Graphics issue

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Graphics issue

Unread postby sterno » August 4th, 2008, 11:56 am

I found this game doing some searches for a similar mecha combat game. I saw it and I had to play it. So I downloaded the installer, installed it onto my system, and loaded it. I tried playing but I noticed the graphics were messed up, and I checked the readme file to see if I was below spec on hardware. I was not(Geforce 6100 w/128MB, 2ghz AMD and 1GB ram). I was wondering if anyone had similar issues or what I need to do to get this running properly.
sterno
Totally hardly posted

Re: Graphics issue

Unread postby Raitei » August 4th, 2008, 11:59 am

sterno wrote:I found this game doing some searches for a similar mecha combat game. I saw it and I had to play it. So I downloaded the installer, installed it onto my system, and loaded it. I tried playing but I noticed the graphics were messed up, and I checked the readme file to see if I was below spec on hardware. I was not(Geforce 6100 w/128MB, 2ghz AMD and 1GB ram). I was wondering if anyone had similar issues or what I need to do to get this running properly.
it's not an issue of your own specs; the game's always like that when you're trying to play in high resolution. try reducing the graphics to "normal", or "low".
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby sterno » August 4th, 2008, 2:16 pm

I tired all settings, and the result was the same. Thanks for the help though. Maybe if I provide some screencaps?

gameplay
menu
bot select

Maybe someone has an answer. I really want to play this.
Last edited by sterno on August 4th, 2008, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sterno
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » August 4th, 2008, 2:36 pm

sterno wrote:I tired all settings, and the result was the same. Thanks for the help though. Maybe if I provide some screencaps?

gameplay
menu
bot select

Maybe someone has an answer. I really want to play this.
hmm, your problem seems a bit... different, somehow. did you check the "use shader" option? that might be the problem why the gameplay screenshot is like that. but regarding the main menu and mech selection, it seemed a bit... darker than usual.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby sterno » August 4th, 2008, 2:56 pm

I tried "do not use shader" both checked and unchecked.

The menu and selection images actually blink, I tried to snap a screen when something was at least visible. By visible I mean what you see in the shot.
sterno
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Agent556 » August 4th, 2008, 11:43 pm

try updating your video card drivers
Agent556
Might just like this board

Unread postby sterno » August 30th, 2008, 2:44 am

They are up to date. I checked for drivers from the mfc and found I had everything up to date already.
sterno
Totally hardly posted

Re: Graphics Issue

Unread postby ryujin » August 30th, 2008, 3:40 am

Another system requirement is
Graphics Card: DirectX9.0

Check your DirectX version and try updating it.
Checkmate.
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby sterno » September 3rd, 2008, 2:43 am

I already have directx9c. The most recent release. August 2008.
sterno
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » September 3rd, 2008, 8:43 am

sterno wrote:They are up to date. I checked for drivers from the mfc and found I had everything up to date already.

mfc? What is that? If you ment the manufacturer, then you are looking in the WRONG place. The newest drivers from nVidia are 175.19 for the GeForce 6 series. You never state what version of Forceware (if you are even running Forceware.. it is possible to still be using Detonator on hardware that old) you are using. The GeForce 6100 is an integrated graphics card, so that means you also have nVidia chipset drivers you can make sure are up-to-date
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Re: Graphics issue

Unread postby sterno » August 30th, 2009, 12:51 am

Well that solution worked for a while and I hadn't played since yet made a few updates to the nvidia drivers. The nforce drivers however were not updated as I couldn't find anything more up to date other than what TheXev provided me. Should I roll back to 175 from 190? Or is there a better solution?

TheXev wrote: You never state what version of Forceware (if you are even running Forceware.. it is possible to still be using Detonator on hardware that old) you are using.

nforce 405
sterno
Totally hardly posted

Return to WindomXP Chat