Problems with the game

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Problems with the game

Unread postby Kurokaze » June 4th, 2008, 10:16 pm

Hi, I was reading this forum the other day on stuff about Fate/Stay Night, and I noticed this game, which I really came to find really entertaining, the problem is, I can't seem to connect to any server. Every server says (Not connected) when I type the IP and press Login. Does anyone have any ideas about what it might be? Maybe something related to port configurations, my router seems to be kinda "bossy" lately and doesn't allow much connections.

Thanks in advance,
Kurokaze

PS: I've read the readme, says I need to open some ports if I wanna host, does this apply as well to joining a game? Or only for hosting?
Kurokaze
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby priere » June 5th, 2008, 12:05 pm

I suspected firewall. Did you use any firewall?

CMIIW, the port need to open both for joining and hosting
priere
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kurokaze » June 5th, 2008, 5:21 pm

priere wrote:I suspected firewall. Did you use any firewall?

Nope, no firewall. I tryed joining another server some time ago, and this time I could access to the lobby (didnt try further), but some servers I just cant connect. Are most servers not working or is it because since I Have no ports open its sort of a % chance?
Kurokaze
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Cardcaptor Raa'Shaun » June 5th, 2008, 11:04 pm

You say that you don't have a firewall but, is your computer connected directly to a cable/DSL modem or is it connected to a router? The NAT filtering in a router works as a pretty effective firewall.
If you are of the 3% of american children who has played an Armored Core game, put this in your sig.
Cardcaptor Raa'Shaun
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kurokaze » June 6th, 2008, 12:39 am

Well, no software firewall far as I know, but yes, it is indeed connected to a Router.
I'm not familiar with networking, so I don't know much. But yes, the Router mentions the firewall and such, I'm not allowed to disable it either, but I could set some prioritys, but the amount of opened ports, well, not sure if its dangerous or not, so I was wondering if there was some other way (some programs sometimes can change the ports they use, etc). Or if having these ports opened is dangerous at all...
Kurokaze
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Cardcaptor Raa'Shaun » June 7th, 2008, 12:35 am

Yes you have to forward those ports to your computer on your routers configuration page. Now, I don't know what kind of router you have but, as an example I'll show you what it looks like in my router.

If you are of the 3% of american children who has played an Armored Core game, put this in your sig.
Cardcaptor Raa'Shaun
Posting more than n00bs

Return to WindomXP Chat