No more updates for the 'Free version of Bootfighter'

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Shinryu
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Shinryu » January 17th, 2009, 2:49 am

I played though all difficulties now, and I have to say, Hard was pretty Hard with a Millennium-B. Got my first S class item out of it, though, which gives +12~18 for 4 stats... Anyway, the below may not be 100% concrete, but these are my observations thus far.

Easy
  • 5 Stages
  • Last Stage has 2 enemies
  • Item drops are rare
  • 2 items for beating
Normal
  • 5 Stages
  • Last Stage has 3 enemies
  • Item drops are moderate
  • 5 items for beating
Hard
  • 5~6 Stages
  • Stage has 3 or 4 enemies, sometimes is Last Stage
  • Second Last Stage has 4 enemies, the four Linux mechs, and they can drop S rank items
  • Item drops are very frequent, and A~C ranks are much more common
  • 10 items for beating
  • Occasionally a 強化 (Strengthened) version will appear of an enemy, it drops S rank items if you defeat it; on Easy and Normal, it just drops normal items

Pikawil
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Pikawil » January 17th, 2009, 5:40 am

athos wrote:Anyone knows how to unlock Vienna?
Beat Arcade with Windom XP SP-3.

Shinryu
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Shinryu » January 17th, 2009, 6:03 am

Pikawil wrote:
Hmm, SP3 didn't get me anything; I got Vienna from beating Arcade with BlackComb. I wonder if it required clearing with multiple mechs.

Logtaga
Might just like this board

Unread post by Logtaga » January 17th, 2009, 9:53 am

I watched the preview movie again and i noticed that xp-sp3 has a new melee attack pattern, I was wondering if there are new moves for other, if not all, mechs as well.

Denning
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Denning » January 17th, 2009, 11:17 am

Shinryu wrote:
Pikawil wrote:
Hmm, SP3 didn't get me anything; I got Vienna from beating Arcade with BlackComb. I wonder if it required clearing with multiple mechs.
To unlock Vienna, you have to beat Arcade Mode with the following: 2000, 2000 SP1, XP, XP-B, XP SP-3, Vista and BlackComb. Yes, all of them.
For Primula, it's all of the Linux frames, and for Millenium-B, it's all of the grenade brigade.

It's a bit of a pain, but that's life.

Rein
Addict

Unread post by Rein » January 17th, 2009, 2:17 pm

Does anyone have the issue where none of the in-game characters appear as japanese but instead a something like f[Al8[\<& ? I've figured out what just about everything is but it would still make things like identifying items much easier if i could actually see the japanese and then translate it.

Shinryu
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Shinryu » January 17th, 2009, 5:10 pm

Rein wrote:Does anyone have the issue where none of the in-game characters appear as japanese but instead a something like f[Al8[\<& ? I've figured out what just about everything is but it would still make things like identifying items much easier if i could actually see the japanese and then translate it.
You have to change the system locale/region for non-Unicode programs to Japanese.

Duvet

Unread post by Duvet » January 17th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Well, another sad time for me. I kept deleting items from the warehouse. Lost 2 A's, B, and a C. Guess I should have payed more attention.

I just want to say Hard Mode is Hard.

nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread post by nobaka » January 17th, 2009, 8:45 pm

I like the fact that you can switch the MS-98's (haven't gotten the other grunts yet) machine gun to full auto so you fire as long as you hold down the button and have energy.

Edit: Works with Millenium. Very nicely, I might add.

Edit 2: Obviously doesn't work with Millenium-R. I was hoping it would, though. :'(

04-Leonhardt

Unread post by 04-Leonhardt » January 17th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Anyone know when the English page will be up? I cant read x<f"r3)&

I watched the opening movie and it looked pretty kickass, considering it was a game made by one guy.
Go! Giant Fighting Robot!

f you are of the 3% of american children who has played an Armored Core game, put this in your sig.

nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread post by nobaka » January 17th, 2009, 11:28 pm

Use google translator to look at his site. I don't think he has a date yet.

Okay, I understand Hard mode is supposed to be hard, but I've done a bunch of hard mode runs before this and now I'm fighting a group of 3 SP-3s on STOCK. I'm using a Vienna and I have a retarded Anthurium. :'(

Edit: Jesus. This is like, my 30th attempt. I didn't even know you COULD have negative points until this match.

Duvet

Unread post by Duvet » January 18th, 2009, 6:11 pm

I'm not sure if my eyes were deceiving me, but when I went up against a Whistler SP-3... I think it grabbed me or something. I was on the ground and it came on top and ran its sword right into me for like a 20 hit combo. It was like some kind of chainsaw action.

I think I unlocked every character already except for Vienna. I'm pretty sure I played through with every character from left to right. It was all with Easy Mode though. Oh, I'm using Ver 1.005

nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread post by nobaka » January 18th, 2009, 7:47 pm

Duvet wrote:I'm not sure if my eyes were deceiving me, but when I went up against a Whistler SP-3... I think it grabbed me or something. I was on the ground and it came on top and ran its sword right into me for like a 20 hit combo. It was like some kind of chainsaw action.

I think I unlocked every character already except for Vienna. I'm pretty sure I played through with every character from left to right. It was all with Easy Mode though. Oh, I'm using Ver 1.005
Yeah, the SP-3 has a grab attack that hits multiple times. Vienna has a similar attack, except I know how to DO Vienna's.

Shinryu
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Shinryu » January 18th, 2009, 9:35 pm

SP-3 and Cymbidium got some throws in the transition to Ultimate Knight, and Vienna has a couple as well. At least, those are the only ones listed in the manual; if there's more, I haven't been seen them yet. Here is a video demonstrating them and how to perform them.

Duvet

Unread post by Duvet » January 18th, 2009, 9:51 pm

Ah, thanks very much for clarifying. I wasn't aware that there were throws in the game or not. I actually did have Vienna, just didn't know the name exactly.

nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread post by nobaka » January 18th, 2009, 11:27 pm

Shinryu wrote:SP-3 and Cymbidium got some throws in the transition to Ultimate Knight, and Vienna has a couple as well. At least, those are the only ones listed in the manual; if there's more, I haven't been seen them yet. Here is a video demonstrating them and how to perform them.
Actually, for Vienna's stomp'n'shoot, you don't need to use any subweapon. I just press back melee when they're on the ground and red.

Shinryu
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Shinryu » January 18th, 2009, 11:52 pm

nobaka wrote:
Shinryu wrote:SP-3 and Cymbidium got some throws in the transition to Ultimate Knight, and Vienna has a couple as well. At least, those are the only ones listed in the manual; if there's more, I haven't been seen them yet. Here is a video demonstrating them and how to perform them.
Actually, for Vienna's stomp'n'shoot, you don't need to use any subweapon. I just press back melee when they're on the ground and red.
I just followed the manual's listed method; by doing that way, you don't have to knock them down first, as it's often difficult to get low enough to the ground in time due to the way Vienna's melee combo is.

nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread post by nobaka » January 19th, 2009, 1:11 am

Shinryu wrote:
nobaka wrote:
I just followed the manual's listed method; by doing that way, you don't have to knock them down first, as it's often difficult to get low enough to the ground in time due to the way Vienna's melee combo is.
Ah, I see. I do it by using the back melee attack twice. It's a quick recovery and they don't fly far at all, so there's plenty of time to get the grab in.

What I can't figure out is when DO the items actually take effect? Like, what modes? I'd think that at least ONE of those 4-5 things getting boosted in my S-items should be damage...

Edit: Okay, XP B has a grab. He picks the mech up, holds it in front of the bazooka (hand, not back), and fires point blank. All that I can tell I did was attempt to block and fire at the sameish time. Maybe just forward melee when they're close enough?

Shinryu
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by Shinryu » January 19th, 2009, 2:05 am

nobaka wrote:What I can't figure out is when DO the items actually take effect? Like, what modes? I'd think that at least ONE of those 4-5 things getting boosted in my S-items should be damage...
Arcade Mode for certain, and for online you have the option of turning their effects on or off. The other modes, it doesn't really make it clear. The easiest way to check is to do some boost experiments with and without.

As for what the items do...

遠距離攻撃力 = Long Distance Attack
近距離攻撃力 = Short Distance (Melee) Attack
実弾防御力 = Solid Ammo Defense
ビーム防御力 = Beam Defense
近接防御力 = Melee Defense
最大エネグギー量 = Maximum Energy
最大ブースト量 = Maximum Boost
エネルギー回復量 = Energy Recovery
ブースト回復量 = Boost Recovery
nobaka wrote:Edit: Okay, XP B has a grab. He picks the mech up, holds it in front of the bazooka (hand, not back), and fires point blank. All that I can tell I did was attempt to block and fire at the sameish time. Maybe just forward melee when they're close enough?
Aha, nice find. It's Left + Melee; no mention of this in the manual at all.

nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread post by nobaka » January 19th, 2009, 2:14 am

Shinryu wrote:
nobaka wrote:What I can't figure out is when DO the items actually take effect? Like, what modes? I'd think that at least ONE of those 4-5 things getting boosted in my S-items should be damage...
Arcade Mode for certain, and for online you have the option of turning their effects on or off. The other modes, it doesn't really make it clear. The easiest way to check is to do some boost experiments with and without.

As for what the items do...

遠距離攻撃力 = Long Distance Attack
近距離攻撃力 = Short Distance (Melee) Attack
実弾防御力 = Solid Ammo Defense
ビーム防御力 = Beam Defense
近接防御力 = Melee Defense
最大エネグギー量 = Maximum Energy
最大ブースト量 = Maximum Boost
エネルギー回復量 = Energy Recovery
ブースト回復量 = Boost Recovery
nobaka wrote:Edit: Okay, XP B has a grab. He picks the mech up, holds it in front of the bazooka (hand, not back), and fires point blank. All that I can tell I did was attempt to block and fire at the sameish time. Maybe just forward melee when they're close enough?
Aha, nice find. It's Left + Melee; no mention of this in the manual at all.
Thanks oodles!

Time to look for more! :D