Game wont work? Missing .dll file? Read this!

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Game wont work? Missing .dll file? Read this!

Unread postby Agent556 » April 24th, 2008, 1:03 am

Seeing as there seem to be a lot of people that are missing some sort of file out there and are starting a new thread about it, I thought it might be a good idea to create a troubleshooting thread that answers the common problems.

Cannot find d3dx9_##.dll, due to this the program cannot execute. Reinstalling the program may solve this problem.

Try (re)installing the latest DirectX.

If you download d3dx9_##.dll from some website that provides it, place it in the C:\Windows\System32 folder

Cannot find MSVCR71.dll, due to this the program cannot execute. Reinstalling the program may solve this problem.

or
Cannot find MSVCP71.dll, due to this the program cannot execute. Reinstalling the program may solve this problem.

Try (re)installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime from here or ask a friend to get you those two dll files and place them in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. If it still doesnt work, try reinstalling WindomXP.

feel free to sticky if you guys feel it may be helpful
Agent556
Might just like this board

Unread postby blackzero3 » May 31st, 2008, 5:59 pm

THIS HHELPS :D
thx man
blackzero3
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby blackzero3 » May 31st, 2008, 6:28 pm

I did it but it wont locate it :(
blackzero3
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby priere » June 3rd, 2008, 6:57 am

Try to manually register the dll using regsvr32 command

example : Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\MSVCR71.dll"
priere
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby kalark » July 8th, 2008, 9:13 am

hey I saw this game and thought it looked pretty cool :)

anywho I installed and but when I went to run it said "This Application has failed to start because of MSVCP71.DLL was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

I see you had posted a fix on this and even saying to manually register the dll once it's inside the system32 folder.

well I downloaded the dll and put it into the correct folder and even after trying to register it manually it still will not find it. I'm stumped xD
kalark
Totally hardly posted

Re: Game wont work? Missing .dll file? Read this!

Unread postby idontknoW » July 8th, 2008, 5:01 pm

Agent556 wrote:If you download d3dx9_##.dll from some website that provides it, place it in the C:\Windows\System32 folder

Alternatively, you can also place it in the same directory wherever the game is.

This post just made me realize that this forum lacks the use of an FAQ sticky (even if it's in the readme anyways) -_-
idontknoW has left this forum, that is all.
use the YM / Mail buttons if you need to contact me.
idontknoW
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nothinglast » August 28th, 2008, 1:47 pm

My problem are the same as kalark, i have try to download the "MSVCR71.dl" missing file and put it in the system32 folder and re-install the game wingdom but it won't work, does anyone know how to resolve this problem?
Thanks very much ^^
nothinglast
Totally hardly posted

Return to WindomXP Chat