2 new Windoms

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

2 new Windoms

Unread postby Ryuusoul » April 24th, 2008, 10:25 pm

Millennium R and Windom XP SP-3 were added in the update 1.022.

We have yet to implement the translation to update it to 1.022, but we will work on it when we have time.

Millennium R is Millennium with a beam rifle.

SP-3 has a few interesting traits, including a "shield throw" and a two-handed sword, which can cause some pretty heavy damage.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Agent556 » April 25th, 2008, 1:11 am

updated my windomxp with the japanese patch and wrote the names and weapons in, couldnt read the japanese though because of my unicode settings...
oh well, i already know the menu layout anyway but yeah...

Agent556
Might just like this board

Unread postby Agent556 » April 25th, 2008, 2:20 am

more images for people to enjoy... such a huge sword...

playing catch with a shield...

Agent556

Unread postby LavaBall » April 25th, 2008, 8:55 am

Millennium R Makes the Millennium completely useless, Machine guns are weak as it just fires bullets(Bullets are crap when it comes to Armored Mechs)

The Whistler SP-3 WindomXP is by far the most powerful mech in the game and my new favorite since BlackComb, If you manage to pull a full combo with it's long saber you will kill the enemy or leave him with tiny health(Reminds me of Σ BLADE from Megaman X8 which is the longest sword)
LavaBall
Addict

Unread postby Agent556 » April 25th, 2008, 1:20 pm

I wouldn't say completely useless...
Millennium-R only tosses 2 grenades at once while Millennium tosses about 5. I'd say those grenades are pretty important for that unit....
Agent556

Unread postby LavaBall » April 25th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Still he is kinda underpowered now(Then again MS98 Is completely underpowered)
LavaBall
Addict

Unread postby Depletion_Garden » April 25th, 2008, 3:12 pm

The old Millenium has a far better Crazy Ball, although I say the Beam rifle is worth having a inferior Crazy Ball. You can kinda offset that weakness by charging it up anyway, although I kinda suck at timing and using charged attacks right. Its a decent enough machine. You can dance around people with the beam rifle and toss Crazy Balls point blank into their faces. Although if done too close, you receive some feedback damage, but you deal a heck lot more than you receive.

SP-3 is kinda loco with its powerful melee attack. A single standing combo can take out a Millenium, 2K series or Linux Iris. Although it is a pretty damn long combo, and if you aren't surrounded by buildings, chances are that you're gonna get pelted at by another mech. Its probably better in multiplayer than in Survival mode. Its All Range Attack is pretty pathetic though. I found the regular FIN FANNELLL--! attacks pretty pathetic, but this one using only 3 funnels? Doesn't really do much. Its shield toss is handy though for stun locking an opponent and then using a forward melee combo to follow up. Its a great machine overall, capable of putting up a fight at range and completely dominating in melee combat. But I personally find ranged attacks more reliable, so I still prefer the XP SP-2 B(which comes with overall, more hit points if you total up its normal hit points multiplied by its number of spawns, great mileage).
Depletion_Garden
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby md » April 25th, 2008, 11:57 pm

It looks real nice, but its melee combos are loose enough you can interrupt them. Shield is silly

Inferior to a black selena or cymbidium's agility.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby md » April 26th, 2008, 4:25 pm

Beam spam and 'two handed' is inferior to precision stunning sword lasers, huge plasma extension, and endless combos.

Your shield toss is a novelty in a true fight! Nothing more!
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby LavaBall » April 26th, 2008, 6:21 pm

I've been playing with SP3 in survival and it was hard to do a full combo since most of the time(Especially since Iris Linux summons gigantic circles that fire beams)

You get hit by a beam and stops your combo, Powerful but slow.
LavaBall
Addict

Unread postby Depletion_Garden » April 27th, 2008, 12:55 am

I always found Aura Blade pretty damn useless. Cymbidium is not particular supremely fast, so you can just continuously fly away from it while pelting it with beams, although there is still Plasma Arrow to worry about I suppose which does hurt pretty bad. I can no idea why I would use Leap though. I think 2K has an unlimited combo as well for that matter, except it only works against a wall or something.
Depletion_Garden
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby LavaBall » April 27th, 2008, 5:19 am

So it's called Aura Blade, I've named it Sigma Blade in it's Robo folder, I can't read japanese and the online translators out there are crap.

The leap is useful to dodge a shot quickly or want a boost up, It's a mild defense if used right, It is faster then doing a step which makes it easier to dodge shots.
LavaBall
Addict

Unread postby nobaka » April 27th, 2008, 6:34 pm

I think they should have tossed the Leap for a new attack. Especially since the primary shot was basically transformed into a shotgun.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Depletion_Garden » April 28th, 2008, 3:02 am

It has a shotgun move now? Not that I know of...
Depletion_Garden
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby nobaka » April 29th, 2008, 2:07 am

Depletion_Garden wrote:It has a shotgun move now? Not that I know of...

Primary fire. Range is DRASTICALLY reduced. After, what, 80 meters (could be making that number up) the shot simply disappears. But if you hit, it hits a bunch of times for significant damage. The earlier in the shot you hit, the better.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Agent556 » April 29th, 2008, 5:52 am

Primary fire is sword impact since its just a short extension from the sword. It's good for shocking the enemy once youre close enough to them. After shocking, start pelting away with the sword.
Agent556

Unread postby Depletion_Garden » April 29th, 2008, 10:11 am

I guess a misinterpretation on my part. Its not a shotgun move to me unless its a spray of projectiles :P

The thing keeping Cymbidium from being top in my books is a lack of a decent ranged game. That and Aura Blade seriously doesn't do much. Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I find that the only thing its good for is mainly dropping buildings. It really sucks when the enemy is just beam rifle pelting you while flying away and away~ although you can always catch them with Plasma Arrow once they start dropping and aren't behind something.
Depletion_Garden
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby nobaka » April 29th, 2008, 5:57 pm

I just checked, you can actually hit at about 160m, although it won't do much damage.

@Depletion_Garden: I know what you mean, I think of shotguns the same way too. That's why I think of this as a shotgun, since it does more at close range.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Return to WindomXP Chat