Bootfighter Guide Wiki Page

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Break » November 5th, 2008, 7:30 am

Right, you're going to run out of mobility far before the ship runs out of weapon gauge. It till doesn't change the fact that you're never going to see the Genocide in netplay, though. =P

Past that, any disagreements or changes needed to the tier list above before I post it in the page?
Sapere aude.
Break
Addict

Unread postby Rockfire » November 7th, 2008, 12:21 am

I don't have anything wrong with it, but statistics count for jack in actual battle. As someone said before, its not about the mecha, but who's the better pilot.
Ultimate Knight Project(s):
SFX: Gundam Overload V2.4
Pilot(s): Leo Stenbuck, Dingo Egret.
Rockfire
Might just like this board

Unread postby Break » November 7th, 2008, 2:40 am

Rockfire wrote:I don't have anything wrong with it, but statistics count for jack in actual battle. As someone said before, its not about the mecha, but who's the better pilot.

The best pilot in the world is given cardboard armor and a peashooter. A decent one is given an actual mech to work with. You can't honestly say that statistics count for jack in such a case. Of course Bootfighter doesn't have that sort of gross imbalance, but the fact remains, some mechs are better than others.

It's the same thing with the tier list - we know player skill counts most. It does nothing to say that isn't the case. All it's saying is, these are how they rank up to start with, with player skill taken out of the equation (or with all opponents being of equal skill, or of being of theoretically maximum skill - it works out the same whichever way you slice it) - what's nearer to the peashooter end, and what's nearer the actual mechs. Or, more clearly, the higher you are, the more advantages and less disadvantages you have as compared to those lower.

That's it. It says nothing about who better pilots should play, or what would happen if pilots of variable skill were introduced, or anything like that.
Sapere aude.
Break
Addict

Unread postby Rockfire » November 7th, 2008, 12:33 pm

The best pilot in the world is given cardboard armor and a peashooter. A decent one is given an actual mech to work with. You can't honestly say that statistics count for jack in such a case.

True enough, But I still hold to what I said; As there's plenty of evidence to support my theory's. Take the Taliban for example, they got the most useless of useless weapons available yet somehow, there still fighting back against a military that is far superior in every way shape and form.

Another example from the gundam universe this time. Graham Aker managed to best a gundam throne, in a vary inferior mecha, and still win.

I think this quote from Austin powers 3 says it all, "its not the sizes that matters its how you use it"

Of course Bootfighter doesn't have that sort of gross imbalance, but the fact remains, some mechs are better than others.

Well, NSS.

It's the same thing with the tier list - we know player skill counts most. It does nothing to say that isn't the case. All it's saying is, these are how they rank up to start with, with player skill taken out of the equation (or with all opponents being of equal skill, or of being of theoretically maximum skill - it works out the same whichever way you slice it) - what's nearer to the peashooter end, and what's nearer the actual mechs. Or, more clearly, the higher you are, the more advantages and less disadvantages you have as compared to those lower.

That's it. It says nothing about who better pilots should play, or what would happen if pilots of variable skill were introduced, or anything like that.

I suppose your right if you remove the pilot as an influence and just factor in the statistics of each mecha, then yes the tier system would be right.
Rockfire

Unread postby ryujin » November 7th, 2008, 4:15 pm

I have to say that the tier now is much more better than the first one. :o

Too bad we don't know how to unlock (if possible) can't use Genocide in net play :?
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby Formless » November 7th, 2008, 11:30 pm

I still stand by my genocide tier placement :P
Formless
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Break » November 13th, 2008, 1:44 am

Rockfire wrote:

I suppose your right if you remove the pilot as an influence and just factor in the statistics of each mecha, then yes the tier system would be right.

And that's literally all we're trying to convey. No more, no less.
Sapere aude.
Break
Addict

Unread postby Rikh » November 13th, 2008, 3:24 am

Break wrote:
The best pilot in the world is given cardboard armor and a peashooter. A decent one is given an actual mech to work with.

Tell that to Gundam's :)
Rikh
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Rosslyn » January 23rd, 2009, 6:59 am

Ummmm.............. I did this little edit to Cymmie's section, anyone wanna make it sound better, I just kinda found some random things out
Rosslyn

Unread postby Rockfire » January 23rd, 2009, 11:38 am

Looks like we could do with an overall update to the wiki page seeing as the new update/game is out.
Rockfire

Unread postby Rosslyn » January 23rd, 2009, 2:47 pm

I was looking back at all the Mill/98 tlk on the other pages and I rkn its time to put up individual damage stats for the weapons maybe.... we really need more contributers xD
Rosslyn

Unread postby Break » January 23rd, 2009, 11:35 pm

Rockfire wrote:Looks like we could do with an overall update to the wiki page seeing as the new update/game is out.

Made a note about that on the wiki itself. UKWXP's getting a separate page, seeing as people still play the free version and there's enough changes to the game anyway; I'll link it over once it's up.

Meanwhile, Sav and I have been working on our own Windom forum, hence our lack of activity. I still check this forum and the wiki frequently despite my lack of posting, so do toss me a PM or a post/topic referencing me if I'm needed. Instant messenger info and e-mail addresses will be given out over private messages only, if you'd prefer a more direct method of communication.
Sapere aude.
Break
Addict

Unread postby Rosslyn » January 24th, 2009, 8:43 am

Is it possible if this guide was added?

viewtopic.php?p=53765
~Posts

The Almighty Guide of Mods - viewtopic.php?p=53765

Personal Project: Linux Blur - viewtopic.php?p=53757
Rosslyn

Unread postby Break » January 24th, 2009, 9:10 am

It might not be a bad idea to start up a wiki for Windom in general if we're to add such guides, but as it stands, the wiki page is simply for gameplay strategies.
Sapere aude.
Break
Addict

Unread postby jezer0 » January 24th, 2009, 9:15 am

Besides Gameplay strategies, there's a wiki page for Windom pilots too.

Now if we can link the Gameplay, Pilots and if possible, mech modding... that will be a complete Windom XP wiki
"Leisure time is best; After a difficult test; Please give me some rest."

~jezer0
jezer0
Addict

Unread postby Break » January 24th, 2009, 9:42 am

I request that such things be taken elsewhere. The page itself is extremely cluttered as is, and it's actually fairly easy to register a new Wiki page on EditThis. I'd prefer for the page to stick to its purpose.

I may register a full wiki on WikiSpaces or something to bring everything together, but for now, the linked page should just remain a battle guide.
Sapere aude.
Break
Addict

Unread postby jezer0 » January 24th, 2009, 10:19 am

Alright.
"Leisure time is best; After a difficult test; Please give me some rest."

~jezer0
jezer0
Addict

Previous

Return to WindomXP Chat