Server settings

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Server settings

Unread postby KnightBaron » March 30th, 2008, 9:33 am

Is there any settings to reduce the laggy of the game? I saw a settings such as SyncLevel and Deley. What do they do and does it help solve the laggy problem.
btw, sorry about my bad English.
KnightBaron
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » March 30th, 2008, 10:00 am

er, single player game? if it is, try reducing the graphics settings.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby KnightBaron » March 30th, 2008, 10:25 am

Raitei wrote:er, single player game? if it is, try reducing the graphics settings.

The topic is "Server settings" so I mean Multiplayer Game. The game run smoothly on SinglePlayer.
KnightBaron
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Raitei » March 30th, 2008, 10:44 am

KnightBaron wrote:The topic is "Server settings" so I mean Multiplayer Game. The game run smoothly on SinglePlayer.
oh, sorry, my bad. well, other people also experience this; might be because the connection is bad, or something.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby WingZero » March 30th, 2008, 3:48 pm

He's asking which settings would reduce lag. It doesn't necessarily mean he is lagging.

And obviously, better connection means better latency.

I would like to know this also. The only thing I've found out is that SyncLevel for all players must match or it will desync continuously. No idea what Delay does, changing the value didn't do anything for me =/
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Unearthly » March 31st, 2008, 1:41 am

I tested out some of the options in an online match and from what I saw, changing SyncLevel from the default of 1 to 5 didn't change much, but it was generally agreed it seemed a little better. However, changing delay from the default (8?) to 20 made a HUGE difference, the game got a lot more playable after that. From what I can tell, the options can be set by any player in the room and they affect all players in the room (so players cannot actually have different SyncLevel/Delay values).
Unearthly
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » March 31st, 2008, 3:35 am

Hm?

I changed sync level to 5, my friend did not, and the desync message started popping up every second (as opposed to every 10 or so seconds when at 1). After that, my friend changed sync level to 5 and everything went back to normal.

Not sure about delay, didn't seem to change anything for me.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Return to WindomXP Chat