Music problem

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Music problem

Unread postby Ephidel » June 12th, 2008, 8:32 pm

Hi. I've been having this problem for a while now. It just started happening one day when I tried to play the game. I haven't changed anything relating to the game itself since long before it happened.

For some reason, the music in the game won't play at all. The music is in its folder, but it's just not working. The sound works fine, and the volume is set at max all the time. But music just won't play, and I'm not sure why. I tried patching the game, which didn't work, and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't work either. I suspect the problem is external from the game, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I have traversed the world looking for a solution to this problem but I have been hard-pressed to find anything at all. Sorry if it's been asked before, but I didn't see anything relating to it. And thanks in advance for any help.
Ephidel
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby md » June 12th, 2008, 11:53 pm

Is the music .ogg or .mp3? It needs to be .ogg.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ephidel » June 18th, 2008, 8:34 pm

Sorry, forgot about this thread for a while.

What I'm not saying does not apply solely to the "MyBgm" thing. I'm already using .oggs for that. Even the default tracks aren't playing anymore. And I know they're .oggs for sure. I haven't done anything to the preexisting music at all, so I don't know what the problem is.
Ephidel
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ephidel » July 25th, 2008, 1:55 am

I'm still having a problem with this, a month later. I once again forgot about this thread, but nothing's changed since then. The sound effects are working, but not even the default music is working. Everything is at full volume. Any ideas?
Ephidel
Totally hardly posted

teh music problem?

Unread postby GReeN Reaper » July 25th, 2008, 2:53 am

You say that only teh sounds play but teh music does not? Teh sound files are .wav while teh music files are .ogg

Am not sure about this but maybe your computer does not recognize .ogg files, try downloading .ogg codecs -- just try this, but am not quite sure.... well there's no harm in trying , aye? :o
GReeN Reaper
Might just like this board

Unread postby erazkan » July 29th, 2008, 7:25 am

Personnally, I converted the music files to mp3 before placing them in the CD folder, and it works perfectly. Maybe it's like GReeN Reaper said, a codec problem...
erazkan
Totally hardly posted

Return to WindomXP Chat