Freeware for sound files?

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Freeware for sound files?

Unread postby -[J1N]- » March 31st, 2008, 11:31 am

I've been trying to figure out what I could use to cut sounds out of things to use for my character voices for my pilot. and after some thought, I really don't know of any programs. Does anyone know of any free and LEGAL programs I could use to do this?
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » March 31st, 2008, 4:05 pm

Audacity, perhaps? I don't what exactly you're trying to do, but if you can get the sound files, Audacity will do a lot of the work for you.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby inferno_flamex » March 31st, 2008, 6:19 pm

Yeah.. Audacity.. With alittle bit of tinkering done.. You can even record sounds off youtube... You have to change tag from 'Mic Volume' to 'Line In' tho...

Not that i know if its the right thing to do or anything... But i guess it should be okay if its for personal use right?
"When a petanko hugs you, she's hugging closer to her heart"...
~:~:~
"There is no greater love, between a boy and his pillow"
~:~:~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ_FT_c3IiQ
inferno_flamex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » April 1st, 2008, 5:18 am

Thanks for those.

I was trying to use them for sounds to use for my character profile. You can set voices and messages to be played by your pilot by pressing 0-9 on your keyboard, and each will play a sound according to what u put it as. You can also assign sounds to attack sounds and other sounds such as a voice being played when you taking damage, kill an enemy or get killed.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » April 1st, 2008, 7:59 am

Yes, it is all explained in pilotdata.txt.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Return to WindomXP Chat