"Hidden" stage /settings for extremely low quality

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

"Hidden" stage /settings for extremely low quality

Unread postby ryujin » August 19th, 2008, 8:30 pm

I like to call this stage, "White Rain" (the opposite of the name of stage 2 - "Black Rain.") It's stage 2 but the ground / floor looks like snow -- pure white.

Note: [This image was not edited]

-I call it "hidden" (in heavy quotation) because of the fact that it is hidden. You won't be able to see this stage if you just enter numerical values within the limit / range of the startup window. (example: texture 0 = maximum, 3 = minimum)

Okay, I know what you're thinking of right now... like "How did he do that? / How do I do that?" or "Is that possible?"

So if you're curious or whatever you are... you can reveal this stage (I'd like to say unlock but unfortunately it's not locked :o ) by doing this:
-In the startup window of Bootfighter Windom, put "-1" (that's right, negative one) in the texture quality.

Note: This is the extremely low quality / texture of bootfighter.

WARNING: Putting in -2, -3, and so on... will cause the program to crash (one-time)

-Alright, that's it for revealing the "hidden" stage. (can't seem to find a more suitable word for it :? ) [and also, the word "hidden" seems to stir curiosity :o ]
-The stages 1 and 4 also look whitish but I chose stage 2 - Black Rain as the subject because the opposite color of the stage is white, hence, "White Rain".
-And for me, it's the most tolerable stage in lowest quality among the rest.

As for the lowest settings...

Some of you may know that (3) is the minimum number for the texture quality but unfortunately it's not :o

I tried to play around with the settings and found out that:
-1 is the lowest quality in the game, if you're extremely desperate you can use this.

Okay, if you already saw the "-1" quality (lowest) but didn't like it, you can also try the 2nd lowest in the game (8).
These are samples of texture quality "8."

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Alright, that's it for now, if you ever discover something new regarding texture quality, feel free to post it here. :)
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby D4rks0ul » August 19th, 2008, 9:23 pm

Lol funny ^^ ill try this in Blitz Mode maybe it wont lag then, thx :P

Mfg DS

EDIT: hehe, tryed it, it wasnt lagging extremly but it was still lagging, but it was playable, i now know why it lags ^^ when i picked up a summon ticket about 10-15 bots spawned over me and the lagging began... can that be fixed >.>?
T?F & BluB
D4rks0ul
Might just like this board

Even extremely low texture can't cure the Blitz disease

Unread postby ryujin » August 19th, 2008, 9:43 pm

D4rks0ul wrote:I now know why it lags ^^ when i picked up a summon ticket about 10-15 bots spawned over me and the lagging began... can that be fixed >.>?

I can't answer that but I do hope it gets fixed in the next update. :roll:

It goes to show that even on extremely low texture quality, the "bug" factor still dominates in the "Blitz disease." :o
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby D4rks0ul » August 19th, 2008, 10:34 pm

Well but its still fun to play with the 8 Option ^^ i love these simple 3D looks :P like a fresh game that just got made ^^

Mfg DS
T?F & BluB
D4rks0ul

Unread postby mitsuki » August 19th, 2008, 10:59 pm

The Black Selena looks awesome in that pose :o
The only things that are missing are falling snow flakes and a snowman :D (and don't forget Selena's winter hat)
mitsuki
Totally hardly posted

teh grenade looks like a snow ball

Unread postby GReeN Reaper » August 20th, 2008, 4:48 pm

mitsuki wrote:The only things that are missing are falling snow flakes and a snowman

Teh grenade looks like a snow ball. :o Do you want meh to make you a snowman grenade? :wink:
GReeD is bad; GReeN is good. - GReeN Reaper
GReeN Reaper

Return to WindomXP Chat