Battleship Bug

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Battleship Bug

Unread postby Sandal Hat » April 2nd, 2008, 3:09 am

i've been playing some survival and some practice matches against computers and sometimes instead of being the mech i chose, i become the battleship. I dont really think this is a bug but rather a secret thing, like if you hold down a certain button or something while game is loading you get to be the battleship. So what i want to know is if any of you know how to be the battleship, like what you need to do to be it so i dont end up being it when i dont want to and can be it if i want to as well.

here's a pic of me using the battleship
Sandal Hat
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby inferno_flamex » April 2nd, 2008, 3:28 am

Wow..

This is not an april's fools joke right? Right?

Anyway.. How did u become the battleship? I mean.. Did u suddenly start in it when the game started? Or did you become the ship midway in game...
Once you become the ship, can you change back and move around as a mech pilot??
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby md » April 2nd, 2008, 4:11 am

Happened to me too, I couldn't recall doing anything strange during setup and haven't reproduced it since.

In my case, it was blackcomb on level 2 (the flat bricks with the hanging platforms.)

You just spawn as the battleship. The controls are buggy and you can kill everything pretty easy. It's not really fun.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » April 2nd, 2008, 8:29 am

You press up and hold up as you select the level, I believe. I think YSK even mentions this on his site/forums.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby TakaJun » April 2nd, 2008, 11:18 am

Ryuusoul wrote:You press up and hold up as you select the level, I believe. I think YSK even mentions this on his site/forums.

Yup. YSK does say it on his forum
TakaJun

Unread postby SteelKiller » April 3rd, 2008, 7:56 pm

This game just keeps getting better and better. i was wondering if you could be the war ship. i saw a vid on youtube where someone was playing as the war ship.
SteelKiller
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Alucard » April 3rd, 2008, 10:43 pm

it's kind of boring

only two weapons :(
Alucard
Addict

Unread postby -[J1N]- » April 4th, 2008, 12:05 pm

Alucard wrote:it's kind of boring

only two weapons :(

I'm pretty sure it's got three weapons at least. One shoots heaps of missiles at them, another shoots a pink beam, and one more is just a minigun that never hits and doesn't do a lot of damage. I really have no idea how to dive it properly xD
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Alucard » April 4th, 2008, 2:09 pm

.. what minigun?
Alucard
Addict

Unread postby Wiser Guy » April 4th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Alucard wrote:.. what minigun?

It's kind of hard to see unless the camera's in a proper angle, but subweapon #1 and #2 each fire a different set of miniguns on the ship.
Wiser Guy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby SteelKiller » April 4th, 2008, 11:20 pm

Is there a certain game mode i got to be in to play as this ship?
SteelKiller
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » April 4th, 2008, 11:26 pm

Survival mode. There's no stage select for the others... although practice mode may have it too? @_@
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ianator » April 16th, 2008, 9:33 am

Hi Guys! I just took a moment to try out the battleship, and have nailed down all the controls for you guys:

UP/DOWN: Change altitude. UP = higher, DOWN = lower.
LEFT/RIGHT: Change direction.
BOOST: Throttle up. At a certain speed, you will start using your boost energy; once you run out, you will be unable to turn or change elevation until the energy bar refills completely!
MAIN WEAPON: Throttle down. This does not fire guns - if you find yourself constantly flying backwards, there's your problem!
SUB-WEAPON: Main Cannon. It will automatically track a targeted enemy, but its shots do not home. Good when a nearby enemy has just set down on the ground, or picking stragglers off of your hull.
GUARD: Close-In Weapon Systems - the little machine guns. This one's on the central hull. Doesn't actually drain the Weapon Meter when used by itself, so it's good for laying down suppressing fire.
SPECIAL WEAPON 1: Close-In Weapon Systems - these ones are on the sides. Use it to peel off any hitchhikers.
SPECIAL WEAPON 2: Close-In Weapon Systems - mounted on the bottom. Open up with all three and you'll officially have "Enuff Dakka"!
SPECIAL WEAPON 3: Missile Swarm. A good all-around weapon, especially against enemies on the ground.

Well, that's about all. Have fun with it!

edited for up=not down, down=not up
edit2: added guard's CIWS
Last edited by Ianator on October 13th, 2008, 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ianator
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Sound » May 15th, 2008, 7:06 pm

Certin mecs can transforum. If you are this mec, you hold your jump so you start to up, then holding your foward key, and dubble tapping jump, you will start moving forward in the sky. Then press your Guard key, and you will transforum.

Also, I couldn't take using arrow keys, so I use wasd keys, much easier.
Sound
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Agent556 » May 16th, 2008, 6:58 am

guard on the battleship fires the CIWS thats in the center in front...
Agent556
Might just like this board

Unread postby Ianator » October 13th, 2008, 9:58 am

Crap, totally sorry for necroposting!
Ianator
Totally hardly posted

Return to WindomXP Chat