Windom issue - words/icons keep flashing

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Windom issue - words/icons keep flashing

Unread postby ShiningZ » July 13th, 2008, 4:29 am

Hi all. I started playing windom very recently but I've encountered an issue which is very problematic for gameplay. Screenshots provided below:

As you can see, all words/icons/images + other things would disappear off the screen and reappear for a second or so before disappearing again in a never ending cycle. During actual gameplay (4th ss down) all the essentials would disappear off the screen for roughly 4-8 seconds before reappearing again for 1-2 seconds and repeating process.

The quality settings and resolution makes no difference to this problem nor does anything else on the startup window.

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before or knows of a possible solution/fix. Any help is greatly appreciated.

btw, I've had this problem before with other online games such as Cabal and DAL but no where near as severe or in need of help.
ShiningZ
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Agent556 » July 21st, 2008, 9:02 am

just noticed the thread. try updating your videocard drivers, see if that does anything...
Agent556
Might just like this board

Unread postby ShiningZ » July 21st, 2008, 10:20 am

Thanks for replying, really appreciate it.

My vidcard driver is up to date, but I am using a not-so-good onboard one. Would that possibly be the problem?
ShiningZ
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ryujin » July 21st, 2008, 10:28 am

Is your DirectX updated? atleast DirectX 9 or 10?
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby ShiningZ » July 21st, 2008, 10:30 am

Most certainly. DirectX 9 to be exact.
ShiningZ
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ryujin » July 21st, 2008, 10:39 am

hmmm.. there's an old computer in our house, we installed bootfighter on it, it is playable... but we can't see the life bar, lives, weapon energy gauge, even the score...

I think some people here might be able to help you if you post the specs of your computer :)
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby ShiningZ » July 22nd, 2008, 1:44 am

Edit: I've solved the problem by replacing the graphics card. Thank you for all those who tried to help.
ShiningZ
Totally hardly posted

Return to WindomXP Chat