Online?

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Online?

Unread postby Synth » August 21st, 2008, 2:41 am

i just got this game and Im really interested in the online feature and so i was wondering if there was a room type thing where you can join to fight others or is the IP Address the only way?
Synth
Totally hardly posted

Re: Online?

Unread postby ryujin » August 21st, 2008, 12:00 pm

Synth wrote:I was wondering if there was a room type thing where you can join to fight others or is the IP Address the only way?

In order to join a room type thing to fight others, IP address is the only way whether it be LAN or net.

If you want to test your skills against a specific mech (piloted by an AI), you can set up your own server by running the "Setup game server" and entering your own IP address in the Online contest mode.
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

LAN or Net?

Unread postby gorvaxthebeast » September 11th, 2008, 8:48 pm

Ok first off I would like to say thanks for the guys here at mirrormoon for translating this game it's very fun and addicting. I would like to know if anyone else has been able to play over a LAN on this game but not over the net, because I was playing this at my house with my friend on my LAN, but I tried playing against him when he is at his place, altough he says my server is not connected, it works when he is here, any suggestions?
gorvaxthebeast
Totally hardly posted

Re: LAN or Net?

Unread postby ryujin » September 11th, 2008, 9:05 pm

When both of you were playing at your house - you're using the LAN [LAN IP]
But if your friend is at his house and wants to connect to you - you should give him your [net IP] you can find it out by visiting this site http://www.whatismyip.com/

I think your problem was... you gave your friend the LAN IP... not the net IP, since the Area Network is no longer Local, it's now considered as net.

Hope this helps... :wink:
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby gorvaxthebeast » September 11th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Oh snap thats true I gave him my IP that I got from going into cmd and ipconfig
thanks man!
gorvaxthebeast
Totally hardly posted

Re: LAN or Net?

Unread postby gorvaxthebeast » September 11th, 2008, 9:15 pm

I can make a server with my IP and join it but my friend can't do I keep my IP to keep the game server up and just give him my net IP?
gorvaxthebeast
Totally hardly posted

Return to WindomXP Chat