realtek hi def audio bugs...

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

realtek hi def audio bugs...

Unread postby Atvaark » June 13th, 2008, 5:40 am

well, i got my new laptop and everything works fine. exept for the sound effects in windom xp. when i shoot or move, often i will get a loud distortion coming out instead. doesnt affect speech, only gun shots, sword clashes and steps. i dunno what to do anymore. i have no idea what's causing this, and my drivers are up to date. even tried previous drivers to see...no use. it distorts.this frustrates me because it only affects windom. no other games suffer it. yet at least... for the type of sound card i use, i've put it in the title. but maybe if you search ASUS C90S you'll get way more info about the laptop itself.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » June 13th, 2008, 8:00 pm

Realltek drivers are pretty easy to find. You need to find out what codec your using though. If you have the Reltek control panel in the system tray, double click on it, go to general, and you'll see "audio codec". Use that number to download the correct drivers off Realtek's site. Realtek updates their drivers about once a month...
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Atvaark » June 15th, 2008, 8:07 am

thanks. but i already have their latest drivers. sigh. it's annoying, i really enjoyed that game. temporary fix i found was to turn off sound effects and keep voice and music on. no pew pew but sunohara's voice makes it bearable..:)
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby idontknoW » June 16th, 2008, 9:13 am

ever considered lowering Hardware audio acceleration? Sometimes, decreasing the slider helps.
(it's found somewhere in the sound settings in control panel)
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atvaark » June 19th, 2008, 5:59 pm

i did. no use, i still have the problem. what annoys me the most is that it's only in this game that it happens.

*edit* fixed...it was stupid really. just had to reinstall the game... : /
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Return to WindomXP Chat