11%
Cruise Missile [Whistler]
5%
others (please specify)
21%

Total votes : 38

Favorite Charged Attack (EX)

Unread postby ryujin » July 21st, 2008, 5:44 am

What is your favorite charged attack at FULL POWER ? (assuming 5 EX gauges are consumed):

*Edit: Please take note that...

As stated in the MS-98's weaponry:
Grenade = 1 Grenade
Grenade (Single Shot) = 5 Grenades

Only 9 poll options are available...so I put the (All Range Attack, MIRV, Trap Laser, Crazy Ball, etc.) into a single option called "Others."
Last edited by ryujin on July 21st, 2008, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby Raitei » July 21st, 2008, 6:03 am

I'd say... whistler windom xp's and windom xp type b's mirv. much more devastating than cruise missiles at full power.

on a different side note, vista's high intensity lasers are utterly useless at long range; the accuracy is so poor that you don't even need to dodge. :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Cruise Missile vs. MIRV

Unread postby ryujin » July 21st, 2008, 6:45 am

Raitei wrote:I'd say... whistler windom xp's and windom xp type b's mirv. much more devastating than cruise missiles at full power.

I'd say the MIRV deals more damage due to the fact that one cruise missile is enough to knock-down any mecha, there won't be any chance to see how powerful 2 cruise missiles hitting a single mecha at the same time.

I was wondering, if at full power, which of the 2 (MIRV / Cruise Missile) would deal greater damage to a battleship. I haven't tried it yet. Have you? :?: That might be the answer to the question. :)
ryujin
Addict

My Top 3

Unread postby ryujin » July 21st, 2008, 7:24 am

It's very difficult to choose... so I decided to post my Top 3.

Here goes...

1. Anthurium's Full Power Buster Launcher - the buster launcher is quite addictive, I usually use it as a MAP attack in Blitz Tactics and Team Battle. Its power is so devastating that the damage it does to the battleship is pretty noticeable.

(note: the battleship's damage was not caused solely by the Full Power Buster Launcher, it was already damaged by other attacks)

2. MS-98's Fully Charged Grenades (25 Pissed off :x grenades) - like I said in jezer0's thread, "at FULL POWER, the 5 grenades becomes an army of grenades (25 pissed off :x grenades coming at you) these fellas can kick 4 or more mech asses in their way. :x :x :x "

3. Iris' Insane Magic Circles - see for yourself... :o

ryujin
Addict

Re: Cruise Missile vs. MIRV

Unread postby Raitei » July 21st, 2008, 8:42 am

ryujin wrote:I'd say the MIRV deals more damage due to the fact that one cruise missile is enough to knock-down any mecha, there won't be any chance to see how powerful 2 cruise missiles hitting a single mecha at the same time.

I was wondering, if at full power, which of the 2 (MIRV / Cruise Missile) would deal greater damage to a battleship. I haven't tried it yet. Have you? :?: That might be the answer to the question. :)
even at full power, cruise missiles are only capable of knocking down lower level mecha such as the 98. you've yet to see a full power, rain of mirvs. capable to destroy 2 mechs at once, if they are close to each other. try it; satisfaction guaranteed. ;)

edit : @ ryujin : told you, didn't I? ;)
oh yeah, just remembered something that makes mirv even more flawless if compared to cruise missiles : recoil time. when you launched mirv, you don't even recoil, whereas cruise missiles... you know. :)
Last edited by Raitei on July 21st, 2008, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby Agent556 » July 21st, 2008, 8:51 am

blackcomb's all-range attack at 5 EX. lots and lots of laser spam.

otherwise my next two are iris circle and 98's... massive grenadespam at 5 EX at point blank range
Agent556
Might just like this board

MIRV wins

Unread postby ryujin » July 21st, 2008, 10:15 am

@Raitei

I just tried it, MIRV wins! :)

-good thing I put the "others" option though, I knew it was coming... I listed down all of the possible EX attacks (including Crazy Ball, All Range Attack, MIRV, Beam Rifle Rapid Fire, etc.) however, only 9 options were allowed for the poll (too bad :( )
ryujin
Addict

top 3 faves

Unread postby mitsuki » July 21st, 2008, 10:48 am

some of you might think that I'm weird but I like to charge up 5 EX gauges for the Trap Laser :shock: I usually do it in team battle and blitz tactics and whenever there are 3 or more enemies, the next would be the High Intensity Laser of Black Comb (ofcourse black comb is my favorite ^.^) -- I am a certified Black Comber :o , and the last would be SP1's Plasma Spread Laser.. that's all :wink:
mitsuki
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby jezer0 » July 21st, 2008, 2:28 pm

#1 would be the ms-98's multi-grenades!!! No need to explain. Someone already did. :D

#2 is windom xp's Macross Missile Massacre (either the Spread Missile or the MIRV). Umm someone already explained it too :wink:

#3 I don't use this but it's quite threatening... fully-charged funnels/dragoons. One won't expect that the bits would fire multiple times in one launch.
"Leisure time is best; After a difficult test; Please give me some rest."

~jezer0
jezer0
Addict

Unread postby ryujin » July 21st, 2008, 4:41 pm

@jezer0

I thought your #1 was the MS-98's Grenade (single shot), how come it has no votes (0)

As stated in the MS-98's weaponry:
Grenade = 1 Grenade
Grenade (Single Shot) = 5 Grenades
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby jezer0 » July 21st, 2008, 11:41 pm

@ryujin:

I thought Grenade (Single Shot) throws only one grenade uncharged... so my vote went down to "Others". Sorry ^_^;
"Leisure time is best; After a difficult test; Please give me some rest."

~jezer0
jezer0
Addict

Unread postby ryujin » July 21st, 2008, 11:50 pm

@jezer0

that's ok, people make mistakes :)
ryujin
Addict

Re: My Top 3

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 22nd, 2008, 10:43 pm

At the moment, I don't really have any particular favorite, because I haven't played the game enough to work out what I like best...

Also:
ryujin wrote:

Nightmare of Nunnally, huh?

(I've been wondering where to find scanlations of that, actually....)
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby LavaBall » July 23rd, 2008, 6:24 am

I'm a BlackComb lover, He has the best armory and so I voted for his high intensity laser full charged as it brings down any mech and damages a ship badly.
LavaBall
Addict

GRN's all-time favorite

Unread postby GReeN Reaper » July 24th, 2008, 11:49 am

ryujin wrote:MS-98's Fully Charged Grenades (25 Pissed off :x grenades) - like I said in jezer0's thread, "at FULL POWER, the 5 grenades becomes an army of grenades (25 pissed off :x grenades coming at you) these fellas can kick 4 or more mech asses in their way. :x :x :x "

I just downloaded teh game, I noticed teh green mech and tried to use it... it's teh MS 98.

The only mech I use is teh green one, only that, and no other.

The only charged attack I use obviously is teh grenade (one shot).

It's because when teh grenade (one shot) is at teh FULL POWER, when thrown awesomely, do you know what teh scouter says about its power level?
Vegeta: "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAANDD!" :P

GReeN Reaper
Might just like this board

Unread postby Gabroru » July 25th, 2008, 3:06 pm

Personaly I prefere Selena Black Linux's acrobatic shot.
It hits hard and it rock when you are being hunted down and if you miss (highly doubt it), Quickly use the funnel beam (sorry forgot the name).
Its just perfect for countering and dodging and I love it.
plus, for some strange reason I feel like this mechs attacks were based off of Char Anzambel.
Gabroru
Posting more than n00bs

funnel beam? did you mean HIL? or was it something else?

Unread postby ryujin » July 25th, 2008, 4:18 pm

Gabroru wrote:It hits hard and it rock when you are being hunted down and if you miss (highly doubt it), Quickly use the funnel beam (sorry forgot the name).

If this is what you're talking about...

Then it's the High Intensity Laser (HIL for short) :D ... if it's not... then :shock:
Last edited by ryujin on July 26th, 2008, 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby Gabroru » July 25th, 2008, 5:31 pm

it is but I was talking about how useful the charged acrobatic shot is. If I miss with the acro shot (very rare) I chain it with the HIL.
Thanks for reminding me.
Gabroru
Posting more than n00bs

It's quite interesting

Unread postby ryujin » July 26th, 2008, 5:28 pm

This is getting interesting... instead of the usual charged attacks, some people are quite unique :o

mitsuki wrote:I like to charge up 5 EX gauges for the Trap Laser.

Gabroru wrote:I was talking about how useful the charged acrobatic shot is.

From charged trap lasers to charged acrobatic shots, it's quite amusing how different people's tastes are :D .
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby Gabroru » July 26th, 2008, 10:12 pm

Everyone polishes their sword in their own way. No matter how similar a sword would look the blade is always different.
lol I have not said this line in a while.
Well everyone has theyr own taste. Besides the Acro Shot saved me alot of times especially in survival (killed 25 but killed by the MS's granade).
Gabroru
Posting more than n00bs

Next

Return to WindomXP Chat