Different Stages and Multiplayer Questions

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Different Stages and Multiplayer Questions

Unread postby Iflyte » September 9th, 2008, 2:30 am

First off, this is an amazing game! Thank you to the team that made this freeware gem, and bless you, mirror moon, for translating it for us all! It combines the engine of the Gundam vs. games with some really nice new cancel, combo and ex mechanics, along with better mech balance. I'm addicted, and you've made this giant robo fan very very happy! :D

I do have a couple of questions, though.

1.) How do I change stages in training or...well, any mode. Can I change them in other modes?

2.) So I have to type in someone else's IP address to connect to their game, right? That's what I think one of the topics on this board was saying. I might have misunderstood. How does this work? I have yet to connect to an online match. Is Blitz tactics an online game type?

Thanks a big huggy bunch for your help! Hope to see some of you online soon.
Iflyte
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Break » September 9th, 2008, 2:51 am

1) You have to back out to the main menu in order to change stages in Survival or Practice. The stage in other modes, sans multiplayer, are fixed.

2) Yep, you need someone else's IP address in order to connect to their hosted server to play, though that's not the only valid input. You can put in a server like "twilightx.zapto.org", or use Hamachi to set up a virtual private network (and therefore, use the IPs it provides).

Blitz Tactics isn't a multiplayer mode, though it'd make for an excellent one. The only available game types are survival and time survival, with any mix of ten players (in terms of teams) that you prefer.
Sapere aude.
Break
Addict

Unread postby ViperXtreme » September 9th, 2008, 3:49 am

quick question, how do you add AI opponent when playing online?
ViperXtreme
Might just like this board

Unread postby gorvaxthebeast » September 9th, 2008, 4:10 am

ViperXtreme wrote:quick question, how do you add AI opponent when playing online?

You need to click the blue arrows in the game lobby setup you cant use the keyboard to put AI you have to use your mouse
gorvaxthebeast
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ViperXtreme » September 9th, 2008, 4:44 am

thanks, last time i tried the buttons won't move even wit the mouse though >_>
ViperXtreme

Unread postby Break » September 9th, 2008, 6:22 am

It's a silly positioning error - to trigger the buttons, you have to click underneath the graphic.
Sapere aude.
Break
Addict

Unread postby ViperXtreme » September 9th, 2008, 10:26 am

are the AI's there really strong? they seem like level 10 ones from survival, i barely won using a 2K SP1 vs a black comb 0_o
ViperXtreme

AI level

Unread postby ryujin » September 9th, 2008, 11:21 am

In theory... they should be around Lv. 10 (based on Survival Mode) but if you watched the videos that I made... they seem more than Lv. 10 (that's why I mark them as "supposedly")
Actually if you compared them...
-I can kill an army of Lv. 10 in Survival Mode.
-A single AI in Online Contest Mode isn't that easy compared to Survival Mode's Lv. 10 AIs.
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Re: AI level

Unread postby ViperXtreme » September 9th, 2008, 3:45 pm

ryujin wrote:In theory... they should be around Lv. 10 (based on Survival Mode) but if you watched the videos that I made... they seem more than Lv. 10 (that's why I mark them as "supposedly")
Actually if you compared them...
-I can kill an army of Lv. 10 in Survival Mode.
-A single AI in Online Contest Mode isn't that easy compared to Survival Mode's Lv. 10 AIs.

Watched it, but i can't really compare unless i faced em a lot, since i usually get killed when lvl 10/9 AI in survival destroys me quick >_>
Need more practice lol, but i don't play much since i have lot's o stuff to do. I only play when i have some freetime...

also there are times that the buttons in multiplayer lobby won't respond? like what happened last time...
ViperXtreme

Re: Online Contest Mode lobby's buttons (long >_>)

Unread postby ryujin » September 9th, 2008, 5:42 pm

ViperXtreme wrote:also there are times that the buttons in multiplayer lobby won't respond? like what happened last time...

Yes, and I thought I was the only one experiencing that problem :o , it seems that it is also bugged... when that happens, I usually go out of the room and create another server. :wink:
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Return to WindomXP Chat