Charged attacks

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Charged attacks

Unread postby Dram » May 13th, 2008, 10:07 pm

Hi I'm new, and I have a rather stupid question to ask. I can't seem to figure out how to use charge attacks.I've read the section in the manual, and maybe I'm just being stupid, but apparently it's a little bit more complicated than "holding down attack button". I can see the ex gauge doing... something, but I don't notice any difference before or during that something. I know it sounds stupid, but I kind of need this spelled out for me. Thanks in advance!

-Dram
Dram
Totally hardly posted

Re: Charged attacks

Unread postby Raitei » May 14th, 2008, 12:49 am

Dram wrote:Hi I'm new, and I have a rather stupid question to ask. I can't seem to figure out how to use charge attacks.I've read the section in the manual, and maybe I'm just being stupid, but apparently it's a little bit more complicated than "holding down attack button". I can see the ex gauge doing... something, but I don't notice any difference before or during that something. I know it sounds stupid, but I kind of need this spelled out for me. Thanks in advance!

-Dram
actually, there's not much difference between charge attacks and normal attacks. even if you charge with full ex gauge, the maximum amount of damage it will do is just 1.5 x normal damage... or so I think. I have tried it several times, and it's... just like that.

and as a side note, if you're knocked away before you release the charged attack, the ex bar will go waste, so be careful when doing that.

edit : in response to the reply below : 2000 sp-1 also makes great charge attacks. exceptionally useful when you fire off those pursuing beams, and thunder beam rifle. ;)

just don't forget to keep your distance from the enemies, tho.
Last edited by Raitei on May 14th, 2008, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby LavaBall » May 14th, 2008, 5:34 am

Charged attacks aren't as spectacular as you think, Very few attacks can be charged and most notable the all range attacks that Windom Vista, Windom BlackComb and the SP-3 Windom has an attack that makes a use of the charged attack.

BTW You can possibly score a 1-hit kill using a full-charged laser rifles/primary attack of Windom BlackComb, I did 1-hits kill with BlackCombs double laser rifle with full charged but you gotta time it right, Sometimes I missed and sometimes I hit them with 1 laser.
LavaBall
Addict

Unread postby Harsgalt » May 14th, 2008, 8:19 am

the charged attacks can be used 3 ways.

first, you carge until the first "slot" and then release , to do attacks faster , using the all range attack multiple times in a short time.

second , you can fully charge it to do alot more dmg, 1hiting people with the comb , selena or even with the vista using the high laser.

the last, you can use it to do combos in melee, though i dont use much this way and dont know any way to use it easely.
Harsgalt
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby md » May 15th, 2008, 11:17 pm

>actually, there's not much difference between charge attacks and normal attacks. even if you charge with full ex gauge, the maximum amount of damage it will do is just 1.5 x normal damage... or so I think. I have tried it several times, and it's... just like that.

You gotta try fighting an Iris that someone let get 5 ex gauge.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Harsgalt » May 16th, 2008, 7:33 am

that 1.5 with the most powerfull attack with the comb is 1 hit kill for most mechs prolly all(didnt try against another comb.)
Harsgalt
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby md » May 16th, 2008, 11:06 pm

This is what happens when a blackcomb fights a blackcomb.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Agent556 » May 16th, 2008, 11:07 pm

hm.. if you have black selena use its high intensity lasers on a blackcomb, and that blackcomb is blocking towards another blackcomb which is also blocking.. can you set up a powerful beam fence?
Agent556
Might just like this board

Unread postby jezer0 » May 17th, 2008, 3:49 am

This is what happens when a blackcomb fights a blackcomb.

Ooh, a laser tennis match? Though the laser dissipates after a while... too bad.
Also, if you target someone else, and if another mech fires a laser at you while guarding, the laser will be directed at your targetted mech!
"Leisure time is best; After a difficult test; Please give me some rest."

~jezer0
jezer0
Addict

Unread postby md » May 17th, 2008, 5:52 am

Agent556 wrote:hm.. if you have black selena use its high intensity lasers on a blackcomb, and that blackcomb is blocking towards another blackcomb which is also blocking.. can you set up a powerful beam fence?

Yes, but blackcombs don't shoot very long. It'd be better to use an anthurium.

Iris also work very well. Taka has a screenshot of an experiment to we did... wait, that was with you anyway!
Got the screencap from him
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Agent556 » May 18th, 2008, 5:16 am

yeah... poor MS-98 got blackcomb relayed iris 5 circle all concentrated on him.
Agent556
Might just like this board

Return to WindomXP Chat