Fix "d3dx9_32.dll not found" the right way.

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Fix "d3dx9_32.dll not found" the right way.

Unread postby OfficeDespot » November 8th, 2008, 12:42 am

The problem:
"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

The solution:

Download the most recent package of DirectX End-User Runtimes from Microsoft. The latest and greatest at this time --> "DirectX End-User Runtimes (November 2008) - English"

The rest of the story:

I installed Bootfighter Windom XP sp-2.NET, went to run it the first time and received the d3dx9_32.dll error message - missing / not found.

I ran dxdiag - the DirectX Diagnostic Tool - and yeah, I'm running DirectX 9.0c. It shows that I do have all of the latest DirectX runtime libraries.

However, just having DirectX 9.0c installed does not guarantee all previously released DirectX runtimes are installed.

Running the "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" does not install all previously released DirectX runtimes either.

So, I located the Redistributable package, installed that, and now Bootfighter works on my XP Pro workstation.

Two things of note:
1.) I tried put this information, or a link to it, in the Bootfighter Windom page at mirrormoon.org somewhere in the comments, but it won't let me login.

When I try to register from that page, it says "Cookies should be enabled in your browser for CAPTCHA validation." no matter what browser I use.
It also throws up a "Sorry, unrecognized username or password. Have you forgotten your password?" message when I use my account info from here.

2.) In my opinion, telling people to download the missing DLL from dll-files.com is wrong. I don't know whether or not dll-files.com is a trustworthy site, and this goes against best-practices for security. Getting the right software straight from the author is the best way to fix things like this.

Maybe this is sticky-worthy?
OfficeDespot
Totally hardly posted

Re: Fix "d3dx9_32.dll not found" the right way.

Unread postby Superflonic » November 9th, 2008, 3:47 pm

OfficeDespot wrote:2.) In my opinion, telling people to download the missing DLL from dll-files.com is wrong. I don't know whether or not dll-files.com is a trustworthy site, and this goes against best-practices for security.

Actually, dll-files.com is a completely legitimate site.
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby OfficeDespot » November 30th, 2008, 1:55 am

Superflonic wrote:
OfficeDespot wrote:2.) In my opinion, telling people to download the missing DLL from dll-files.com is wrong. I don't know whether or not dll-files.com is a trustworthy site, and this goes against best-practices for security.

Actually, dll-files.com is a completely legitimate site.

You may think so, but I don't know that. Using the correct software from the manufacturer/author is the best way to fix software issues.

How do I know that all dll files from dll-files.com are unhacked and uncompromised?
OfficeDespot
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » November 30th, 2008, 2:58 am

How do you know that the files from mirror moon are all completely fine? D: Who knows if one particular project member has been compromised!

(In the staff room: "I TOLD you to practice safe sex!")
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Superflonic » November 30th, 2008, 7:39 am

AlinSabel wrote:How do you know that the files from mirror moon are all completely fine? D: Who knows if one particular project member has been compromised!

(In the staff room: "I TOLD you to practice safe sex!")

Shh, that was supposed to be a secret. >_>
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby CWmaggie09 » December 6th, 2008, 6:08 pm

This thread actually helped me a ton! Thanks!
CWmaggie09
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby jeanahough » June 10th, 2011, 10:23 pm

i was facing the same issue with this missing dll file d3dx9_32.dll
this is where i got the file from and solved the issue:
http://dllcentral.com/d3dx9_42.dll/9.27.952.3001/
and also this is a great source as well:
http://www.d3dx9.net/d3dx9_42-dll-missing/
jeanahough
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby rrrmmm » November 26th, 2011, 12:39 pm

@jeanahough.... i have downloaded this file from your given link for my dll missing error..after downloaded it says your d3dx9_32 is not registered ..... now what next..?
rrrmmm
Totally hardly posted

Return to WindomXP Chat