Survival Mode can be annoying

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Survival Mode can be annoying

Unread postby Gouki Shinkou » August 1st, 2008, 3:32 am

Who here agrees that Survival Mode is annoying? It gets annoying when I get hit from behind or out of no where from another mech while fighting one. It's also annoying when your two AI enemies are Type-Bs.
Gouki Shinkou
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 21
Joined: June 11th, 2008, 8:46 pm

Unread postby LavaBall » August 2nd, 2008, 5:38 am

I disagree for me it is the best mode as it doesn't lag and it is big fun too, It is a good time waster and I got to atleast 20 score top.
LavaBall
Addict
 
Posts: 67
Joined: April 1st, 2008, 9:46 am
Location: Malta

Annoying?

Unread postby ryujin » August 2nd, 2008, 10:45 am

Annoying? This is Sparta! :)
(sorry about that, I just couldn't help myself, and yes, I know, sad to say this isn't really Sparta =] )

Well... based on my experience Online Competition Mode (depends on playmates) would be more annoying than Survival Mode.

Look here, if it's a 2 on 2 and 2 of them gangs up on you (completely ignoring your teammate) that's annoying, much worse if it's a 3 on 3 and 3 of them picks on you (that would be WTF-annoying and so-on) you would be pretty much annoyed (pissed off) but it's their strategy.
User avatar
ryujin
Addict
 
Posts: 117
Joined: June 21st, 2008, 1:15 pm
Location: Dragon Empire

Unread postby jezer0 » August 2nd, 2008, 11:34 am

Annoying? This is Sparta!


LOL! But it's more of "ANNOYING? THIS-IS-WINDOM !!!" *then does the BlackSelena bicycle kick*
But really. Two missile-massacre carrying mechs would prove their annoyance, but without one of them, there would be no meaning to Survival Mode anymore :wink:
"Leisure time is best; After a difficult test; Please give me some rest."

~jezer0
User avatar
jezer0
Addict
 
Posts: 79
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 3:57 pm
Location: In front of the Blue Screen of Death !!!

Just tried 1.030

Unread postby ryujin » August 2nd, 2008, 3:41 pm

Speaking of missile-massacre....



-just tried the latest version, 1.030, and Practice Mode rocks :o :)

@Gouki Shinkou

It looks like you're using Black Comb in Survival Mode :idea: , that's why you're annoyed with the missile boys, am I right? :?:

I think that the Black Comb's worst enemy IS the Whistler Type-B due to the fact that the Black Comb's (guard) beam reflect will be ineffective in the battle since ALL of the Type-B's attacks are live ammunitions. (correct me if I'm wrong :wink: )
User avatar
ryujin
Addict
 
Posts: 117
Joined: June 21st, 2008, 1:15 pm
Location: Dragon Empire

Unread postby LavaBall » August 2nd, 2008, 5:51 pm

Yes but his enemies are also the machine gun bots like Windom 98 And so.
LavaBall
Addict
 
Posts: 67
Joined: April 1st, 2008, 9:46 am
Location: Malta

teh worst, he says

Unread postby GReeN Reaper » August 3rd, 2008, 7:40 am

LavaBall wrote:Yes but his enemies are also the machine gun bots like Windom 98 And so.


-He's pointing out that teh Type-B is teh worst amongst teh other enemies :idea: ...

ryujin wrote:I think that the Black Comb's worst enemy IS the Whistler Type-B
User avatar
GReeN Reaper
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 32
Joined: July 24th, 2008, 10:39 am
Location: Area 98

Re: Just tried 1.030

Unread postby Gouki Shinkou » August 7th, 2008, 5:02 am

I think that the Black Comb's worst enemy IS the Whistler Type-B due to the fact that the Black Comb's (guard) beam reflect will be ineffective in the battle since ALL of the Type-B's attacks are live ammunitions. (correct me if I'm wrong :wink: )

Type-B isn't the Black Comb's worst enemy, the Cymbi and XP SP-3 are. Sure the beam reflect is inaffective against missiles, but they are avoidable. The Cymbi and XP SP-3 however can just slash the Black Comb and not let it move at all since it lacks a shield. It's melee is also slow, meaning being too close to the 2 mechs would be suicidal. The Type-B simply is a worst enemy when not in 1-on-1 because they snipe, then again this gets everyone too. I am on vacation so I haven't tried 1.030 yet but hope the radar helps me when determining what attack is hitting me.
Gouki Shinkou
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 21
Joined: June 11th, 2008, 8:46 pm

Re: Just tried 1.030

Unread postby Break » August 7th, 2008, 9:31 am

Gouki Shinkou wrote:Type-B isn't the Black Comb's worst enemy, the Cymbi and XP SP-3 are. Sure the beam reflect is inaffective against missiles, but they are avoidable. The Cymbi and XP SP-3 however can just slash the Black Comb and not let it move at all since it lacks a shield. It's melee is also slow, meaning being too close to the 2 mechs would be suicidal.


You might have a point with the XP SP3, but probably not for Cymmie. It's really hard to close against a defensive BlackComb player, as he can whip out the drones to stop a coming assault and gain breathing room, or use his high-intensity laser assuming the approach is forward enough. (God, that thing is too fast and wide for its own good.) Honestly, no sane BlackComb player would be caught dead in melee.

At least XP SP3 can open it up with its drones. No such luck for Cymbidium. In either case, though, once they're in optimum range, they're stuck there.
User avatar
Break
Addict
 
Posts: 99
Joined: August 6th, 2008, 1:00 am
Location: incomplete without surface noise

From combs to whistles...

Unread postby ryujin » August 7th, 2008, 10:43 am

ryujin wrote:I think that the Black Comb's worst enemy IS the Whistler Type-B due to the fact that the Black Comb's (guard) beam reflect will be ineffective in the battle since ALL of the Type-B's attacks are live ammunitions.

-In this aspect, the Whistler-B is called "worst" because:

1. The Black Comb won't be able to defend against missiles and bazookas because he doesn't have a shield. (I'm not saying that he can't avoid them) :wink:
2. All of Whistler-B's attacks are live ammo's -- meaning they won't reflect via shielding.
3. If you're thinking of using the twin anti-warship beam laser (saber) against the Whistler-B, that won't pretty much do either since his bazooka's accuracy is greater at close range. (If you ever experienced something like this, "You are using the Black Comb then you try to slash the Whistler-B but he successfully guards it, then automatically counters you with his bazooka on your face :o ."

Gouki Shinkou wrote:Type-B isn't the Black Comb's worst enemy, the Cymbi and XP SP-3 are.

-Well, in the aspect of close combat (melee) / swordfight, that would probably be right.

Sure the beam reflect is inaffective against missiles, but they are avoidable.

-I think almost all long range attacks are avoidable, if not all of them. :D
The next thing to do instead of dodging would be shielding or defensive attacking (destroying incoming projectiles)

The Cymbi and XP SP-3 however can just slash the Black Comb and not let it move at all since it lacks a shield.

-This would depend on strategy / tactics...

The Cymbi can't be Black Comb's worst enemy because of the fact that it sucks at long range. (and the Black Comb can abuse this weakness)
An alert Black Comber knows the safe distance from melee maniacs. While dual beam rifle can be of good use to fend off nearby opponents. (it hits hard too :) )
While the XP SP-3's attacks are neutral -- having both long range attacks and melee, his beam attacks / long range side would seem useless but his melee combo (getass shield + kickass sword) can get and kick a Black Comb's golden ass (if you can get in the proper range.)

Okay, the "worst" factor varies from case to case... so to sum it all up, it all depends on the situation. :D




__________________
Skills. Tactics. Ryujin.
User avatar
ryujin
Addict
 
Posts: 117
Joined: June 21st, 2008, 1:15 pm
Location: Dragon Empire

Unread postby Break » August 7th, 2008, 10:50 am

Lasers in Windom do cut through missiles, make them explode, and continue on to their original targets in the case of a collision, though. It's happened multiple times with notable frequency in bazooka-slash-laser shootouts.

It's something to keep in mind.
User avatar
Break
Addict
 
Posts: 99
Joined: August 6th, 2008, 1:00 am
Location: incomplete without surface noise


Return to WindomXP Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests