am

I'm glad that they dealt with the 1000 item thing. I've been deleting Ds for so long.

And I've only seen a 'rare' enemy once... Does having all S-rank equipment make it so you can't fight them?

Anthurium also has a block which works on physical and beam attacks. Hold block and 3rd subweapon.
User avatar
nobaka
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 581
Joined: January 11th, 2008, 6:12 am

Unread postby sevalle » February 4th, 2009, 4:04 am

yay, vienna got buffed, shoulder cannon is now much more useful, it also copied selena's sway shot :D although got no knockdown

on the other hand, selena n blackcomb hp got nerfed slightly...

S-rank item drop rates seemed to have been increased, I got 3 S-ranks on 5 arcade runs right after I patched to 1.006, usually I would expect like 1 S-rank every 10+ runs... or maybe I was just lucky? :?

Also, since when did Anthurium's buster launcher auto-block beams?
sevalle
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 30
Joined: August 23rd, 2008, 2:25 am
Location: Actually I have no idea since I seem to be lost...

Unread postby nobaka » February 4th, 2009, 4:33 am

sevalle wrote:yay, vienna got buffed, shoulder cannon is now much more useful, it also copied selena's sway shot :D although got no knockdown

on the other hand, selena n blackcomb hp got nerfed slightly...

S-rank item drop rates seemed to have been increased, I got 3 S-ranks on 5 arcade runs right after I patched to 1.006, usually I would expect like 1 S-rank every 10+ runs... or maybe I was just lucky? :?

Also, since when did Anthurium's buster launcher auto-block beams?


It always blocked them from the front.

Also, I found a 'Rare' Black Selena. JESUS that thing was tough. I have all S-Rank Long Range boosting equipment, and a 1 EX gauge superlaser from BlackComb took off maybe, 1/8 of it's life. And when it died, it dropped two gold items. Like, the diamonds were gold. Both A-rank, though.
User avatar
nobaka
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 581
Joined: January 11th, 2008, 6:12 am

Unread postby Break » February 4th, 2009, 6:43 am

I found the rare Selena, too. That was way back when, while I was still trying to unlock Mill-B...and was thus playing as one of my worst mechs, the 98. Not fun at all.

As for Vienna, I'm glad to see it get a new and decently useful attack, but YSK can certainly do more with it. Its strengths are not easy to take advantage of, and the fact that the hitboxes on a great deal of melee attacks are really out of place doesn't help things at all. I really am tired of whiffing kicks at point-blank; they really need more of a wider hitbox to them. Changing the combos like he did for the Selena way back when would be super. Giving a bit more range to its subweapon throw would also be nice, but not as high priority in my mind.

I also kinda question the HP nerf for all of the heavy mechs. Primula and Blackcomb, fine, as they're both really good; but Anthurium and Selena with it? Sure, they suffered the least of it, but I'm not sure why it's even needed at all for them.

EDIT: With all of my criticisms, I forgot to mention what YSK did awesomely with this update: change Vienna's shoulder cannon for the better. Before, it felt like a tacked-on attack with no thought put into it - it was slow and not worth the trouble despite its power. Now, it loses its tracking properties for speed of execution and a faster bolt while still keeping its power and instant-knockdown properties. It's a much better attack than before, and can lead to some really awesome gun-to-shoulder-cannon chains at the right range.
Sapere aude.
User avatar
Break
Addict
 
Posts: 99
Joined: August 6th, 2008, 1:00 am
Location: incomplete without surface noise

Unread postby Depletion_Garden » February 4th, 2009, 10:59 am

Vienna really needed that bit of a boost. I don't really care too much about the shoulder cannon, but the somersault shot is a welcome addition. It helps that you can chain a burst of shots after the shoulder cannon knocks down though, like how you can throw in that additional rifle shot after Selena's sway shot. Increased damage potential is great. Although somersault shot isn't as easily executed as sway shot is, its more of a quick counter response kinda move. Use it to dodge and counter at the same time, rather than being used offensively. The regular should cannon is better for picking at openings.

I do wish the grab wasn't blockable though. Its hard enough to connect as it is.
Depletion_Garden
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 20
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 2:56 pm

Unread postby Break » February 5th, 2009, 6:08 am

The English version is out, with a sale to celebrate. The price is 2500 yen.

Oh, and no worries about applying patches - YSK now releases two different patches, one for each language.
Sapere aude.
User avatar
Break
Addict
 
Posts: 99
Joined: August 6th, 2008, 1:00 am
Location: incomplete without surface noise

Unread postby nobaka » February 5th, 2009, 6:23 pm

Break wrote:The English version is out, with a sale to celebrate. The price is 2500 yen.

Oh, and no worries about applying patches - YSK now releases two different patches, one for each language.


TIME TO BUY

Edit: You'd think they'd but the buy page in English. :x

Edit 2: Wow. They require you to put your SEX.

Ah, success.

But can I just copy the sd file and keep my shit?
User avatar
nobaka
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 581
Joined: January 11th, 2008, 6:12 am

Unread postby Break » February 5th, 2009, 8:46 pm

nobaka wrote:Ah, success.

But can I just copy the sd file and keep my shit?


Probably. Let me put it this way: the versions are similar enough that you can actually apply the English patch to the Japanese version, and actually have English text applied to pretty much everything aside from a couple of outliers and the items. Multiplayer even still works with that, too, but for chrissakes, back up your game before trying this.

Natch, the English version has a good bit of (very much readable) Engrish, if the patch is any sign of things.
Sapere aude.
User avatar
Break
Addict
 
Posts: 99
Joined: August 6th, 2008, 1:00 am
Location: incomplete without surface noise

Unread postby nobaka » February 6th, 2009, 12:24 am

Break wrote:
nobaka wrote:Ah, success.

But can I just copy the sd file and keep my shit?


Probably. Let me put it this way: the versions are similar enough that you can actually apply the English patch to the Japanese version, and actually have English text applied to pretty much everything aside from a couple of outliers and the items. Multiplayer even still works with that, too, but for chrissakes, back up your game before trying this.

Natch, the English version has a good bit of (very much readable) Engrish, if the patch is any sign of things.


I've been playing it for a while. I tried using my old save file, and it works fine. Unfortunately, my entire (960+) inventory is still random characters. So... I left it out. Anyone who wants it can have it (it's got some very nice 5+ stat S items).
User avatar
nobaka
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 581
Joined: January 11th, 2008, 6:12 am

Unread postby 04-Leonhardt » February 7th, 2009, 12:58 am

I saw on the translated site, It said something about a campaign?

Is that just the advertising, or an actual campaign mode in the game?


...that would rule.

......though I highly doubt it.
Go! Giant Fighting Robot!

f you are of the 3% of american children who has played an Armored Core game, put this in your sig.
04-Leonhardt
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 37
Joined: June 4th, 2008, 2:19 am
Location: A Giant Fighting Robot

Unread postby nobaka » February 7th, 2009, 1:10 am

04-Leonhardt wrote:I saw on the translated site, It said something about a campaign?

Is that just the advertising, or an actual campaign mode in the game?


...that would rule.

......though I highly doubt it.


It's Arcade mode. You fight through 3/4/5(/6) stages, varying on what difficulty you're playing on. This is how you unlock mechs and get new items and colors for your mech. You also often have a (retarded) partner.
User avatar
nobaka
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 581
Joined: January 11th, 2008, 6:12 am

Unread postby 04-Leonhardt » February 7th, 2009, 1:14 am

Oh...

I thought it meant Campaign, like a story mode...
cause I knew there was an arcade mode


...sad...


And how exactly does the Millenium-B differ from it's brothers?

I assume it has something like a bazooka, or some more powerful weapons...
Go! Giant Fighting Robot!

f you are of the 3% of american children who has played an Armored Core game, put this in your sig.
04-Leonhardt
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 37
Joined: June 4th, 2008, 2:19 am
Location: A Giant Fighting Robot

Unread postby nobaka » February 7th, 2009, 1:29 am

04-Leonhardt wrote:Oh...

I thought it meant Campaign, like a story mode...
cause I knew there was an arcade mode


...sad...


And how exactly does the Millenium-B differ from it's brothers?

I assume it has something like a bazooka, or some more powerful weapons...


Primary weapon is a Bazooka, same as Windom-B. Melee is the same as the other Milleniums. First subweapon is a much faster (moving) shot, must kneel to use it (will drop straight down to fire it if used in the air). Second subweapon is a missile, like 2K's. 3rd subweapon plants the shield in the ground and the mech basically becomes a turret. Has the effect of constant shielding against all attacks, including melee, from the front, and can still fire the bazooka. Turns slowly, but I love this mode. It's sniping with a shield.
User avatar
nobaka
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 581
Joined: January 11th, 2008, 6:12 am

Unread postby sevalle » February 7th, 2009, 4:18 am

nobaka wrote:You also often have a (retarded) partner.


"Retarded" is an understatement :roll:
sevalle
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 30
Joined: August 23rd, 2008, 2:25 am
Location: Actually I have no idea since I seem to be lost...

Unread postby nobaka » February 7th, 2009, 6:01 am

sevalle wrote:
nobaka wrote:You also often have a (retarded) partner.


"Retarded" is an understatement :roll:


Hey, hey. Be nice. They're EXCELLENT for drawing fire. Sometimes. If the AI feels like it. Usually if it's on shared stock.
User avatar
nobaka
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 581
Joined: January 11th, 2008, 6:12 am

Unread postby anthony001 » February 11th, 2009, 10:32 am

nobaka wrote:
Break wrote:
nobaka wrote:Ah, success.

But can I just copy the sd file and keep my shit?


Probably. Let me put it this way: the versions are similar enough that you can actually apply the English patch to the Japanese version, and actually have English text applied to pretty much everything aside from a couple of outliers and the items. Multiplayer even still works with that, too, but for chrissakes, back up your game before trying this.

Natch, the English version has a good bit of (very much readable) Engrish, if the patch is any sign of things.


I've been playing it for a while. I tried using my old save file, and it works fine. Unfortunately, my entire (960+) inventory is still random characters. So... I left it out. Anyone who wants it can have it (it's got some very nice 5+ stat S items).


can i have those items?
how do i transfer files?
im running vista and even if i switch to show hidden files i still cant see the save files
anthony001
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 20
Joined: November 29th, 2008, 10:17 am

Unread postby nobaka » February 11th, 2009, 8:35 pm

anthony001 wrote:
nobaka wrote:
Break wrote:[quote="nobaka"]
Ah, success.

But can I just copy the sd file and keep my shit?


Probably. Let me put it this way: the versions are similar enough that you can actually apply the English patch to the Japanese version, and actually have English text applied to pretty much everything aside from a couple of outliers and the items. Multiplayer even still works with that, too, but for chrissakes, back up your game before trying this.

Natch, the English version has a good bit of (very much readable) Engrish, if the patch is any sign of things.


I've been playing it for a while. I tried using my old save file, and it works fine. Unfortunately, my entire (960+) inventory is still random characters. So... I left it out. Anyone who wants it can have it (it's got some very nice 5+ stat S items).


can i have those items?
how do i transfer files?
im running vista and even if i switch to show hidden files i still cant see the save files[/quote]

This is where it will be.

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\WindomXP\

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4B0O948U

There's the save. Don't rename it. Just overwrite (and make a backup of yours FIRST).
User avatar
nobaka
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 581
Joined: January 11th, 2008, 6:12 am

Unread postby anthony001 » February 12th, 2009, 10:36 am

thanks alot
btw how did you sort them?
and i dont really feel any difference in power and energy recovery hen using them
and also nhow do u use windom xp effectively?
i tried its multiple missile up close but none would hit(sub a)
i also tried its 2 big rocket but it also missed
which should i invest more the raining of missile, the 2 big rocket or the immediate multiple missile using the ex gauge?
anthony001
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 20
Joined: November 29th, 2008, 10:17 am

Unread postby nobaka » February 12th, 2009, 8:16 pm

anthony001 wrote:thanks alot
btw how did you sort them?
and i dont really feel any difference in power and energy recovery hen using them
and also nhow do u use windom xp effectively?
i tried its multiple missile up close but none would hit(sub a)
i also tried its 2 big rocket but it also missed
which should i invest more the raining of missile, the 2 big rocket or the immediate multiple missile using the ex gauge?


1. Go to the option under equip, and press enter on an item and pick the first option. If you pick the second, it will delete the selected item. Third option is cancel.
2. There's a much more noticeable difference when you equip something that increases MAX Energy or Boost.

Windom XP:
Don't use the scatter missiles up close. In fact, don't use any subweapons up close. I find the the two burst missiles to be fairly unreliable. I prefer subweapon 1 and 3. I say stick the the standard laser, subweapon 1, and close combat.
User avatar
nobaka
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 581
Joined: January 11th, 2008, 6:12 am

PreviousNext

Return to WindomXP Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest