Blitz Tactics Mode bug/lag (version 1.030)

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Do you encounter epic or mysterious lag in Blitz Tactics Mode? (version 1.030)

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 28

Blitz Tactics Mode bug/lag (version 1.030)

Unread postby ryujin » August 16th, 2008, 9:08 am

Looks like some people here are getting lag issues about the Blitz Tactics Mode (ver. 1.030) and only a few people dare to speak out... so I'll spill it for the ones who can't speak out.

Here's some people that made me wonder if the "phenomenon" really occurs...

Atvaark wrote:... i never got any lag even in the biggest blitz modes. but ever since 1.030 came out, i've been getting some major framerate issues during big shootouts in blitz.

Sabator wrote:...and everything worked great (apart from blitz tactics mode lagging like hell)

-after reading those comments, I wondered and thought that the Blitz Tactics Mode was fine, but I forgot that the recent patch (1.030) might have changed it a little... so I thought to my self (why not try it, to prove it?)

This is the video I made about the "lag/bug" issue: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15587261bpng9SAk it is 5 minutes+ long and a bit a large too (about 260MB)
As you can see there are parts wherein it is smooth and there are parts wherein it lags mysteriously.

I disabled the shader to make it fast (the shader is a major factor). Texture is 0 (high). Making the texture lower would result into a horrible quality.

BTW, I can run Crysis at full settings with no problems compared to this :o . So making the texture lower wouldn't help pretty much either. :wink:
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby LavaBall » August 16th, 2008, 3:35 pm

I encounter lag because of too many objects at once, Even if I put all the effects at low it will still lag otherwise I can run Doom 3 and Far Cry 1 with full settings (At 1024x768 It is the regular resolution I use) Just fine.

I play survivor mode with full/max settings and it doesn't lag so it's only in blitz and team mode so I vote a yes.
LavaBall
Addict

Unread postby Break » August 16th, 2008, 10:12 pm

Windom was never the best-optimized game out there, though it seemed to hit its peak with 1.028, where I could actually play Blitz Tactics. Now, I get so much lag that it turns the game into a slideshow.

Apparently some other problems cropped up during the patch, as one of my friends (and, notably, a couple of others on the board) are complaining of wonky, disabled controls that can't be fixed by changing them up. It's really strange, and I hope this gets fixed with the next release.
Sapere aude.
Break
Addict

It's not blitz anymore

Unread postby GReeN Reaper » August 17th, 2008, 6:30 am

Looks like it's not Blitz anymore :? Teh first time I played was version 1.028 but I haven't tried teh Blitz Mode at that time yet. And then I updated to 1.030, I read this post and tried teh Blitz Mode, everything was fine until I reached teh enemy battleship. Teh lag was... [cannot be described by a word] :x

Oh... and LOL @
Zero umbrella
:o
GReeD is bad; GReeN is good. - GReeN Reaper
GReeN Reaper
Might just like this board

Unread postby D4rks0ul » August 17th, 2008, 7:37 am

I played Blitz Tactics Mode on v 1.020 , it went perfectly without any lags even on Highest Detail, then i patched up to 1.030 and now it lags the shit out of my Computer :roll:

I hope the next Patch will fix that

Mfg DS
D4rks0ul

Unread postby tr3v0r » October 15th, 2008, 1:50 am

Woo and I thought it was just my com, seems like other people out there have the problem too. I thought it would help lowering the Quality and disabling shaders, but I still felt the epic lag >.<

I kind of get the same lag too in Survival Mode, when I play Stage 4 too, it's kind of the same problem as in Blitz mode, wonder if anybody has this problem too.

Really hope it gets fix in the next patch.

Btw ryujin, your Orange Jeremiah character is nice, lol.

Do you mind sharing them >.< , would really like some Code Geass character like Orange,Zero or C.C to spice up the game.
tr3v0r
Totally hardly posted

Stage 4

Unread postby ryujin » October 16th, 2008, 12:07 am

I kind of get the same lag too in Survival Mode, when I play Stage 4 too, it's kind of the same problem as in Blitz mode, wonder if anybody has this problem too.

Actually, when I installed a certain version of Bootfighter in my Windows Vista (I don't remember if it's the plain 1.030 or 1.030a :? ) I encountered something.

-If it lagged like hell, then it probably happened to you.

Here's what it is:
-An enemy mech dies in Survival Mode (stage 4) [okay, we all know that there should be 2 active enemy mechs, right?] but unfortunately there is a bug that prevents one of the 2 mechs from respawning... so basically, it's a one-on-one combat... well that sounds great :o BUT it will lag like hell :x

Really hope it gets fix in the next patch.

We all do. :D

Btw ryujin, your Orange Jeremiah character is nice, lol.

Do you mind sharing them >.< , would really like some Code Geass character like Orange,Zero or C.C to spice up the game.

Well... ever since I started playing Bootfighter, I started making pilots... and there was a time when playing Bootfighter + watching Code Geass (season 1 + a few episodes of season 2)collide.
So I made quite a few of them actually... namely:
-C.C.
-Clovis
-Cornelia
-Cyborg Orange
-Euphie (*nyaaa~nyaaa* cute like a cat :) )
-Euphie [Berserk] (under geass, yeah, she's bloody euphie! :twisted: )
-Kallen Kouzuki (black knights)
-Kallen Stadtfeld (ashford student)
-Lelouch (gentle brother)
-Lloyd (yeah, lloyd! *OOO~MEE~DE~TOOOOO!* :P )
-Mao (*clap clap*)
-Nunnally (what's more embarrassing :oops: than a little blind princess owning someone :o )
-Rolo (*Brother!~*)
-Suzaku
-V.V.

And some of which that I was not able to continue: :(
-Charles (*All hail Britannia!* :x )
-Evil Lelouch (yes, evil lelouch without his mask :twisted: )
-Schneizel
-Xingke
-Zero
and others...

If you're wondering why most of them are from Season 1, it's mainly because I started making pilots when Season 2 (up to Episode 3 or something :? ) was just newly released.

It's just unfortunate that most of them (no, maybe all of them) are kept in my brother's HDD (hard disk drive) due to the reformatting process of my PC. :(
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby nobaka » October 16th, 2008, 1:52 am

I also get lag in Team Battle mode, although I think that's mostly due to EVERY GODDAMN MECH SCREAMING ALL THE TIME.

Is there any way to get them to shut up? Besides killing them, I mean.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby SavKun » October 16th, 2008, 2:03 am

I get lag in Tag and Blitz, and my computer can handle most games at High level graphic quality. Its really quite frustrating because I've never been able to play these modes because of it.
--> http://turquoisegrotto.com/forums/ <--
Visit TG for all your Bootfighter/UK Windom Needs! Characters, BGMs, Soundpacks, and more!

If you have any requests, feel free to PM me~!
SavKun

Summary

Unread postby ryujin » October 16th, 2008, 4:54 am

Okay, to sum it all up...

Bootfighter Windom ver. 1.030
-Survival Mode (Stage 4) - Respawn Bug [slow-mo and irritating] :x
-Team Battle Mode - Unknown Bug [a bit laggy than other versions, somehow tolerable / playable] :?
-Blitz Tactics Mode - Battleship Area Bug [epic lag] :evil:

Overall, I highly suggest that if you can't stand 1.030, you should download 1.028 for the meantime. :wink:

Here's the thread viewtopic.php?t=2208
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Re: Stage 4

Unread postby tr3v0r » October 16th, 2008, 8:47 am

ryujin wrote:

-C.C.
-Clovis
-Cornelia
-Cyborg Orange
-Euphie (*nyaaa~nyaaa* cute like a cat :) )
-Euphie [Berserk] (under geass, yeah, she's bloody euphie! :twisted: )
-Kallen Kouzuki (black knights)
-Kallen Stadtfeld (ashford student)
-Lelouch (gentle brother)
-Lloyd (yeah, lloyd! *OOO~MEE~DE~TOOOOO!* :P )
-Mao (*clap clap*)
-Nunnally (what's more embarrassing :oops: than a little blind princess owning someone :o )
-Rolo (*Brother!~*)
-Suzaku
-V.V.

And some of which that I was not able to continue: :(
-Charles (*All hail Britannia!* :x )
-Evil Lelouch (yes, evil lelouch without his mask :twisted: )
-Schneizel
-Xingke
-Zero
and others...

If you're wondering why most of them are from Season 1, it's mainly because I started making pilots when Season 2 (up to Episode 3 or something :? ) was just newly released.

It's just unfortunate that most of them (no, maybe all of them) are kept in my brother's HDD (hard disk drive) due to the reformatting process of my PC. :(

Woa, that's more then I anticipated, really great job there, I thought you only had a few o.O . aww but it's really sad, wanted to try it out. Can't wait to try Nunnally Owning o.O

Seeing the list makes me excited just by the looks of it. I was thinking of doing a few Death Note Characters after the examinations though like Light,L,Misa, Ryu etc..
tr3v0r
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atvaark » October 21st, 2008, 7:10 am

I'm crying. seriously. 2 geforce 8800 ultra in sli can't handle blitz battle. with a quad core processor and 8gb ram. not my computer, but i was curious so went to a friend's house that's a freak of nature when it comes to pc's...

windom bootfighter wins the award for the new most graphical intensive game ever. he runs crysis at 60 fps constant. this basically was a frame by frame. let's not talk about my 8600 gt then.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ryujin » October 22nd, 2008, 4:23 pm

Atvaark wrote:windom bootfighter wins the award for the new most graphical intensive game ever.

It looks like even the fastest PC ever wouldn't be able to handle Bootfighter's Blitz Tactics Mode. :lol:
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Return to WindomXP Chat